Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Ffs as if Joan would be sitting in a fast food restaurant planning her sons funeral. Totally ridiculous. Imagine if Rafferty's son found out he is adopted and is really Joan’s son and had a fight with Cian which led to Cian being bumped off. That’s probably a bit too weird though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭John arse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Yeah, but if Joan stayed at home in her own house and organized her sons funeral like a normal person, how would we have all the impromptu meetings and encounters. In fact nobody in FC eats or drinks coffee at home (only during Covid when everyone either called over to Caddle's house or stood outside McCoy's).

Too be fair to the writers, the time lines on FC are meant to be longer than they appear on the programme (I think). Example : we see Joan having a coffee in the Pig and then we see Joan having a coffee in the Station ... I think these are meant to be different days.

Oh I know yeah but it would be a little bit more believable if it showed Dearbhla calling into Joan’s office maybe because she couldn’t reach her on the phone. It would add a bit of spice to show them having a huge row and then Joan doing a Peggy from Eastenders and shouting “get out of my office”

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

I hope they don’t include the funeral. Would be just the Carrigstown gang - no aunts, cousins, grannies, school mates etc

erika looking through the merchandise in the Helping hand was so fake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Of course, there'll be no relations, friends etc. at the funeral, FC producers aren't made of money. $$

Erika seems to have completely sorted out her postnatal depression (or the writers just forgot about it, similar to Maireads OCD)

Incidently, I think Doug is being criminally wasted.... he could be a great baddie. He's a big guy and has that sort of wild look about him and the dodgy hair cut with the bald patches here and there. The accident with Nora was a great opportunity to send him over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I think Doug would be more suited to being the village idiot, unless he’s hiding behind a fools face!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any sign of Dermot since him one scene cameo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Imagine living and working with that head wrecker erica

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Renee's party was dropped in there like a skink bomb in the middle of a dancefloor. I didn't even know she was having a party. I didn't even know it was her birthday. Unlike every other event, ranging from the mundane to the absurd, they didn't let us know a month in advance. Normally there's some sort of buildup to these gap fillers. It's customary to have at least two characters casually reminding the locals of the upcoming knees up. And there's usually some ''dramatic happening'' that takes place at those type of events. But for Renee's party; nothing..... (Unless you count Leo's laryngitis, that is).

For a long time resident of Carrigstown who's been involved in some of the highest of the high drama - or in colloquial speak, the b******* that would never happen in real life - she had a woeful turn out. Just Sharon, Erica, Dolores, Sean, Leo and Hughie (Bob doesn't count, because he has to be there) but she can always take comfort in the fact that Cian; even in death, is still more unpopular. Jaysus! He had an awful poor showing... No one to mourn him but his mother, the ex he drugged, the ex's father who just so happens to be one of the suspects in his murder, a father and son duo who aren't best popular themselves and some random lad named Sebastian (who we didn't see), who was off like a shot as soon as the service was over. Cian was so unpopular none of them - save Dearbhla - came back to the pub for the free booze and sandwiches. Now, that's saying something when the Carrigstown regulars turn down the chance to get p***ed on someone else's money.

But back to Renee and her birthday bash... I swear I was cringing at the awkwardness of it all. And at Dolores trying to shake her stuff to a melody from the 1960s about a girl getting her heart broken at her party, because her fella got engaged to someone else. Someone called Judy (Good job Tommy wasn't there; the ''Judy'' part might reignite his shotgun wielding stalker inclinations). But for some reason, they all thought this was a great song. Timely and appropriate and Renee kept pointing to herself at the ''my party'' part. Brilliant... I kept waiting for something to happen. Because surely, there had to be a reason for this sudden insertion of an event that hadn't been mentioned; some point to it all. Was Hughie going to drop down dead? Was Dermot going to land in and sweep Sharon off her feet to the strains of Erica singing Up Where We Belong? Was Heather going to make her grand entrance?

But, nothing.. . Nothing happened; save a a sh**load of cringeworthy antics and Sharon fretting later that Anto would be miffed because he was stuck in rehab while she was out kicking her heels up (honestly, he didn't miss much; calm down Sharon). It was then I saw the truth of it. All of the FC creative juices have been free flowing into the Cian murder whodunnit for a while now, so there's no juice left for a decent between the Cian scene filler story, so someone came up with ''let's give Renee a small party because we need a bit of variety in an episode'' and wrote it hastily at the last minute.🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I wish I had read the previous comment before spending 30 mins watching it for myself. The party really was one of the more bizzare things I've seen on tv in ages... not even mairead and bosco that work with Renee bothered showing up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

Is Erica back at work already?

Twice in the episode tonight it was suggested that Doug babysit his own child. Seriously! Are we in the dark ages where Dads babysit their own children?

I wonder did Dolores and Sharon have to use a blowtorch on Erica to separate her from the awful hairband.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cllr_Dermod_Fahy

Why does Caddle go into the Bistro to get coffee when her own place sells coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cllr_Dermod_Fahy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

I'm half way through watching latest episode and came on here to comment wtf that was all about and just read your comment. Spot on. The most bizarre thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭thesultan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Someone here was talking about how characters are reintroduced after they disappear for months. This party took the cake. Big Bang for a load of characters and a stupid sing along. My God.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I’m not sure Cian was so unpopular. I just think if they had the gathering somewhere other than the jacks in the station more people may have turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

Also Cian wasnt from Carrigstown, Joan doesnt even live in Carrigstown so why have the bloody funeral and afters in Carrigstown. They would have been better if they had just mentioned that the funeral was taking place somewhere and show none of it than what they done. Sebastian I think is Cians dad - they could have at least shown him to make it a bit believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

Truly bizarre party. Sharon and Erica didnt even want to go! It would have been a brutal if they hadnt went.

What is the purpose of Sean anymore - he has no storylines, just shows up at random events and says very little.

Thats party looks like it was thrown in to fill some space. Probably some character went down sick and they had to fill in with something. They done a really bad job of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Totally pathetic party, like no matter how much Cian was disliked; having the party in the same venue as a funeral gathering (especially for a young person) is insane. Its not that long ago that Erika and Dervla were best buddies. There was no dialogue between Bob and Sharon/Erika on what song he was going to play - they seemed to know instantly that he'd do that tune...

It took Sharon exactly 9 seconds to go into the Salon, issue a gift voucher and return back outside with the voucher in an envelope for Bob.

I know posters have said it before but anyone and everyone can walk into the site office, its like FC writers are trying to get max usage out of the portacabin.

Why am I watching this rubbish....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Wonder would Cian have been buried wearing the black leather jacket??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

It must be addictive or something because it's terrible. I'm asking why am I watching it too.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Sounds very like Sharden doing the voice over on the new Sky tv ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,197 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am enjoying James throwing his da under the bus with the Gardai and then horny Carol defending him

Advertisement