Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can’t offer an anti rugby opinion ?

• 14-02-2021 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

I offered my opinion in a rugby thread.

Banned immediately-
    Are we not allowed voice opinions anymore if they don’t fit the narrative of the thread?

I’ve messaged the mod - no reply .

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You were only banned 20 minutes or so ago, come back when youve actually given them a chance to reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You were only banned 20 minutes or so ago, come back when youve actually given them a chance to reply.

Is this North Korea ?? Your not allowed mention the biggest elephants in the room in case you cause offense ?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As awec is the only currently active Sports CMod I will have a look at this at that level. You will be able to appeal my decision to another Admin should you not be satisfied with my decision

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

|Firstly can you confirm that other than the initial ban message was that screenshot your only exchange with the mod in connection with this?

Beasty wrote: »
    As awec is the only currently active Sports CMod I will have a look at this at that level. You will be able to appeal my decision to another Admin should you not be satisfied with my decision

Appreciate that .

It’s hardly fair when the rugby forums mod’s avatar is a rugby player, and is obviously a rugby person - who is unable to accept an anti rugby opinion as it doesn’t suit the narrative?

• Advertisement

This appeal will deal with your ban

Please refrain from further irrelevant comments about the mod

|Firstly can you confirm that other than the initial ban message was that screenshot your only exchange with the mod in connection with this?

Please confirm if that was the only PM exchange with the mod

Could you also confirm this is what was posted to trigger the ban
    *** not trolling ***

But as an Irishman I’m delighted they lost.
    The team is as Irish as an ‘Irish bar’ in Bangkok.

Rugby is and always has been an elitist sport.
    .. and don’t start me on the national anthem mega mix !!

Please confirm if that was the only PM exchange with the mod

Could you also confirm this is what was posted to trigger the ban

Here’s more of it

Is that the complete PM exchange?

And could you confirm the post I quoted was the one that triggered your ban

Thanks

Is that the complete PM exchange?

And could you confirm the post I quoted was the one that triggered your ban

Thanks

Yes . Initial post was deleted.
    I posted my delight in the Irish team being beaten and my reasoning behind that .
    Mod / pro rugby - didn’t appreciate it

• Advertisement

Did you ever read the forum Charter and/or the sticky on the "six nations window"?

Did you ever read the forum Charter and/or the sticky on the "six nations window"?

In a word - yes
    I think I was treated unfairly in the backlash of another miserable performance

From the sticky
    n a nut shell this means that any breach of the forum charter will be dealt with infractions or bans.

From the Charter
    This is a Rugby Discussion Forum, please try to remember that different people will have different opinions. Just because someone has an opinion different to yours doesn't mean they are trolling. At the same time, please try to refrain from posting one line posts stating "Player X is crap". Do try to give reasons and stimulate discussion.

Trolling (deliberately trying to provoke other posters) is a bannable offence.

Stupidity is a bannable offence. Further to this, there is a general Boards.ie rule, the all encompassing "Don't be a Dick" rule. So, just don't be a dick.

Moaning about the "Anthems" will result in a ban....This has been discussed to death and only results in flame wars.

But of course you know all of that, and indeed spurned the chance for further discussion in October 2019

You freely admit you do not like Rugby, but this is the second time you have trolled the forum

Perhaps you should have taken your own advice back in that prior thread
    Don’t want to post in that forum again.

Before I issue my decision do you have anything else to add in support of your appeal?

From the sticky

From the Charter

But of course you know all of that, and indeed spurned the chance for further discussion in October 2019

You freely admit you do not like Rugby, but this is the second time you have trolled the forum

Perhaps you should have taken your own advice back in that prior thread

Before I issue my decision do you have anything else to add in support of your appeal?

I genuinely was offering an unpalatable opinion.
    Obviously the rugby forum was busy / i gave my opinion which I still stand by.
    Your decision should be easy enough to decide .

- did I offer a valid opinion?
    - did my opinion upset the rugby crowd ?

Thank you

Your only interest in the forum is trolling it. I am going to go back to that prior Dispute thread and deliver to you what you requested. Ban upgraded to permanent

You may appeal to another Admin should you wish

Thank you

Your only interest in the forum is trolling it. I am going to go back to that prior Dispute thread and deliver to you what you requested. Ban upgraded to permanent

You may appeal to another Admin should you wish

Fair enough - not used to being banned, so can you please give me the details of other admins I’m going to appeal to ?

I have marked the thread for Admin attention

Someone will be along in due course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll take a look at this shortly in the capacity of admin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Well that didn't take long. Your opening post in the Rugby forum 16 months ago was "I despise everything about Irish rugby", and you've made that blatently clear in every post since, inclusing the posts that led us to this discussion. Contravention of the Rugby charter aside, it's hard to see how your sole intention in the forum isn't to simply pop in now and again, wind up anybody who is actually interested in a discussion, and leave - i.e. trolling.

Based on that, and your opinion of the sport in general, you don't need the Rugby forum. The rugby forum likely doesn't need your input either. Your ban from said forum shall remain permanent. Consider it a favour - we usually siteban blatant trolls.

Marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement