Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scotland vs Wales 6n 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭almostover

For me thats a poor decision. It was a yellow. Mitigation as Hogg crocodile rolled Wyn Jones into a more upright position. Fagerson had committed to the clear out before then. Had Hogg done nothing, Fagerson's clearout would have been fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That's a red and it's the type of red you want to see awarded to be honest. It's a defenceless players getting hit in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭rodge123

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Wales are dog**** and will be 2-0

Took the words right outta my mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Another bull sh1t red card.

I agree, the player was very stupid to perform an act that got him absolutely justifiably sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Another bull sh1t red card.

Forceful shoulder to head. Clear red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Probably red, but the Welsh player did move just before contact, but actually his movement probably made it less severe.

Not quite as clear cut as O'Mahony's though, but still red.

Wales are jammy b@st@rds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

A-Train wrote: »
    Had to be red.

TMO clearly thought it wasn’t a red though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Weepsie wrote: »
    Consistent at least, but did he actually hit the head? POM was square in the face?

POM was far worse - definite red - today was yellow - Scotland robbed , ref really wanted to give it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

This isnt a deliberate hit to the head, it’s a clear out and the Welsh player is moving, and being moved by the other Scottish player clearing out.

What’s wrong with a yellow card???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Wales for the grand slam at this rate

You think they'd beat England and France?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

It's a red but if world rugby want to stamp this out they need to address the breakdown. Too many injuries and needless cards as a result of the current iteration of the laws. Maybe time to have a look at getting rid of the poacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

almostover wrote: »
    For me thats a poor decision. It was a yellow. Mitigation as Hogg crocodile rolled Wyn Jones into a more upright position. Fagerson had committed to the clear out before then. Had Hogg done nothing, Fagerson's clearout would have been fine

If I heard right the TMO was considering mitigating factors but the ref seemed to just dismiss that idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Wales really have turned this around. Looking impressive now

This isnt a deliberate hit to the head, it’s a clear out and the Welsh player is moving, and being moved by the other Scottish player clearing out.

What’s wrong with a yellow card???

He's was being moved out of the way of the tackle, not into it.

It's a red, not as serious as O'Mahony's which looked much more deliberate but both reds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Wales are doing well out of these cards.

To be honest if the player wasn't lifted it would have been worse so it's not a mitigation.

Still doesn't look as reckless and deliberate as O'Mahony's.

Not to go over old ground Venjur and POM’s definitely look mor reckless but I don’t see how you can think it deliberate. He was lining up Tipuric.

I think we’ll see players sacrificing speed of ruck entry for more accuracy, especially from such a distance out.

Wayne Pivac has a guardian angel.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

He's probably smashing into the top of his head if Hogg doesn;t and doing more damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

thebaz wrote: »
    POM was far worse - definite red - today was yellow - Scotland robbed , ref really wanted to give it

Absolute rubbish, that was a red all day long... there's no point in people saying they want a safe game for their kids to play and then excusing that rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

So how does the breakdown get fixed? Rolling in earlier game led to serious injury, arriving at pace is resulting in these hits (even if they're trying to stay low)? You can see why teams are relying on kicking ball / keeping it super tight so players don't get isolated.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Will you come off it.

Fagerson had his man in the crosshairs from about a mile out and gave it the full WWE. If Hogg hadn't rolled him up, who would XF have been clearing out then??

Red.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

The rules for the breakdown will need to be changed...if you are a defender get as low as possible and it's next to impossible to be cleared out...or just drop your height when you see an attacker looking to clear out...guaranteed pen and possible red card

Absolute rubbish, that was a red all day long... there's no point in people saying they want a safe game for their kids to play and the excusing that rubbish

Sorry rubbish , its (was) a physical game , stick to the chess

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

aloooof wrote: »
    I think we’ll see players sacrificing speed of ruck entry for more accuracy, especially from such a distance out.

That should be the desired outcome.

Not to go over old ground Venjur and POM’s definitely look mor reckless but I don’t see how you can think it deliberate. He was lining up Tipuric.

Last week the player didn't move, was pinned at the time and O'Mahony put his whole shoulder and elbow flat into the hit. It lacked the characteristics of a clear out and looked much more like he was putting a marker down.

Fagerson's red looked like he tried to get under and lift the player and got it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    So how does the breakdown get fixed? Rolling in earlier game led to serious injury, arriving at pace is resulting in these hits (even if they're trying to stay low)? You can see why teams are relying on kicking ball / keeping it super tight so players don't get isolated.

They could look at going back to how it used to be. Basically no hands at all. Would mean the defence would have to commit more to turn over which might create space. However it might also result in teams not targeting the breakdown and just fanning out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Will you come off it.

Fagerson had his man in the crosshairs from about a mile out and gave it the full WWE. If Hogg hadn't rolled him up, who would XF have been clearing out then??

Red.

He is supposed to clear him out. So what does him lining it up have to do with it? Would you prefer he closed his eyes first?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

DDTs are now the way to clean out jacklers

You heard it here first

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

They could look at going back to how it used to be. Basically no hands at all. Would mean the defence would have to commit more to turn over which might create space. However it might also result in teams not targeting the breakdown and just fanning out.

If head safety was paramount...that would have been done a couple of years ago...

Covid & Current lawsuits could bankrupt rugby as it is...so head injuries will not a concern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

At some stage the punishment has to match the crime.

There was contact to the head, but clearly it wasn’t severe enough to have any impact on the player who received the hit, and if you want to argue that it does then you need to insist the player who received the hit has to go off for a HIA.

A red card in rugby means that you lost the game. It’s almost impossible to win a match with 14 men, there needs to be some middle ground for mitigating factors of the dynamic movement in a breakdown. A double sun binning 20 minutes or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Sangre wrote: »
    He is supposed to clear him out. So what does him lining it up have to do with it? Would you prefer he closed his eyes first?
    Because he could see where the point of contact would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Will be intersting to see how the Super Rugby 20min red card trial works out

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Lundstram wrote: »
    Rugby has been sanitised to death.

Unwatchable now.

It's a bit breezy, maybe your dish got blown out of adjustment? Or snow on it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

tanko wrote: »
    You think they'd beat England and France?

France to pick up a stupid red card in the first ten minutes? I'd put a pound on it.

Oh look, Hogg scored again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Nermal

I think we'll see players kick the ball more, rather than risk rucks that are now stacked in favour of the defence. That's what we all want to see, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Wales shouldn't be conceding a try like that, especially with a man advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Brutal from Watkins.

Nice.
    I'd prefer Wales didn't win due to a red card two weeks in a row. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Well Scotland manage a try anyway.

Quality finish from Hogg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Darren cave is pushing to Liam Toland levels of brutal commentary...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement

hope Scotland do this , and defy the odds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Hogg for MOTM?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

That wasn't a red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

That was quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

That was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Great try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

LRZ is such a classy footballer. Great try.

Balls.
    Wheels on him, though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

zammit that's classic hes too young to know he cant do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Super try for Wales

Advertisement