Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torque Screwdriver

Options
  • 14-02-2021 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Do people use a torque screwdriver to tighten up MCB’s and if so what brand. I had a Wera one and it broke after a handful of uses. £130 from Amazon, refund on the way but would like to replace it. I don’t have any faith in Wera anymore...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Do people use a torque screwdriver to tighten up MCB’s and if so what brand. I had a Wera one and it broke after a handful of uses. £130 from Amazon, refund on the way but would like to replace it. I don’t have any faith in Wera anymore...
    Yes. I have a Draper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

I have the wiha one myself, didn't get the chance to use it much. Happy with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭deandean

Not a torque screwdriver, but I use a 3/8" torque wrench and the appropriate socket / screwdriver bit. Not suitable for all-day use, but very good for occasional use. It goes town to 4Nm.

Advertisement