Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inaction by mods in Current Affairs forum.

Options
  • 15-02-2021 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭

Received a thread ban tonight despite fine gael supporting posters making worse comments about sinn Fein and other parties. I reported several comments of trolling and others of intentional derailing of threads and nothing. In the PM's Beasty said only one complaint in four days was visible. This is incorrect. Some of the posting by certain users is horrendous and I can't understand how it's tolerated. The only explanation is a bias by the mods. I can list out the pro FG users that seem to be immune from repercussions if you like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Okay, step it back a little. What infraction or ban are you actually contesting here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

mike_ie wrote: »
    Okay, step it back a little. What infraction or ban are you actually contesting here?

Beasty

Moderator Note

Some accusation to make about a public figure

You are now threadbanned

Your post:Quote: smurgen
    Quote: CrazyFather1
    So far any politician that is not part of huff&puff you have an issue with, what are you talking about restoring some faith?

He's a crony corrupt politician. No place for such a person in public service

smurgen wrote: »
    Beasty

Moderator Note

Some accusation to make about a public figure

You are now threadbanned

Your post:Quote: smurgen
    Quote: CrazyFather1
    So far any politician that is not part of huff&puff you have an issue with, what are you talking about restoring some faith?

He's a crony corrupt politician. No place for such a person in public service

Take a look through that thread and the posts I reported by a poster Brendan. It seems like boards supports trolls and has no issue with posters derailing threads. No support for their posts and muck like this. He's a Brendan post from that thread that lead to my outburst:

"Lookit, if you want to be taken seriously, or semi-seriously on here, you need to ditch that auld crap.

Tryin’ to help you out, pal.

C’ mon...."

smurgen wrote: »
    Take a look through that thread and the posts I reported by a poster Brendan. It seems like boards supports trolls and has no issue with posters derailing threads. No support for their posts and muck like this. He's a Brendan post from that thread that lead to my outburst:

"Lookit, if you want to be taken seriously, or semi-seriously on here, you need to ditch that auld crap.

Tryin’ to help you out, pal.

C’ mon...."

Just an update on the latest post from this poster that I have reported. Note I was not talking to this poster at the time.

"Respectfully suggest you need a dose of reality, a chara

You need to inform yourself, dude.

Don’t expect someone else to wipe your ****.

Thanking you."

I can only assume that either this type of posting is now acceptable from some but not from others depending on the moderators own political leanings or that the person is a moderator with a second account.

So after lodging my complaint I've now been thread banned? Boards what is going on here?

Necro

Mod:

Both of you are now threadbanned seeing as you continue to snipe at each other

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Smurgen,

I can look into this for you. Have you PM'd the moderator?

The threadban can be appealed in HelpDesk.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

I have indeed. I will appeal at the help desk so. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement