Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Photobox

I think its meant to be a one night stand. Jess told Babs it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Babs didn't even apologise to Carol, Ruby in her school uniform selling fireworks in The Station

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

You'd also think Jess would be worried Steo would casually mention their hookup to his bestie Greg

How long is Steo's sentence and what did he do to get put away? I presume he was awaiting trial or already on a suspended sentence for something when he slept with Jess. He'd already been put away by the 9 week mark and that'd be very quick for him to have gone to trial if he'd done a crime after banging Jess. Not that FC writers would take any of that into account 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

It looks like the writers decided half way into the story it would be good to make Greg and Steo best buddies without thinking how plausible this was. You would think Jess would know this important detail and see it as a further reason not to lead Greg to believe he is the father.

Also you would think Greg would mention to Jess that he was going to visit his mate Steo in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Jess must work at something, Babs said something about her cutting back her hours.

• Advertisement

FFS is James going be killed off or memory loss or blackmail Sharon etc.,

I wanted James, Beau and Zack to face prison

Is Robbie's mate still after Beau for Carol?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭con747

You need to join the writers creche to get those answers 😂

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Pete is taking Nono who is fifteen months old knocking on doors trick or treating. Ffs ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

Yep wouldn't the parents do that not the grandparent? Something will happen Nono in the care of Pete.

I was not expecting the James/Sharon stuff, interesting to see where this goes.

How on the name of God is Jess tired from work when clearly she doesn't work? And cut back on her hours? From what? Zero to zero! She is such a nasty lazy young one. Poor Greg, I hope he cops on and stops waiting for Jess to come clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Next thing she'll have left her fella!!

Is it on tonight?

Edit: I thought today was Sunday, sorry.

• Advertisement

Nearly spat out my tea when Babs and Jess mentioned she had a job. I wonder is it in the same place Sash was working as an office manager for a financial company before she gave it up for a high flying job in McCoys? That'd explain why Jess gets away with doing sweet FA. Sure didn't Sash go for a nap when she was supposed to be working from home during the day? That place would suit Jess down to the ground 🤣

Was Jess lying to Babs about it being a one night stand with Steo or have the writers changed course? All of a sudden they seem to have a past that goes longer than one night

Carol to Hayley: "I don't go around kidnapping people".

Um, so what would you call it when you had Zak cuffed to a radiator Carol? 🤣

Steo looks older than Jess and Greg and like actor Emmett Scanlan of Kin and Hollyoaks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Someone needs declare shenanigans asap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Bela signing off. He must be the longest running character left in the show?

Paul has been there since the first episode too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Pete and his injury... ridiculous. Also, if he was on painkillers.... should he be drinking?

Maybe the cocktail turns Pete into a raving lunatic.... and he kidnaps Carol.... 😁 (again)

Post edited by littlevillage on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭con747

Hayley either has something in the oven or had too many kebabs in the shed when she was put in there after the fastest pub sale in history.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

Why are Sharden, Anto and Hayley allowed anywhere near James in the hospital? They're not next of kin and surely there's still some limits on hospital visits since Covid. Just as well those 3 were on the rota or they'd probably have to have Bosco and Leo randomly fretting over James 🤣

No sign of Con or Gwen, you'd think the 2 of them would have a vested interest in what happens to James. Even Sharon's line to Anto "what? Tell Con that I pushed his son down the stairs" was a bit out of place considering Con seems to have no interest. He'd probably be grand with Sharon shoving James down the stairs.

Jess mentioned her job again. I reckon she's lying about the job as well as the baby and the prison visits. No way she does a days work

I presume Pete is heading for a painkiller addiction. At the rate FC burn through stories he'll hit rock bottom by the end of the week, do rehab the first episode next week and be right as rain the following episode. Either that or he'll do the rehab in the holding shed for months

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

its like FC writers have suddenly realised that she (Jess) should have a job. Or there is going to be some storyline about her not getting paid for her maternity leave or has the baby in work etc. some work related storyline.

Was out trick or treating with the kids last night, didn't see any children in buggies, actually didn't see any kids under about 4. Weird Nono getting into the Halloween spirit at such a young age

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Ruth, Jack, Junior and Sash's kid should have been out trick or treating.... but of course they are kicking their heels in the holding shed, soo the show had no option but to wheel out 15 month old Nono

The make up dept did a good job lobbing on the purple eyeshadow on James. Lol at Babs saying to Jess that the reason Steo had no visitors is because his family are in there with him. That was genuinely funny whether it was intentional or not. When Pete was first introduced into Fair city he had a back problem and couldn't work, no sense of duty or obligation back then and he had two teenage boys! I think he got money for it too, didn't Anto call him Compo Pete.

Exactly, Pete was introduced as being on disability allowance due to the bad back. Presumably he would have had to have a doctors assessment to claim that so I don't get why he's reluctant to go to one now. They probably forgot they did this storyline with him 15 years ago or maybe the turnover in writers is so high they don't know. Probably don't have anyone to oversee continuity like other soaps do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

You would think though the actors would remind the writers that a storyline isnt consistant with the characters past. I can kind of understand why a new writer wouldnt know ( although there should be a biography on each character) but the actor shouldnt forget.

Pete constantly out pushing Nonos buggie with a bad back is now boring. For the last 2 weeks Nono doesnt seem to have been looked after by her mammy or daddy at all. Pete for god sake just say no to the babysitting and sit back and rest.

Whats the betting that Steo is probably going to be released from prison just in time for the babies birth. You would think Greg would have known that his best mate was with Jess before they got together. They've runied this story by suddenly making Greg and Steo best friends.

As regards Jess's job - writers please let us know what the hell she works at.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FionnB

What? He was still in it until now?? He must have just left the cushiest job in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

Yup I love the way Anto calls him Compo Pete. He had plenty of back issues and then worked on the DIY shop.... Doesn't match up.

Now it looks like our Compo Pete is going down the road of codeine addiction or similar.

Wonder will Sharden and Anto get back together?

Advertisement