Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

Dean caught him trying to burn down the gym, chased him off and then Dean and Dearbhala sat Fergal down between them on a bench and spoke to him like a child. Basically told him to stay away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Of course it was always going to be Fergal who is VanGirl 'Vicky' especially when the pervert stuff came into it ... so he is living back home with the mother ... and with time on his hands ... that is why he has so much time 'chatting up Dean' because he has nothing else to do ... I suspect though this VanGirl plan is only the beginning of Fergal's nastiness ... he is potentially going to be the nastiest character in FC since Will ... I'm sure Dervla and ultimately Gar are next on his list to destroy? ...

As regards Dean and money ... I don't see why some say he has none ... he runs a business where he cooks food so food looked after ... he has no mortgage or rent ... and he spends damn all on anything else because the only thing he does is talk to VanGirl 'Vicky' aka Fergal Boyle ... plus Dean will have loans and overdrafts ... Fergal clearly is the one with no money or prospects ... he is nasty but he also is desperate after messing up opportunities like the gym job ...

Fergal will humiliate Dean but extort money out of him too I'd say ... how Dean is so gullible I don't know ... shouldn't he have noticed the change in tone of 'Vicky's' friendship from normal to pervy?? .. it is like 'she' changed 100% overnight ?? .. I know if some new found friend of mine changed like that I'd get suspicious ....

Nice to see Mammy Boyle returning. Pity Gar and Joan are in the shed at the moment. Hopefully she ruffles a few feathers while she's around though.

Is Leo's daughter coming back or are they going to run this entire engaged to a wrongun storyline offscreen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

If Dean is on a diet of his own food for a few weeks, he’ll be ****:;g like a Cornels horse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

Dean has seen more of van girl Vicky than he has of his sister in the last 10 years 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Didn't think they'd have Fergal back because he's a bit unpc. The mother is a right weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

Baby Taylor will be on solids by next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

I think they changed the Fergal story from what they originally had planned for him. RTE seen the publicity certain types were drumming up online around the story and got worried and Fergal suddenly disappeared. I'm glad to see him back but I doubt we will see him airing his views on race, gender, sexuality etc like we did last time. Way too much of a risky topic for RTE given the trouble in Dublin before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Taylor will be the new barman in the Station at this rate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Correct. I think revelations this year have shown RTE are a busted flush integrity wise and are nothing more than a mouthpiece for Government policy.

"truth matters" me Áras .

Fergals little bed 😂

Fergal delivering a Marlon brando in apocalypse now performance with minimum screentime delivering maximum impact.

Or vicky arranges to meet Dean under clearys clock being all old timey romantic when in reality in 2023/4 it's talbot street, where instead of having sex in an old van he is greeted by the cast of 90s classic romper stomper, then it cuts to credits , next episode Dean in a coma , will he pull through? Luckily nurse braveheart is on hand to look after him, OR IS SHE? Then a nurse patient storyline similar to misery should take us nicely up to Easter

• Registered Users Posts: 86,159 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Fergal on his phone to Dean as Van Girl outside Spar in his car

Dean seems besotted with Van Girl from a few messages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

If carol is still looking for Zak, she should pop into the gaiety

This Dean/fergal thing reminds me of the episode of black mirror where the two best friends were gay in a video game and the awkwardness after the game . Dean will have an awkward time dealing with the fact that his "the one" is in fact fergal

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Possibly ... but mainly from home ... wherever that is? I think the midlands? ... Dean is 100% besotted with so-called Van Girl Vicky ... and the sad thing is this happens in real life ... and dating back to the CB radio craze and all ...

Since they brought the mother back too the story will feature her ... I can see there is something drastically wrong in the Boyle house ... we know from Gar ... we see the poor relations between Fergal and mother ... Fergal is a product of his environment ... A bit like James and Con Rafferty maybe this relationship here between mother and Fergal?? ... but James has good points ... this Fergal is pure evil so far .... 100% the sort of guy who would be in the Gilead govt in The Handmaid's Tale ... but worse as even some of them have good points ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭John arse

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Lecter8319

You'd feel a bit sorry for Fergal with a mother like that. Its fairly lazy writing the lot of it in fairness. They should spice up a bit where Fergal and Dean get it together after finding out about Van Girls true identity😂

• Advertisement

Haha I suppose Dean could turn the tables on Fergal and say it doesn't matter what's on the outside, Fergal has VanGirls inner beauty. Then there'd be a game of chicken to see which one of them backs off first when they both keep the bit going

• Registered Users Posts: 86,159 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Best Wishes for 2024 my fellow FC watchers

We groan and moan about it but still watch and have our awesome thread here to rant, b!tch and praise it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

"Best thing that will ever happen" says Greg, yeah with someone who lied about him being the father and rearing another guys kid is definitely the best thing that could ever happen.

That Spar seems to employ an awful lot of people for a small little corner shop.

Advertisement