Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scotland vs Wales 6n 2021

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

My SkyGo died.

How much did Scotland win by?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

leakyboots wrote: »
    He's arguably the best full back in the northern hemisphere for the last decade. Player of the tournament twice and on the way to a third.

I'd agree with that. The only ones that come close are Halfpenny and Kearney and as good as they were on their day I'd take Hogg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Joey Carberry is the best 15 in NH rugby and I’ll hear no more on the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭ersatz

molloyjh wrote: »
    England were a lot better today than last week. In 2 weeks they'll be better again. Wales have needed red cards in order to win both games. As long as England don't give them that I can't see Wales beating them. They really aren't that good.

I also have no idea how France could be "demoralised" come the final round. They will likely have won at least 3 games and be playing for the title....

England got a joyride off the ref today, May's try might have been called back for jumping over a tackle, they got an intercept try off a brainless pass and Italy, for all the promise they show, lacked the incision and killer instinct needed to really press them. Scotland, who aren't great, undid them last week by physically matching them. Wales and France will be a lot tougher for England. Itoje alone makes them a much better team than they otherwise are. I thought both Ford and Farrell were very underwhelming today.

As for Wales I'm guessing that string of terrible results is behind them, they've had a bit of luck with the cards but they also played well enough to score tries and win. And they have some incredible young talent coming along. They are looking like a team with room to improve and momentum. Even North is playing well these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I'd agree with that. The only ones that come close are Halfpenny and Kearney and as good as they were on their day I'd take Hogg.

Those two were solid, RK was good in the air and great positional sense. Poor tackler for an international fullback. Hoggs defence isn't great but his attack is sensational. Super boot too. Depends what you want but give me Hogg every day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Well ..... that was enjoyable.

Some bad, some good, (sprinkled with a touch of star dust) ..... but most importantly we got over the line .......just.

This team is almost being built on the battle field ..... we finished the game with a lot of young players on the field ..... to be fair they fought like hell & delivered.

I love the fact that they are 'terrible' etc. We'll be underdogs again in two weeks .... shame they'll be no crowd to see it .... the old enemy in Cardiff for the TC is gonna be some game.

The bench players made a big impact today. Established players now know it's open season on their jerseys. This could be a very exciting time for Welsh rugby over the next couple of years as there are some real prospects getting good experience now or are just under the radar .... soon to arrive.

Great to see Ellis Jenkins back on the field last night too ...... if we can get Anscombe back we'll be in great shape.

Liam, LRZ, North, J Williams, Adams, Sheedy/Biggar, Hardie/Davies ..... Halaholo on the bench ...... not a bad back line for England.

Obviously we've no chance of beating them ..........

Wales were decent enough in the 2nd half, albeit with a man advantage. Wouldn’t be overly surprised if you beat England and Italy is a formality. If you get the slam it’d more be a reflection of the quality this year rather the sign of a great Wales team I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Wales were decent enough in the 2nd half, albeit with a man advantage. Wouldn’t be overly surprised if you beat England and Italy is a formality. If you get the slam it’d more be a reflection of the quality this year rather the sign of a great Wales team I would think.
    We're a long way from a GS ..... however we're progressing nicely & finding out who can cut at this level and who can't.

Also ... there is very little talk in Wales of a GS ..... will be different if we turn over England though.

'Reflection of the quality this year ... " is a clichéd, cheap comment usually rolled out when England (and more recently) Ireland fail miserably ......

Take you back to another era, another sport. '82 football world cup. Italy were average early on, failing to win any of their group games yet they made the next round and the rest is history. My point is that at that point in that tournament you could easily say the same thing about them. Yet that was a great WC & the Italians worthy winners.

If we do the slam we'll be worthy winners. We'll have knocked over the French in their own back yard ..... only last week they were the best thing since (insert suitable useful invention) ......

At this moment in time I'm not expecting a clean sweep ...... however by 5pm today we might be the only team left in that particular race ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Take wins as they come for sure. But for years now Welsh fans have bemoaned the injustice of Warburton's red and how it surely denied them the win that day. If a championship win this year makes you worth winners, then in that semi final you were worthy losers too.

This is three huge games in the last 18 months that Wales were well on track to lose, when a red card let them back into it. I'm bitter because I can't remember the last time Ireland caught such an unbelievably lucky break in one game, never mind three.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭hahashake

Pivac immensely lucky, though this may buy him enough time to build a better team.

LRZ a real talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

You can only beat what's in front of you as they say. Also Wales had a lot of injuries going into this match. If they beat England they have a Triple Crown. I would expect them to defeat Italy so even if they lose in Paris 4 out of 5 would be a good return and would leave them in with a chance of winning the title as France have yet to go to Twickenham and could still slip up today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Dickie10

id love wales to win slam be some turnaround, media always seem to whinge about them. there a brilliant rugby nation.

Advertisement