Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v France 2021 6n

1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Galthie has tested positive for Covid.

Hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Oh!
    Remember him at the end of the match?
    Mask down talking and hugging players

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I'm not sure, but I think at least one of those dopey lineout penalties was caused by his lifter letting him fall sideways and he instinctively grabbed out for support. I thought I heard Pearce say that it was a penalty against the lifter.

One at least was a one man lift by Porter. Not sure if that was a deliberate tactic or a bad call. It’s very difficult for one man to lift a jumper straight and keep him that way if he leans across.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

GreeBo wrote: »
    Nah, it was a bad call, you dont shoot out like that in the hope of gathering if it leaves your man unmarked outside you, there was already a defender on Fikou, JGP had no business leaving his man imo.

I think that if JGP didn't go in on Fickou, the Fickou scores. Ruddock wasn't going to stop him. The problem was what happened on the other side of the pitch. France opened Ireland up, the defense scrambled to stop the try but never reset. Same thing with the other try. Lowe was in a no win situation. 1 on 1 with Dulin in acres of space. He made the right call to go for the spot tackle but he missed it. However, the pass should never have got to Dulin.

With Lowe's almost try, my issue with Keenan wasn't the timing of his pass but with the fact he didn't take out Fickou. After he passes he slows up a fraction and avoids colliding with Fickou who the gets across to help in the tackle. Keenan needed to run into Fickou "accidentally".

I thought the Irish forwards played well in general but the pack is missing a really dynamic, destructive ball carrier. They have lots of grafters but are missing a SOB, Ferris, Healy (in his prime) type of runner. Henderson can do it but doesn't do it often enough. Furlong can be that but is obviously just coming back from injury. Hopefully Kelleher will take on this role more and more. Also Doris and Leavy are that type of carrier so the potential is there to have a truly great pack with a good mix of grafters and destructive runners.

I have seen several posters calling for the coaches to be sacked. Who should replace them? Genuine question. Some have called for Cullen & Lancaster or ROG but does anyone know if they would be interested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I've said this before, but I am certain JGP gets done by the bouncing pass. The pass went in front of Fikou, and on wet ground, the chances of it bouncing up the way it did and him getting control so quickly were super low.

Look for your receiver and offload - doesn't look like rocket science if a team actually has the mentality to support and receive

(obviously Dupont's one is a little bit special)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

I was impressed by the height JG-P got on his box-kicks. Although some went too far, Murray’s recent efforts in that department for Ireland haven’t been great.

That first French try illustrated the difference in class between the two teams. As soon as France started offloading, we looked static and desperate. Blame should be shared across the team and coaching staff for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I think that if JGP didn't go in on Fickou, the Fickou scores. Ruddock wasn't going to stop him.
    Based on the analysis cilp above you can see that Ruddock is there an able to make the tackle, JGP doesnt even touch Fickou...

In any case, if JGP decided to come in then he should have at least made the tackle, it seems like we tried for an intercept or to "get in the way" and Fickou just pops it over his head for an easy score.
    France only had 2-3 players in the backline there and still cut us open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

OK, 0.5 max off JG-P’s rating for the mistake, given that the whole team was seriously stretched by that brief French shift into another gear. I was muttering Jaysus to myself long before the try. It had an air of inevitability about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

At the very least JGP has to try stop the offload there, which Leinster players are actually often really effective at. He steps in and doesn't even help Ruddock out much. Its a really big error.

I did think he was really good elsewhere though, I'd be all for starting him again.

Advertisement