Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,510 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

And always grimacing and sweating whilst they do so! That is definitely one of the biggest soap clichés out there 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 86,161 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Christmas has Carol invading the Collins household, will Sharon or James crack and confess

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

And are always shocked when they realise they have none left, firstly who puts an empty packet of tablets back into the press/pocket and secondly if they are that addicted they would know only too well that they have none left.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

So was she just biding her time? She's actually been in the holding shed these last few weeks longer than the storeroom James and Zak kept her in. Instead of bumping into Carol, James has been bumped into Ray and Nora around every corner the last few weeks and Nora doesn't seem to give sh!t anymore that James kidnapped the mother of her grandson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Has Melanie had a personality transplant? She's turned into a bit of a psycho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Alex came out of the shed looking like neville bloody Bartos

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Georgie gets all the good storylines, peeling spuds is what every actor want to be doing.

Carol showing up at a family lunch and being allowed in....even though she is a sworn enemy of all of them.

Pretty unlikely in the real world... but perfectly normal for Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

And yet again we have the writers showing people transferring large sums of money by tapping one button. No joint authorisations, no pin code 🙄. I pay suppliers in work every day, always need 2 authorisations, always need my login details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

Would love an invite to Victor's party, would be a right ole sesh, with a box of crisps, another bag of crisps and about eight cans. Great Craic altogether.

Post edited by Photobox on

It will be known as the great Xmas day 2023 phishing scam storyline in the annals of soap history

• Registered Users Posts: 86,161 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hughie or Bob or Renee could not cook in the community centre for the shelter?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

It is hard to know with some of them ... Like the older Bond films I do not think the writers bring age into any of it all that much ... Cass is realistically portrayed ... the actor is 80 and the character is that ... he is retired and not working running some shop etc like others ....

Damien looks a lot older than 44 but he always looked older ... the actor is 44 but he looks older imv ... I wasn't watching Fair City when Hughie was in it first so don't remember that .... Tommy is tricky to figure out but maybe 60s is correct ... Dervla would definitely be 30 by my calculations too ...

Bryan Murray aka Bob Charles is definitely 74 so Renee must be somewhere around that too ... she is actually the realworld wife of her character too .... Dolores is another one hard to figure .... Martina Stanley is definitely 66 so I assume her character must be at least that .... depends on what age Wayne and his sister who died .... can't remember he name not Jessica the other one .... were ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Just like Eastenders, people have short memories in Fair City

Of course if they hadn't let Carol in to join the "party", how else would we have had the big exposé???

Maybe Carol shouting at them in the Spar 😂

In fact, its a wonder they didn't have the party in the Station seeing as they hate each other soo much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Seen the preview, is Dean going to have some kind of Dickensian 'Ghost of Christmas past' scenario in the back of the van?

... and because they had to get rid of Fergal are they now frantically trying to find an actual girl to match the photos of VanGirl?

My bet is that VanGirl turns out to be Georgie. He jumps on Dean in the Shelter kitchen....with the savage line

"I was GAY all along, totally fooled ye, didn't I?"

Finding an actual girl to play vangyrl2022 would be the lamest story line ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Dolores’s other daughter was called Lorraine,

Why is melanie dressed like a puritan witchfinder general from Salem?

• Advertisement

FC wardrobe department are obviously accepting costume donations from period dramas 🤣

Did Melanie lug all the hamper contents into the hungry pig and start making the hampers there?

Also has she developed some form of tourettes syndrome where she involuntarily runs her mouth off at everyone?

How was Renee able to hear Melanie all the way at the front of the centre? Melanie and Claire were at the magic table everyone goes to for a private conversation so it should have been impossible for anyone to overhear them.

Melanie to Hughie "Are you following me?" No Melanie it's the community centre. Ye all hang out there for plot reasons.

Wish the scene with Carol in Hayleys apartment had been longer. Carol is brilliant when she's dishing out the insults.

Sean and Georgie might make a good couple but Georgie will have to improve his potatoe peeling skills if he wants to impress Sean. The horror on Sean's face when he saw the mangled spud 🤣

Guessing Melanie will either ask for or steal the money from Hughie to cover what she lost belong to Joan.

Looks like we won't be getting any Gwen this Christmas. Just as well with Georgie let of the shed this week. I wonder how much money went into the Gwen-swear jar in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭bassy

Victor makes me think I'm watching that puke EastEnders and I would rather watch FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

If Jess is 2 days overdue how the hell are they organizing a Xmas bash. The bump looks so undefined.

why is there an ancient baby bottle steraliser on the kitchen counter in Pete’s; Nono is 16 months old, nobody uses the past 10/12 months.

does Pete never get the dressing changed on his wrist- daft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I wonder did the actor who plays Melanie take the FC producers to court to get more scenes. After being in the holding shed for a few months, she was in practically ever scene the other night.... and totally wierd in them all (possibly the producers revenge).

And yes the accidental meet-ups in the Community center foyer are comical. I get that FC isn't meant to be real-time, and a day or something has passed, but still nobody just walks into a community center without some purpose !!

The "magic" table is now Melanie's office, apparently.

and I see Kira's ridiculous pop-up charity cloths shop thing has been fcuked out to the holding shed without a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,510 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I've said before that if you were going to a community centre, you might go there once or twice a week at most at a set time for a class or a course or a meeting or something. Seemingly, every single character in FC has a reason to be there all of the time.

Advertisement