Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House extension: Where to get plans of the house

Options
  • 13-02-2021 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Really stupid question here... my 70+ year old parents are looking to do a house extension... they'd move into the extension and I'd live in the rest of the house. All reasonable. House used to be an old factory in the 60s, 70s and then got

First problem - they had a company around to look at the house and see what could be done.... they in turn sent a very nice lady around to put together some basic ideas but she wants full plans of the house with dimensions.

I don't think we have anything like that, and would likely need a surveyor of sorts in. Does anyone know if the county council generally hold anything like that? The parents think they should have some on file. I thought the council just held folios and planning applications... which are probably still on microfilm for the time this was done.

Anyone any quick and easy advice? Thanks.

Advertisement