Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Censorship of my posts and Bans from mod ancapailldorcha

Options
  • 14-02-2021 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭

The mod ancapailldorcha has banned me from politics again and again censored and deleted my posts.

Basically if I attempt to post a link of any kind even though I always include commentary/analysis on the link itself he quickly arrives and deletes the post despite countless others posting in the same way in politics. If I question or comment on this in any way I will receive a ban, the most recent one is now for a month.

I am posting in the same way I have done for years but this one individual has recently fixated on me and made it impossible for me to post, PMs asking for an explanation of this "Link-Dumping" excuse he uses are ignored, examples of others (including himself) engaging in worse examples of "Link-Dumping" with no commentary/analysis like my posts are ignored by him.

I want this mod told to leave my posts alone in future, I am not a troll and have been contributing to the Politics forum for a decade+ in the exact same fashion before this individual developed an interest in me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

What are you actually arguing here? The forum ban? Or the fact that your posts were deleted? If it's the former, have you tried to engage with the mod in question to resolve this? This is the first step in the process before we take things further.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yes I tried to engage by pm, he ignored me. This is the second thread I've made about him in here in recent weeks.

Im arguing both, I want the ban lifted and I want to be able to post links and discuss them like everyone else in the politics forum, I'm not posting wackjob stuff here, it's perfectly normal BBC and Mediaite and Twitter links relevant to Brexit or Trump which are the two main topics I post in but if he sees my name on it it gets deleted, the excuse being link dumping even though I always include discussion/commentary, others don't get the same treatment, and I've sent him examples of it, including his own post, ignored.

Thargor wrote: »
    Yes I tried to engage by pm, he ignored me. This is the second thread I've made about him in here in recent weeks.

First of all, DRP is about your ban, not about your personal issue with a particular moderator. Please remember that moving forward.

Secondly, I checked your ban and you received it at 05:32 today. That's hardly makes the case that you have been 'ignored' by the moderator.

For now, wait for the moderator to respond, and give them a reasonable opportunity to do so. I won't me moving this DRP any further along until you do.

mike_ie wrote: »
    First of all, DRP is about your ban, not about your personal issue with a particular moderator. Please remember that moving forward.

Secondly, I checked your ban and you received it at 05:32 today. That's hardly makes the case that you have been 'ignored' by the moderator.

For now, wait for the moderator to respond, and give them a reasonable opportunity to do so. I won't me moving this DRP any further along until you do.
    Not sure where you got that time it's completely wrong, this happened around 11 pm last night.

This is an ongoing issue with this lad, I've sent him plenty of examples and pms and he's ignored them, I'll send a few more for the sake of this process but I won't hold my breath...

Not sure where you got that time it's completely wrong, this happened around 11 pm last night.

Timestamp in the mod tools, likely the server time. But either way, if this happened at 23:00 and you are claiming at 00:00 that you have been ignored by the mod, it doesn't really hold up that you have given the mod a reasonable amount of time.

As I said, please make an attempt to resolve this with the mod in question (and give them a reasonable timeframe), before we move forward with this.

• Advertisement

I mean this issue didn't start last night, its been going on for weeks now, I meant I'm ignored by the mod when I send him links pointing out his hypocrisy and selective censorship, but I know what you mean, thanks.

So any movement on this? He's unlikely to voluntarily unban me or to admit he's been targeting my posts for censorship...

So any movement on this? He's unlikely to voluntarily unban me or to admit he's been targeting my posts for censorship...

Yes there is, and I am going to step in here in an admin capacity.

Your 'engagement' with the mod this far has been along the lines of:
    Thargor wrote:
    Token pm demanding you stop censoring my posts and unban me for the sake of dispute resolution process, see my other pms you've ignored for examples of hypocrisy

and upon further investigation in the Politics mods forum, it seems that your ongoing line of dialogue with any mod that pulls you up on anything is along the lines of "Token PM to <insert demand here>"

That, at best, illustrates a complete unwillingness to engage with the mod in terms of coming to any sort of resolution, and highlights your inability to accept any form of moderation in general. In layman's terms, you're taking the piss.

With respect to your accusation of being singled out, your infraction history across the site is protracted, incessant, in multiple forums and with multiple mods (and indeed, given your time on the site, generations of mods). This is very much a 'you' problem, not an 'us' problem.

I'm ending it here. Your politics forum ban has been upgraded to permanent, effective immediately. Your account is also going on probation for the next three months, should you be tempted to carry the same attitude elsewhere on the site.

Marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement