Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Shops

• 14-02-2021 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Does anybody remember a shop in Limerick where you could buy loose cereals, flour, washing powder and similar items, I think it was called scoop N save or something similar.

Or

A place called Chubby Checkers, I'm sure it was based in William St, where Abrekebabra was. It used to do burgers, chips and other fast food.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I've heard of those but can't answer definitively as before my time.

The 'Are Ye Going Up Town?' book released last year might be of interest to you.

https://www.mic.ul.ie/news/2020/are-ye-going-up-town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭sioda

Scoop and save was on upper William Street iirc.

Chubby Chequers was Caoi Caoi as well I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,714 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Does anybody remember a shop in Limerick where you could buy loose cereals, flour, washing powder and similar items, I think it was called scoop N save or something similar.

Or

A place called Chubby Checkers, I'm sure it was based in William St, where Abrekebabra was. It used to do burgers, chips and other fast food.

I think Chubby Checkers was the owner trying to go it alone when he lost the Ara franchise contract but could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Yeah Chubby Checkers was up past Burgerland before Limerick Sports store I think. Only ever frequented after the nightclub so my geography might be a bit out.

It opened up once Abra closed.

Advertisement