Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,961 ✭✭✭Deeec

I'm wondering are they just going to ignore the fact Jane is gone ( the actress finished up weeks ago) - I would have thought Jane's exit would have come up by now. I had thought there was going to be a missing storyline - doesn't seem to be happening now.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

There will prob be a mention of callum having an emergency and Jane needed to rush to him, never to be heard of again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

Yeah I thought Gar would be involved in a story for Jane leaving but obviously not.

I think Damo would be better back at his painting job, far less hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Isn't he a bit young to be leaving the school grounds and head home on his own

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Jack is nearly 12 but I suppose they don't really allow primary school children to wonder at lunch time!

• Advertisement

Does anybody else sort of totally forget characters exist?

We had a dose of Anna and Dean a few weeks ago and now their gone.

Also Doug, Erica and baby Nono.

Lately we had Paul and Orla who are also forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Was the last time we saw orla and Paul the day they told the kids they were breaking up?

Next time we see her she'll be living over the bistro as if the wedding never happened.

I'm kinda ok with not seeing Anna and Dean strolling around day in day out.

And I am deffo ok with not hearing about baby nono all the time

But it's crazy that anto isn't around with all the Sharon drama happening. Is he still living in the pod or had he moved In with hayley

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭political analyst

If Mairéad and Damien were never friends with Maxine then why did they invite Maxine to stay with them after she mentioned that her girlfriend was checking her texts and why did Damien and Maxine polish-off a bottle of whiskey? It doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

The absence of Anto is ridiculous, given the Sharon Rafferty drama.

I'm definitely not missing Anna and Dean and wouldn't care if they never came back never to be heard of again.

Also, what about Maria and that young fella that Anna took in. What happened there.

And again the fact that Carol doesn't seem to acknowledge brunette Zoe's existence now. Have they not told her she's back.

It's really ridiculous the whole lot.

I'll still watch it tonight for my sins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭Rfrip

i ask myself every time why am I watching this and I actually don’t know. I even have it series linked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

Years of living with Detective Deegan hasn't rubbed off on Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭apache

That Rafferty is such a joke of a character.

Looks like a corpse, all the women after him.

When Damien was in the hole he thought all 9 stone of him could pull 18st Damien out with one hand. Then Rafferty himself gets connected to the mains in the hole. Not a bother on him. Makes getting electrocuted in the hole look envigourating.

Awful whinge little bollix but very few tell him to eff off.

Very believable that the steering would go in the van after the 5mph tip off the lamp post.

Damien has double chins on the back of his neck!

His posture is awful. Pity he wasn't electrocuted in the hole. It might straighten him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Jesus Maxine is an annoying character.

Damien should be much more intimidating when putting on the hard man act given his size. He'd actually encourage someone to take him on he's so unconvincing.

Maria moved away.

I think Anna saw through the young lad. It was a weird and rushed story tough.

Maxine started off kind of nice but now she has a moody side also but at least she's better than Zoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Reginald Perrin

So obviously after getting out of hospital it's straight to Damo's and Mairead's for Maxine in order to recover, why would she bother going home to her own gaff and duvet when she can stay with people she got to know only last week and sleep in their spare room (no ensuite) and especially when they're also letting her stay there for the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i reckon the van fixed very badly , bodge job and thats why van crashed with yer one in it .

BTW what are people's views to these 'spoiler clips' that FC put on every end of the programme as the titles are scrolling up? - do you like seeing what is coming on the next episode or would you rather they didnt do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,364 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The JSP PPE clobber not used at all on Rafferty's site, it's pretty much the construction world basic cheapo "Family Album" style merch in safety land. I've enough of the gear to take me on to any site in Ireland. The steering 'going' on a van in 2023 would be as likely as KITT getting a managerial role job in AA Roadwatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,536 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Maria left Carrigstown and moved back down the country - she sort of fell out with Anna over the robbery incident with young fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

I never watch the preview clips. I only half watch, I'm usually crafting while it's on and if I watch a preview I get confused in the next episode thinking I've seen this before....

I much prefer recap snippets but they don't do them in soaps, tbh it would force the writers to answer a lot of our continuity questions if they did a quick look back!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Fair enough. I missed that episode. A story that was resolved in FC!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,225 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will Maxine's jealous possessive girlfriend show up as I don't understand why Damo and Mairead took Maxine in to recuperate

Maxine’s ppe , high viz , hard hat and shiney doc martins :)

Damien isn’t a great employee and has a serious attitude problem and is a dick to women

• Registered Users Posts: 18,536 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

He's very bad tempered as well. Flies off the handle and makes things much worse for himself - lots of times if he just stayed calm, the situation would resolve itself, but instead he starts shouting the odds and making things worse. He and Mairead are a bit of an odd couple, she is much more chilled out.

• Advertisement

Advertisement