Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade Meter Tails

Options
  • 14-02-2021 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Looking to upgrade meter tails in the near future.
    Is it ok to use the cavity in the house or should they be chased into the walls.
    Not sure if any rules on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bjm

Anyone?
    Best chased or is cavity ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newuser555555

bjm wrote: »
    Anyone?

it can go in the cavity but it should have suitable protection from the installation, kopex around the tails should be fine. are you getting 16s or 25s for the tails?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Gestureapo

Anyone?

You can bury pvc/pvc cables being dropped to a "point" , meter tails wouldn't fall into that category

SWA, yes I think but wouldn't be good practice to bury in wall

Tails in cavity and surface is prob the best solution

Is there any new regulations?

Yes need to put 25mm in.
    Probably go SWA route.

Yes need to put 25mm in.
    Probably go SWA route.

Ya keep an eye on the new rules

DP main Isolator + main protective device at cabinet( if enclosure has N+E terminals)

I presume the addition of the Isolator is to do with branching off for car charging

There should be provision being made for car charging by contractors at this stage anyhow

• Advertisement

Yes, I heard ESB are being pushed to let ev chargers come out of meter cabinet, supposed to be a announcement in near future

Yes, I heard ESB are being pushed to let ev chargers come out of meter cabinet, supposed to be a announcement in near future

There'll be some rearranging of tails and enclosures needed in a lot of cases

Better to be prepared if upgrading

ESB wouldn't need to be pushed

At a guess I'd say they'd be part of the lobby

Off -peak usage is in their interest

Advertisement