Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

Jaysus it’s brutal isn’t it on fairness 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 18,537 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Don't construction companies usually work for property developers? This storyline is being run as if Rafferty is the property developer - usually if the costs of materials or labour start to rise for unforeseen reasons, it's the property developer who would be hit with the bill, not the construction company (witness the overrun on the National Children's Hospital for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

The construction site story has lots of holes, from actually falling into holes, to portacabins that anyone can rock up to in a hi viz. But, yes for a builder to have €100 in the bank is strange, he's a developer and builder,(remember the planning permission saga, that was Rafferty himself applying).

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

As far as I know, the way it works is there's one main contractor who manages all the other subcontractors. So I believe none of these builders would even be Raffertys employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭maurv2

I find the whole business of Gar having a bit of a strop and walking away every time Joan appears just getting boring at this stage.

If I understand it, Zak is now going to supply Rafferty with materials and equipment for half normal price and all top quality? No questions asked. What a load of baloney

• Advertisement

Oh that's right, I forgot the planning permission. But a construction company not having enough money to pay for equipment or to pay its workers is a strange storyline - if they were down to their last few cents, they would hardly be starting a big building project in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

The elevation of Zak to this fella with all the contacts across multiple fields is just ridiculous.

Everything is wrong about him. Country lad from Kilkenny with a Cork accent. Again nothing like the little fella who played the character a decade ago. Who was also wrongly cast, South Dublin rugby kid, rather than rural.

He's in Dublin a few months in total and has several contacts in the drug and crime scene. He can sort building materials, he can get get a crashed van fixed. Is there anything he can't do? Answer: act.

Post edited by Ragwort and Stones on

A lot of other criminals wouldn't even trust him, as he would be a total outsider to the Dublin criminal scene. They would assume he was probably working for the Gardai or something....no way would they accept him as a bona fide criminal. He stands out like a sore thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,528 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Georgie needs tranquilizers more than Olivia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

A lot of 'forgotten' characters seem to have made a comeback. The contract negotiations with the talent, have clearly gone well. No sign of Anto or Paul/Orla though in a good while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

Damien is all hunching, body movements, grimaces, emotion.

His posture and body language is terrible. Looks totally lacking in confidence and composure. For the size of him he really destroys his attributes. He has no presence.

If ever a fella needed to study Cillian Murphy as Tommy Shelby in the Peaky Blinders it's him. How to have presence, control and not be so reactive to the slightest problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I didn't think it was possible to find a worse actor than the characters who play Bosco and Zack, but Fair City have gone and done it with Georgie..... Mother of divine 🙈

Post edited by littlevillage on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

Was coming on here to mention Damo's posture, stand up straight!!! I can hear my granny and old schoolteachers saying it: pull your shoulders back, stand tall! He's all round shouldered and sticks his head forward rather than up.

I bet Georgie and Olivia will be best buddies soon, yawn....

It might have been better for Georgie to take advice from Sharon and not Olwyn since he knows Sharon but Olwyn is just some randomer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Did anyone read this post on their phone and then sit up straight. 😊

I don't think the writers watch the show more than two weeks of what's going on. I doubt the actors watch it either or they would ask what the hell is going on.

I think it's filmed months in advance so they should able to sort things out before it goes on air no matter the contract are.

Get the hint Sharon 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 30,496 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Joan having that file on her desktop was ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,961 ✭✭✭Deeec

Yeah and Dearbhla opening the file was even more ridiculous.

Both Dearbhla and Joan never seem to work - they just sit in various places drinking coffee. I wish we could see them working for a change.

The set designers are probably busy re-designing the 'back room' of the Hairdressers into the 'back room' of this new Vegan restaurant 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 16,543 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think part of the reason its lasted so long when the stories are sh1te is because its produced by RTE which is paid for by us, if half the stuff RTE puts out had to sink or swim based on the quality of the programme there would be a lot less well paid actors and presenters on the payroll.

Having said that I've watched it since the first episode back in 1989 and in its early years the storylines were a lot better than now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,961 ✭✭✭Deeec

I think you may be right! Another fecking place for them to sit around having private conversations.

• Advertisement

I was watching “bad sisters “ at the weekend and in my head I was imagining Sharon Horgan pitching it to RTE “ah well done you with your little script, here’s our team of writers and producers to help you jazz it up a bit “

Request to set designers : please have a shelf for Joan to hide behind and appear out of nowhere at all times “

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭John arse

WE NEED TO MARCH ON RTE!!!😤

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Photobox

It was way more character driven than plot back then. I have been watching it since 1989 as well. There were really strong fully rounded characters in it back then not caricatures like now and not in a good ironic way! Its not just fair city though all the soaps are like that now. Dramatic storylines get the viewers I suppose.

If you look at every interaction in fair city it’s apparent that none of the characters really know each other at all , the script is like strangers talking or colleagues in a new job making small talk

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

Is The Ram™️ on the prowl again?

"If you need a break, come on over to us," says The Ram.

🔜🔛🔝

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

And having it named "Matthew's Will". She might as well as named it "Incriminating Evidence, Open Me!"

It's interesting that they've shown pictures of how the gym is supposed to look, based on the size of it I assume we're never going to see it on screen or it'll just magically look completely different, maybe a redressing of that community centre room that hosts funerals every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭apache

It's so bad we keep watching it again.

Just catching up on latest episode now. Fair play to Sharon for saying it like it is. Georgie is right to be pissed off with Sash over Olivia or whatever her name is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,228 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anna had no issue living with Simon and Maria, plus is a nurse but is mad at living with Sash and her child Olivia

Advertisement