Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detailed Mortgage Calculator? (Moving House)

• 14-02-2021 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a detailed mortgage calculator for those looking at moving to a more expensive house, one where you can add in current loan repayments, that you've got children etc etc, as I know banks deduct a sum of 'available' money for each child.

Any of the bank calculators I can find seem a little too light, i.e, how old are you, how much are you looking to borrow, over what time, what's your income.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I have an amazing excel based one but can't find it online anymore. I'll see later if I can upload it to here from my PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

bilbot79 wrote: »
    I have an amazing excel based one but can't find it online anymore. I'll see later if I can upload it to here from my PC

Oh that'd be brilliant, would love it.
    If you can find it but can't upload it, PM me and I'll give you an email address?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

I'll take a copy of that excel spreadsheet also if you find it! Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭bilbot79

R11 wrote: »
    I'll take a copy of that excel spreadsheet also if you find it! Cheers

Tried to attach here. Enjoy!

This is just figures only though. Wont calculate your children..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Thanks Bilbot, appreciate the upload.
    This is good for a breakdown of total payments, total interest etc but not quite what I was looking for, but thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cdev

Sounds like you might be looking for a mortgage affordability calculator.

A couple of the brokers have them. They might give you a general idea of the sums available to you. The banks probably also have them buried somewhere on their sites.

https://www.financeireland.ie/pdh/

https://www.mortgages.ie/go/first_time_buyers/how_much_can_i_borrow

Advertisement