Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

It was a little contrived that Jane was the one doing the facetime thing with Saoirse that led to the big reveal but it was still delightfully dramatic. The solemniser's face and reaction was one of my favourite extra performances yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 apollo95

This isn't said enough but Maclean Burke is totally underrated as an actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I don’t understand why are Cass and Bella getting married. Is it a tax thing like that real life friends who got married?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

bazermc wrote: »
    I don’t understand why are Cass and Bella getting married. Is it a tax thing like that real life friends who got married?

It was originally for tax but now it seems to be about these life long friends getting married.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

For Charlie's house so if one dies the other keeps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Deeec

The Bela and Cass wedding is a ridiculous story. It will only get interesting if one of Belas children returns and realises their inheritance could be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Deeec wrote: »
    The Bela and Cass wedding is a ridiculous story. It will only get interesting if one of Belas children returns and realises their inheritance could be gone.

Hopefully Yvonne. She’s a ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Hopefully Yvonne. She’s a ride!

Tommy'd be up on her before she set foot in the house.

Sparko wrote: »
    It was a little contrived that Jane was the one doing the facetime thing with Saoirse that led to the big reveal but it was still delightfully dramatic. The solemniser's face and reaction was one of my favourite extra performances yet.

Yes why would Jane arrange, she knew Damien had cheated and isn't very friendly with him, Caomihe or Mairead :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

It was originally for tax but now it seems to be about these life long friends getting married.

They never addressed the fact that Bella would have been lumbered with quite a large tax bill when he inherited the house from Charlie. It seems relevant considering the fake wedding is to avoid Cass having to pay tax if he got the house if Bella died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Sparko wrote: »
    They never addressed the fact that Bella would have been lumbered with quite a large tax bill when he inherited the house from Charlie. It seems relevant considering the fake wedding is to avoid Cass having to pay tax if he got the house if Bella died.

Yea I was trying to explain it to my husband why the 2 of them were getting married and I was wondering if that had been mentioned. Also was it ever said why Charlie's grandkids didn't get the house?

Yea I was trying to explain it to my husband why the 2 of them were getting married and I was wondering if that had been mentioned. Also was it ever said why Charlie's grandkids didn't get the house?

I think he may have given them money or something and didn’t terry win the lotto?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Who's next for Tommys magic wand I wonder.

Maybe Bronagh

Maybe Bronagh

I thought Bronagh was close with Mairead, convenient that Dearbhla was bridesmaid not Bronagh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I really need to get back into this thread. Its been nearly 4 years.:D I'm still watching this muck TV show as its Irish and funny and a total and absolute anti way in how to make a soap. Since Covid, its gotten worse, More obvious Actor marks than a shoot out. They even share marks in the same scene.:D Forget the wide angle RTE. Stick to tight shots. Maybe look at Eastenders.:D As for the storylines??? Holy Fook.:eek:

I'll be around here giving commentary.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I really need to get back into this thread. Its been nearly 4 years.:D I'm still watching this muck TV show as its Irish and funny and a total and absolute anti way in how to make a soap. Since Covid, its gotten worse, More obvious Actor marks than a shoot out. They even share marks in the same scene.:D Forget the wide angle RTE. Stick to tight shots. Maybe look at Eastenders.:D As for the storylines??? Holy Fook.:eek:

I'm the opposite of yourself, I quit the show but I'm addicted to the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Grandeeod wrote: »

I think we're all hooked on it.. It's like "WTF" sometimes. Just can't believe the story lines they come up with, Covid or no Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Just caught up. Good acting by the Damo fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Maybe Bronagh

TBH i think Bella and Cas had a lucky escape....:P

• Advertisement

I love the way they felt the need to put L-R under the pictures in case we didn’t know which was which.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Sounds like he has read this forum.

Actually would make you think about how we describe people physically.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Well i got banned for commenting on someones appearance...go figure..wasnt even bad.:rolleyes:

I do think people can go a bit overboard when discussing actors, particularly their appearance. It can be hard to realise they are humans too who might just read it, especially when you're talking about smaller actors like RTE "stars".

But he needs to learn what a keyboard warrior is, and a troll. They do not mean what he appears to think they mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If thats the worst they ever say about him he's getting off lightly, the twitter mob are like a pack of wolves when they start on someone.

I do think people can go a bit overboard when discussing actors, particularly their appearance. It can be hard to realise they are humans too who might just read it, especially when you're talking about smaller actors like RTE "stars".

But he needs to learn what a keyboard warrior is, and a troll. They do not mean what he appears to think they mean!

I can’t see a difference between a keyboard warrior and a troll when it comes to slagging someone’s appearance in fairness.

I can’t see a difference between a keyboard warrior and a troll when it comes to slagging someone’s appearance in fairness.

A keyboard warrior is someone who fights a cause from behind a computer.
    A troll sets out to cause outcry.
    Neither of those things describe "people who say mean things about my appearance".

Ger knows Liam, could he be Hayley's real dad

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ger knows Liam, could he be Hayley's real dad

I'm still convinced Anto is her Da as in he banged Ger behind Sharon's back against a Dart Board many moons ago.. But I could be wrong.:D Who knows. The writers don't know anyway.:D As for the Liam lad. Bless you Father for you have had a personality transplant. FFS that Drew lad is an awful actor. Brutal! I won't sleep tonight in anticipation for the Wedding fallout episode.

• Advertisement

And we're off YOU FILTHY LIAR!:D

Advertisement