Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powermeter training question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

If you want big mileage on the turbo, go on Zwift and join the C Cadence pace group ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yellahmann

I'll leave the 5 hours on the turbo for the pros and racers. That's too many hours in one go from my own weekly exercise ration.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Raymzor

nilhg wrote: »
    Did you upload any of your data to intervals.icu? If you did, it'll have done an estimation of your FTP as well, I'd be interested to see how it compares to the 0.75 of your last minute power method for the ramp test.

Never heard of intervals.icu until your post Nilhg. Thanks. Interesting piece of software. I took a look at some of my 20min sweetspot intervals. Looks like 30% of my time is higher than it should be! I always train outdoors on varied terrain with a number of left hand junctions prompting me to overcook power exiting! Anyone see this as a bad thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭nilhg

Raymzor wrote: »
    Never heard of intervals.icu until your post Nilhg. Thanks. Interesting piece of software. I took a look at some of my 20min sweetspot intervals. Looks like 30% of my time is higher than it should be! I always train outdoors on varied terrain with a number of left hand junctions prompting me to overcook power exiting! Anyone see this as a bad thing?

It's very impressive for something which is free, if you check out the forum you'll see that David, the man behind it is very responsive to queries and seems to have great plans for the site.

I'm not really qualified to answer your question re the SS intervals, my understanding from my reading is that it's not that important that the power is exactly right all through just that the average for the interval is within a couple of percent of the desired wattage. Or maybe you're underestimating your FTP and stronger than you think....

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Raymzor

nilhg wrote: »
    It's very impressive for something which is free, if you check out the forum you'll see that David, the man behind it is very responsive to queries and seems to have great plans for the site.

I'm not really qualified to answer your question re the SS intervals, my understanding from my reading is that it's not that important that the power is exactly right all through just that the average for the interval is within a couple of percent of the desired wattage. Or maybe you're underestimating your FTP and stronger than you think....

Thanks Nilhg. Time for a 20 min power test so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Raymzor wrote: »

On varied terrain you’ll never hit exact numbers throughout the interval or at least that’s what I’ve found. On longer reps I always run avg & NP to compare, getting both close is a good guide for a quality interval.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

intervals.icu telling me what my legs already knew :D

Advertisement