Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Agree ... Damien does not seem to be Orla's type or Mairead's either for that matter ... he is a 50 something year old tradesman not James Bond !!

James is played great by the actor ... he is a total creep very well played ... I get the feeling he is a very nasty character capable of anything with dimensions we have yet to see ... basically a paedo and a pervert he will resort to that type ... plus he is a kidnapper and I feel he is not above resorting to violence when needs be ...

I hope they focus mainly on him ... have zero interest in that Iranian woman working between the 2 solicitors or anything with Bosco Brown aka Rory Cowan ... or Damien 'the women think I'm James Bond' Halpin and his love life ...

Sean is surely older than 20s at this stage ... more mid 30s I'd guess or even older ?? He has been in it for years and very little storylines for him ... which is strange ... at best he is a backup character in a storyline like that drug dealer house one of a few years back ...

We never did get to hear exactly who James' mother is ... focusing more on the Raffertys indeed would be best ... Babs and co are just doing nothing interesting and the Iranian secretary with the solicitors is not very interesting either ... and Bosco Brown aka Rory Cowan is terrible silly ... the Raffertys have a lot to answer and father and son are complex interesting characters .... there are some great characters but others going nowhere akin to those Dan Keating or Keith McGrath characters of a few years' back ... mainly Orla/Carol/Yvonne boyfriend material IIRC ...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think the Fair City writers are bad at casting male characters.

Dean was good in his day cage fighting, sleeping with Sandy, etc.

Paul also was a total womaniser.

Whilst Paul maybe a bit nasty with Orla he's not as good as he was similar with Dean.

Now the two lads just run around making food and coffee.

Will and Dr Oakley were very strong characters but they were villains.

I don't think they can get the balance correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Men of military age wandering around the town with nothing to do 😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 18,511 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Agree that Bosco is unlikeable. He seems to be a slightly creepy busybody and gossip, sticking his nose into everyone else's business, whilst never revealing anything about himself. Another weird aspect is that he a complete outsider to Carrigstown and didn't grow up in the area, making his general nosiness a bit off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Much of the script is fanciful nonsense but boscos lines in particular are awful

Who the hell says "wine to share and wine (cheeky look) wine not to share" unless it's a euphemism for cocaine I've no idea whats being said there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

I think the actor that plays Sean must have pissed off the bosses but contractually and legally they have to keep him in the show. He gets no stories, no lines worth talking about - hes little more than an extra at this. He must be on good enough money though for the actor to keep it up because it must be sole destroying as an actor to get no stories at all and literally to be made into a fool of a character hanging around with aul lads occasionly.

Im guessing Rory Cowan also has beef with RTE and to shut him up he was given a job in fair city. His character is completely pointless - hes never been part of storyline either big or small and probably never will. Hes another guy thats little more than an extra and just gets to say a few things now and again. I really cant stand him - he really is talentless but he himself thinks hes wonderful. He has no purpose in the show whatsover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Things that do not exist in the bubble that is Fair City - writers....take note:

• Housing Crisis/ Homelessness
    • Unemployment
    • Commuters or people who drive cars to work
    • People who play sports
    • Cost of Living Crisis
    • Monogamous Relationships

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

People who claim they are broke but eat out/get takeaways all the time

The ability of making a coffee at home

Going somewhere private to have a private meeting /discussion

The ability to work outside of carraigstown

The ability to end a storyline in an adequate amount of time

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

Sean, Doug and Damo's brother Mark were all in the same year in school so Dean must be more or less the same age as Doug so I'd say about 30 -32.

TBH it sounds like from this article that the actor hasn't much interest himself. He's just there to say his lines and go home

Direct quote from him:

"Fair City is kind of separate to RTÉ in the way that I go in to play a character called Seán Cassidy and I go home again."

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/ryan-andrews-says-theres-misconception-31601366.amp

Post edited by Otis Hill on

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

Dean said his age as 44 I think when he was with Anna, which would be about right, he is in it probably the best part of 20 plus years. Lol at Rafferty calling Hayley and James Bonnie and Clyde..would have been funnier if Hayley had been wearing her beret. Speaking of Dean, is Vangirl forgotten about..is that to do with quite possibly Fergal not coming back.. 🤔

Post edited by Photobox on

I get that Victor wants his family to be liked by the neighbours but what would he invite Bosco of all people to his house for a Christmas party? Surely Mairead would be top of the list for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Jess had a square shaped bump tonight 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

”Lumbering constipated mode” really made me laugh 😂😂😂

Even by Fair City standards it’s very strange they did the big build up for vangirl and then Dean disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

I remember Doug and Sean in school alright, you'd think they'd be friends but no scenes together. Sean is Kira's sister, Juliet's uncle and Orlas cousin, but again not much mention of those. It's all about moving boxes with Bosco!

He's wasted on fair city, he's brilliant in Panto and a very friendly person to meet afterwards, so polite and kind.

I'd love Sean to have a big storyline in FC but the most they stretch to is getting change for the station or moving boxes.

That would make sense ... I take it you mean Sean not Dean (that is Leo's son the mobile chef ... and van living guy!!) ... I think every character in it is older than we think ... because they are around for years in it ...

Guessing some others ... and yes there seems to be no retirement age! ...

Bob and Renee .... 80 give or take ...

Dolores ... 70s ... Pete harder to know ... Enda Oates is defo early 60s himself but an actor and character do not need to be the same age ...

Cass ... early 80s .... Cass's girlfriend who went off .... same but played by a actress of early to mid 60s ....

Damien ... early 50s ... his current wife ... about 5 years younger .... mid 40s ...

Orla ... around 47-50 ...

Paul ... I remember he was 50 a while back ... he is prob 60 at this stage ...

Hughie .... must be 70s .... going on his brother Christy being in it for years ...

Dervla, Sash, others of that circle ... 30s ...

Tommy .... 60s to 70s ...

Some of the newer ones ... harder to tell ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭John arse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I don’t mind Victor and Ruby, but cannot stand Jess and Babs,

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

Lololol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

People in soapland take tablets in a specific way. It's never with meals as is usually suggested, the tablets are generally in the person's pocket (who does that??), they tip the tablets onto their palms and slap their palms to their mouths, then take a glug of water. Always the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Mostly in a public setting for everyone to see

Advertisement