Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 GeneKranz

Chart Hits 81 vol 2. By K-Tel. Many households 8n the 80s had a copy. If I recall correctly you got vol 2 free with vol 1

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Otis Hill

So Zack actually doesn't have the money buy the pub after all. Wonder who he'll get as the other investors. Aidan maybe?

Had to laugh at Tommy telling the consortium that Zack had made wise investments. Aside from crypto in 2016 to 2020, what investment would have yielded a net of €1,200,000 from a whatever measley capital Zack had available to invest?

Dolly giving Zack business advice but left out the part about where all her money came from 🤣

Zack trying to be the tough man with Carol. Think it might be time for her second son to get out the golf clubs 🤞

Where the f*ck is Derbhla??? She'd actually be relevant to this Zack storyline. Has she actually decided to work for a change while all this drama is unfolding?

Wonder will Fergal's arc culminate in a whodunit? He's clashed with Erica and Ray so far and looks like Alex is next. Gar will probably fall out with him again at some point too. Where is Sean these days? He's the one who insisted Fergal be given a chance and then he fecked off as soon as soon as the bigot started

• Registered Users Posts: 38 GeneKranz

No, he referenced tracks on the album to Babs. "Toyah Wilcox, Madness, Stars on 45"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

any significance to Dolly overhearing Zak wanting an extra 260 grand? - she is hardly gonna chip in?

• Advertisement

I wonder....an investor magically materialised when Zack got that text. Maybe Dolly will actually be unveiled as the Queen Pin of all crime in Carrigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Photobox

The way Alex assumed box was stolen straight away, surely you would have a bit of a look around the place first!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,210 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A few cast in The Woman in the Wall

I presume its all part of the writers agenda to rush through every storyline a mile a minute. With the Mairead and McCabe storyline they burned through the whole thing in 3 or 4 weeks when normally a soap would get 6 months at least out of that type of story. I'm guessing for this storyline Alex will clash with Fergal over the charity box and the extremist storyline will escalate quickly from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Must be a money saving wheeze. They just hire a set of actors for maybe a 10 episode run to cover a specific storyline... the story has to be finished in those 10 episodes and some of the actors disappear for the next set of episodes.

It leads to crazy situations... where family members and house mates etc. just disappear when they would normally be quite central to the story. Eg. Dearbhla would certainly have had something to contribute to the Zack pub purchase storyline.

Also you would think Joan might have been consulted on some of the legal matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Seems to be too much of a coincidence that a coloured guy arrives in Carrigstown just as Fergal starts to "become" a racist

Some of the loonie types in my socials are laughing their asses off at Fair cities far right storyline 😂 it does resemble something from a children’s show though 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Photobox

What are people saying about it as a matter of interest? I think he is a stereotype myself. Can someone not have a mix of left and right views? The left is good and right is bad black and white narrative is not helpful I don't think, anyway I know many will not agree with me and think he is a true reflection. Just curious..

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Sean 18

I can't understand the script writers either where's the logic as you say mairead and mccabe could have been a good storyline if it went on for a few months instead it's over in about three weeks why must they rush through every storyline this fergal story will all be wrapped up and forgotten by the end of September

I saw a phone recording of the scene with Alex discussing the content of the fliers and all his followers were laughing away.

yes I do agree with you , I think if a person thinks either left or right they are intellectually stagnant, one needs to see the bigger picture

• Registered Users Posts: 82,342 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see there's another kidnapping going to go down in the new season, hopefully it doesn't run for 2 months plus worth. Carrigstown must have more kidnappings per capita than Sao Paolo...

A teaser line in the press release announcing the new season read: "A season of explosive drama awaits in Fair City's Carrigstown this autumn, where a kidnapping goes horribly wrong."

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I hope I'm not starting another petition.

However it does say it goes wrong so hopefully it's not to dragged out.

I agree with Fergal in that we have taken in too many refugees migrants asylum seekers, Ireland has done it's far share and above, we are a small country

I'd like Gar and Fergal's mother to return and introduce the sister

I wonder is Dolly or Carol kidnapped for money?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭con747

You would think the way the stories fly through it will have something to do with Fergal and the new dad or Alex or Carol and Zac just to end one of those stories quickly.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe Gar will kidnap somebody for their kidney.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Chat GPT has spoken..

Title: Unveiled Shadows

In a surprising twist of events on Fair City, the ghost of Will Casey hatches a plan to kidnap himself, seeking to shield his secret identity as Joan from being exposed. Will's unexpected accomplice in this endeavor is none other than Aunt Kitty, a quirky character with a hidden past. Together, they hatch an elaborate plan to fake Will's kidnapping and hide him on Aunt Kitty's farm in Kilkenny.

At first, their scheme seems foolproof, as the residents of Fair City are baffled by Will's apparent disappearance. The community is in turmoil, with Carol, his closest confidante, leading the desperate search to find him. Meanwhile, Paddy, the vet from Emmerdale, finds himself in Fair City for a conference, adding an unexpected element to the unfolding drama.

As weeks turn into a month, Aunt Kitty and Will manage to keep up the facade, hidden away from prying eyes on the remote farm. However, just when they begin to believe they've outsmarted everyone, chaos ensues when Zak from Emmerdale arrives in town. He's on a mission to prove to Zak from Fair City who the true "ZAKing" of the soap world is, injecting an amusing rivalry into the storyline.

Zak's arrival creates a series of comical situations, from mistaken identities to unexpected alliances. While he's meant to be a temporary visitor, Zak's eccentric personality and relentless determination to prove himself as the ultimate soap character quickly entangle him with the ongoing kidnapping investigation.

Meanwhile, the woman who makes coffees at The Community Centre becomes unintentionally involved as she stumbles upon a clue that leads her to the Kilkenny farm. With emotions running high and comedic mishaps aplenty, the plot takes unexpected turns. The suspense builds as Aunt Kitty and Will's secret hideout is threatened by Zak's inadvertent interference.

In a dramatic climax, the truth about Will's self-kidnapping and hidden identity is finally unveiled. The community rallies together to confront the absurdity of the situation, leading to heartwarming resolutions, unexpected alliances, and a touch of soap opera-style humor. As Fair City returns to its normal routine, the memory of this outrageous escapade becomes a cherished tale, leaving residents with a lasting bond forged through a series of unforgettable events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭John arse

REF: The kidnapping, it's Georgie,Gwen and Anna that are kidnapped but their kidnappers (hardened criminals now) quickly make the decision to free them before they lose their fupping minds!!!😤

Lol, if it's Dolly she's in hard luck. Pete is too stingey to pay for a ransom 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Brilliant! Was at the Lammas Fair today and on one of the stalls there was a box of old battered records. Had a quick flick through it and at the back was a copy of Chart Hits 81. There was only 1 of the 2 volumes there but it was the one referenced in Fair City last night.

And Doug too thick and too busy hanging out with Fegal

I hope there’s nothing sinister about the clampers husband, we need some long term commitments instead of 25 minute storylines

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

I think Victor could be a good character - hes likeable. There is no on screen chemistry though between him and his wife/ex wife at all.

Traffic warden women ( cant remember her name) started off great - bossy, brash and loud in her interactions with Dean. Now shes a monotone bore. I thought she was going to get together with Dean with the banter they were having. No sign of Dean or his Van at all though recently.

• Advertisement

What happened Orla's affair with Robyn's husband Lenny, no confrontation, catty b!atch fight? Does Dolly know?

I know Kira and Paul knows

Advertisement