Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Process query: how to get teenage student study abroad for less than a year

Options
  • 14-02-2021 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

As title suggests-want to know from process point of view how can I get my teenage student study abroad for 6->12months.
    -It's been 2 years since we've seen our extended family at this stage with covid - I am looking for workable ways to get us to stay longer abroad with family beyond the limits of the school holidays.
    I am in full time employment so would not move my fiscal residency (my employer seems to be ok with letting me work from abroad for limited periods of time); but my partner can move his - so scenario could even be "secondary school student is living with one of the parents abroad"

Anyone knows more about legislation on this, can point me to where I can find info - from school/tusla or dept of education point of view? Or maybe someone has been in similar scenario and can share some insights?

Later edit: guess departure and return are of interest ...

Thanks!

Advertisement