Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Louis Louis Gleeson still around, living with Carol?

Sparko wrote: »
    Do priests generally bless gay weddings? I thought they were very much against them.

I don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So looking like Jane's gonna be king-maker then.....and Mairead misinterprets what she knows so could be two for price of one come this time Thursday......?

Janes cutting remarks towards Dearbhla in first half about her hair etc. ha ha!

Flirting her orse off with Cian.

Good to see Bella at least standing up; if they were trying to hide the walking stick though they could've tried harder; they've had him out of wheelchair & simply sitting in a number of scenes (Seans house, on the couch, in Orlas, the Pig etc.); I think we can take it Jim's mobility is severly limited if he can't walk a few steps in a scene to make it look like Anto & him were leaving the front room; very sad as he's been a brilliant actor going back to his pre Fair City days & in the 90s on Fair City when he was carousing etc. he was top-notch; the SWs need to give him some meaty storylines to reflect this; the wedding to Cass has been a slow-burner til tonight & maybe 2-3 previous episodes so let's hope Thursday's better.......there's been mention on here of Yvonne returning which should like a few sparks.

As for Fr. Liam; his "ways" in terms of describing those on his programme are.....unusual I guess?

Dearbhla not knocking off the phone though.......amateur hour.

Fr. Bertie to do the blessing; his character, original actor or not, hasn't been "scene" (!) in years I'd say; possibly since the client Will was caring for (how did Dolores end up being his "Special Friend" when she was stepping out with Pete like?); now it's Fr. Liam & like while it's not 2 Gay Mens Nuptials, it's not like the Catholic Church would approve of why they're getting married & what for anyway so unlikely to be something they'd do; it's a legal loop-hole & work-around but morally it could be interpreted differently.

Jane & Tommy falling out once she'd ear-wigged in on Dearbhla & Damien; she seems to've not had a game plan so needed time to think.....

No Wayne or Mark as best man at Damo's wedding, so who is, Tommy, Cristiano, Dean or Mondo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No Wayne or Mark as best man at Damo's wedding, so who is, Tommy, Cristiano, Dean or Mondo?

I think it's Laura. I'm sure I heard her calling herself best woman at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Do priests generally bless gay weddings? I thought they were very much against them.

Dont actually remember anyone mentioning to him that it was two men.....yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

Dont actually remember anyone mentioning to him that it was two men.....yet..

Presumably Father Bertie knew. Or maybe he "broke his foot" to get out of having any part in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

I think it's Laura. I'm sure I heard her calling herself best woman at some stage.

Off topic but Laura takes herself so seriously, she annoys me. Be it fitness, imposing her negativity re. marriage on Damo.

Bring back goth Laura 2003!

They even managed to get Denzo back in the boot of a car for Decco and Kerrie Anne in 2016!

Edit: Meant to reply to Liz JPI re no Mark as bestman etc.

I think the blessing of a marriage was initially used for second marriage (hetro) couples. The sacrament of marriage is sacrosanct and only for a first marriage.

However Catholic Church position on gay marriage is it cannot give a blessing to 'sin'. Whether it will ever evolve on that score, who knows. But it doesn't seem very 'Christian'. Jesus never made any comments on sexuality. He seemed to treat people well, particularly those social outcast. I'd say he'd be sound about it, like his treatment of Mary Magdalene etc.

It being Holy Week I said I'd make a spiel!

Your religious affairs correspondent :D

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    That Liam fella is a right prick. Comes across really aggressive.

Agreed. Not a dark sense of humour!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭yaknowski

Is that Ronny Drew's son in FC tonight? - looks like him
    ... (even with a mask on)

Over-egging the accent

yaknowski wrote: »
    Over-egging the accent

Could be a seasonal thing.

The polkadot wedding.

Cass, you're a pain in the ass.

In 10 lifetimes you wouldn't do what you've claimed to have done and seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Bela must have been shaving with a cut throat razor, he have a bit of a cut on his neck

Nice clevage Jane :)

Two miserable weddings. All that's missing is a funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Tommy the ram caught out...

Could they not let us see Damo knocking him out. Everything is so sanitised. I never saw Tommy Dillon get one decent slap for all his carry on.

• Advertisement

Poor oul Bella (Jim Bartley) looks shook.

Dervla looks like a caterpillar or as Cybil Fawlty might say, a stick insect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Tommy and Dearbhla - like father, like daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I’d love to chop Antos ponytail off...

Do a Mr Bean job on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Tommy is a pure buck! He should be on Tallaghtfornia.

Is there anyone he won't mount?

Must have some rod on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Tommy is a pure buck! He should be on Tallaghtfornia.

Is there anyone he won't mount?

Must have some rod on him!

Haha lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Mairead and Jane looked well there in fairness.

Thank fcek for Jane as what a dull episode without her, could not care less about Cass and Bela's fake wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Thank fcek for Jane as what a dull episode without her, could not care less about Cass and Bela's fake wedding

Yeah..theyre going on as if they really love each other...i reckon whatever is in the box will be something that will make Bella feel guilty..

Jane stole the show in the wardrobe department, but Phoebe looked cute in her dress..
    Tommy deserved a slap....and totally worth it.....and Mairead telling Damo she only used Tommy for a practice run...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Deeec

Damien and Maireads wedding was probably the worst wedding ever. They ran down the aisle to get married with a meter between them - Surely this could have been shot differently. Fair play they abided by the covid rules of only having 6 guests and the guests that are couples even socially distanced from each other. It gave me a good laugh watching it.

I watch Eastenders and you wouldnt even know covid exists. They seem to shoot scenes well while abiding by covid rules. In fair city they seem to deal with covid issues in a very confused way.

Advertisement