Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why has Limerick gone to the dogs?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,628 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Augeo wrote: »
    Due to the coverage of the Hillsborough Disaster in 1989 some newsagents on merseyside don't stock that paper. It's not banned in the City, you'll still see some gormless LFC fans from Ireland reading it on matchday and wandering around with it. It's banned in Anfield stadium and Melwood training ground alroight, that's LFC though, not the City of Liverpool.

Yes it's not officially banned in the city just boycotted and I know Everton fans from the city who boycott it too.

Hillsborough was just the tipping point in a long history of attacking the city

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

riclad wrote: »
    I,m a male i have never seen anyone running or jogging in the city centre,
    Maybe an older woman is more vunerable
    or seen as an easy touch for a euro
    I see women walking around with coffee
    As most coffee shops are now takeaway
    only
    I simply give no money to anyone
    Say no move on no need to have an extended conversation
    Every 2 days someone asks me for money
    Maybe it's a culture shock to move to a city and suddenly dozens of people
    are asking you for money or cigarettes

Beggars and homeless people tend to hang around in certain streets
    Maybe 90 per cent of people are working from home
    Leaving certain areas to the homeless
    At this point in dublin at least 50 per cent of shops cafes are closed
    Temple bar is mostly closed apart from a few small cafes
    I have never felt threatened by a homeless person or a junkie
    I think it's funny when a 20 year old asks
    Me for money and they are wearing
    the latest cool sneakers and a nice jacket
    Maybe the limerick accent sounds rough
    or agressive to someone from outside the area
    Im not a expert in regional crime levels but the last 10
    years 90 per cent of time if limerick is in the news its about gang fueds and drug dealers

I'm quite similar. One guy that hangs around William street wanted money for the bus to visit his mother at the Regional hospital. I told him to walk out.

Redhead guy on O'Connell street always begging money for coffee. Says to him no change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I worked with a bloke from limerick and he was telling me used to buy hash from a fella in moyross . He called to the house one day to buy a bit and his 10year old son answered the door . The kid said to my workmate " if your looking for hash my dad's all out , come back tomorrow and he'll have some then "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I worked with a bloke from limerick and he was telling me used to buy hash from a fella in moyross . He called to the house one day to buy a bit and his 10year old son answered the door . The kid said to my workmate " if your looking for hash my dad's all out , come back tomorrow and he'll have some then "

Yeah that doesn't surprise me one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,980 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

standard moyross!

cops were a pain though, sitting accross the green busting all the respectable college type walking out of moyross!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Scrap Saturday very much played up on and cashed in on the Limerick media stereotype

ah c'mon its just satire, i lived in Limerick at the time of Scrap Saturday and everyone took in good spirits

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

I think at this point the OP has got their answer - thread has basically descended into Limerick bashing now.

OP if you want further information there's a Regional Forum where you can ask that question - but I would strongly advise you to frame it in a more positive manner to avoid sanction.

Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement