Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile app bugged

Options
  • 13-02-2021 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

it frequently hangs on the security checks message, and despite having permission to show notifications, doesnt do so.
    further, it doesnt allow me to scroll down, so cant make use of any options that are off the bottom of the screen, despite being able to see the top of buttons for further options. 

as i have the app set up, i suspect the system is hiding the "i dont have the app" button mentioned in another thread.
    but have been able to use the "original 365online" link that was posted in that thread.
    if that is removed i will not be able to access my account online due to the app being bugged.

i suggest adding the original 365online link to the online account access in a clear position, for anyone else in my position having problems, until the app becomes reliable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

user1092 wrote: »
    it frequently hangs on the security checks message, and despite having permission to show notifications, doesnt do so.
    further, it doesnt allow me to scroll down, so cant make use of any options that are off the bottom of the screen, despite being able to see the top of buttons for further options. 

as i have the app set up, i suspect the system is hiding the "i dont have the app" button mentioned in another thread.
    but have been able to use the "original 365online" link that was posted in that thread.
    if that is removed i will not be able to access my account online due to the app being bugged.

i suggest adding the original 365online link to the online account access in a clear position, for anyone else in my position having problems, until the app becomes reliable.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience when using the mobile app. Can we ask that you check that the screen on your mobile device is not set to zoom as this could indicate why you are unable to view further options on the device? 

The original 365 desktop will be removed within the coming months, however as you are a new mobile app user we would recommend that you continue to use the new desktop version which is available to customers.

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well during this time.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 3 user1092

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience when using the mobile app. Can we ask that you check that the screen on your mobile device is not set to zoom as this could indicate why you are unable to view further options on the device? 

The original 365 desktop will be removed within the coming months, however as you are a new mobile app user we would recommend that you continue to use the new desktop version which is available to customers.

Thanks Jen
    zoom is not in use. horizontal fit of the app is fine, there is simply no scroll function on most pages. 

can not use the new desktop version, due to the app not working. im assuming there is a verification page with a code similar to how steam account security works, or a notification that should pop up, but isnt even having "treat as priority" turned on for the app.

this means i will have no functional online banking access with yourselves "within the coming months". 

Hi there,

Thanks Jen
    zoom is not in use. horizontal fit of the app is fine, there is simply no scroll function on most pages. 

can not use the new desktop version, due to the app not working. im assuming there is a verification page with a code similar to how steam account security works, or a notification that should pop up, but isnt even having "treat as priority" turned on for the app.

this means i will have no functional online banking access with yourselves "within the coming months". 
    Hi user1092

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If deleting the App and reinstalling has not helped with the scroll function, please give a call to our colleagues on 0818200362 the Team are available today until 5pm and will be happy to assist. 

When logging into the site, a notification will be sent to the selected device. If this is not reaching you or is delayed in reaching you, please open the App on your device and click the option 'Added Online Security' this will pull in the notification for you. (The option will display directly under the login request).

Hoping the above is helpful to you.

Many thanks, 
    Alison 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

user1092 wrote:
    it frequently hangs on the security checks message, and despite having permission to show notifications, doesnt do so. further, it doesnt allow me to scroll down, so cant make use of any options that are off the bottom of the screen, despite being able to see the top of buttons for further options.

I've had the same problem with security checks hanging. Each time it hangs it is seen as a failed attempt or incorrect pin. You then get locked out of the app and have to phone in to reset it.

Worst app ever. It's shocking to think that the old app is better. Over 6 months in, this app shouldn't have these problems. Look at the reviews in the play store. It has a 2.8 star rating. The old app was close to 5 star
    At this stage I would expect the major issues resolved & the roll out of fingerprint login

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Originally posted by user1092
    it frequently hangs on the security checks message, and despite having permission to show notifications, doesnt do so. further, it doesnt allow me to scroll down, so cant make use of any options that are off the bottom of the screen, despite being able to see the top of buttons for further options.

I've had the same problem with security checks hanging. Each time it hangs it is seen as a failed attempt or incorrect pin. You then get locked out of the app and have to phone in to reset it.

Worst app ever. It's shocking to think that the old app is better. Over 6 months in, this app shouldn't have these problems. Look at the reviews in the play store. It has a 2.8 star rating. The old app was close to 5 star
    At this stage I would expect the major issues resolved & the roll out of fingerprint login
    Hi sleeper 

Thanks for joining the thread.

If you are having difficulties with the security notification, when you request this from the site to your device you can open App on selected device and click on Added Online Security, this will pull in the notification for you. 

We will be adding enhancements and additional features to the App and will keep customers updated on these. 

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, we appreciate this and will pass to our Digital Team.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 user1092

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If deleting the App and reinstalling has not helped with the scroll function, please give a call to our colleagues on 0818200362 the Team are available today until 5pm and will be happy to assist. 

When logging into the site, a notification will be sent to the selected device. If this is not reaching you or is delayed in reaching you, please open the App on your device and click the option 'Added Online Security' this will pull in the notification for you. (The option will display directly under the login request).

Hoping the above is helpful to you.

Many thanks, 
    Alison 
    i have already found out from colleagues in work that i am not an isolated case of having this problem.

i simply had to mention "bank requiring broken app that cant even scroll" at lunch today, for someone to reply "bank of ireland by any chance", and promptly tell me BoI are charging them 6euro a month in account services for the privilege. and that this app is well known as a problem that is somehow less broken than it used to be, according to them.

what makes me different from any other customer that has this problem, that i might get a different result from calling the number above? 

who on earth made the decision to force customers to use a product that is known by BoI to not be properly functional, let alone reliable? how did they get away with it?

how where there no checks in place to make sure the system was functional before starting to make it mandatory?

i cant afford to lose access to online banking anymore. between needing to arrange rent & bills payment and the ongoing lockdowns meaning bank branches are closed when im not in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

user1092 wrote:
    how where there no checks in place to make sure the system was functional before starting to make it mandatory?

The really funny thing is that they were years making this app. Years! They should let clients roll back to the old app until they fix the many issues

Advertisement