Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scarifier purchase

Options
  • 15-02-2021 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Looking to purchase one so I can start on a few big lawns in March.Most places seem to be keen on the Weibang models but heard they are quite heavy.Any other recommendations?Eliet,Dormak,Stiga.Let us know about the machines you have and how you find them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Looking to purchase one so I can start on a few big lawns in March.Most places seem to be keen on the Weibang models but heard they are quite heavy.Any other recommendations?Eliet,Dormak,Stiga.Let us know about the machines you have and how you find them.

For commercial purposes camon seem to be the market leader here . I'd give my right arm to buy one , but for domestic purposes it's a touch costly .

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Borrowed time

Dr4gul4 wrote: »
    For commercial purposes camon seem to be the market leader here . I'd give my right arm to buy one , but for domestic purposes it's a touch costly .

Like the Camon alrite,800 probably my Max.The top Weibang 1200,Camon even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Bought a lidl one 2 years ago. It does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Like the Camon alrite,800 probably my Max.The top Weibang 1200,Camon even more.

If youre using them for commerical purposes, the honda engine in the camon is there for a reason. the Weibang ..? im sure it's an oversea's machine, might suffice for a few years.. who knows right ?

If youre using them for commerical purposes, the honda engine in the camon is there for a reason. the Weibang ..? im sure it's an oversea's machine, might suffice for a few years.. who knows right ?

Honda engine in largest Weibang,loncin engine in smaller model.Try to get the the 6.5 hp Honda in any machines I have like the little generator and wood chipper,bullet proof.

• Advertisement

Honda engine in largest Weibang,loncin engine in smaller model.Try to get the the 6.5 hp Honda in any machines I have like the little generator and wood chipper,bullet proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I bought an Etesia 2 years ago, absolutely incredible, far far better than a Camon! 2 different reels on mine.

I scarified almost an acre last autumn and it didn’t tire me out the way the Camon did previously.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    I bought an Etesia 2 years ago, absolutely incredible, far far better than a Camon! 2 different reels on mine.

I scarified almost an acre last autumn and it didn’t tire me out the way the Camon did previously.

Do you mind if I ask where you bought the Etesia?Wow their mowers are some price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Do you mind if I ask where you bought the Etesia?Wow their mowers are some price.

Sean Duggan near Mallow, there are 3-4 dealers in the country.

Yes, their stuff appears on the pricey side but build quality and performance are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Gorteen

I bought a scarifying blade for my mower. Does a great job!

• Advertisement
Advertisement