Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,159 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I might have beer goggles on but James and Steo look good, I think Steo and Greg both could do better than Jess, Steo and Babs have a spark of chemistry at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

When Steo and Bsbs are arguing over the baby they look like the parents of the child. They look like a newly separated couple fighting over access to children.

Babs is an awful woman. She has no right to try to keep the father away from his baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,335 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Has the gym been turned in to a sauna room for Bakhurst, it hasn't been in a scene for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

I did think the next twist will be Babs cheating with Steo

I thought Gar's Boyle family lived outside Dublin, did he get his fake Joan inheritance from some relative in Meath

• Advertisement

Now Ruby is a chess prodigy FFS RTE

I think Fergal should have been Shannon's new fella, brought her back and Fergal's sister been Vicky aka Van Girl with the same views as Fergal

I think Fergal being raised outside Dublin was a lie Derbhala caught him out on? I think he slipped up between saying it was Wexford first and then changed it to Waterford in the next telling and that's when she twigged something was off.

The fake relative that was actually Joan's money was supposedly from the adoptive father's side of the family so the adoptive mother shouldn't have known too much detail about her but she still knew enough to know that none of the Boyles had any sort of fortune.

These pods are driving me mad. Its Ana and Leo now in Dean's pod. It's weird, it's like they decide someone will be the "main" character and then draft in a couple of people from the shed to be supportin players in their big storyline but swap them out every week or two.

Mairead and Juliet were obsessed with Vangirl at one stage and now they're nowhere to be seen despite her supposedly imminent arrival. Georgie was another one mad to get a peek at her and Dean in the van but he's vanished just as quickly as he appeared in the storyline. And Sean was stick his nose in as well but now has randomly become obsessed with cleaning up after his niece and her friend are finished their supper

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

Did Anna say Georgie and Gwen are back together..please no..I hope I misheard 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Where's the story going with Cass and Ruby and Ruth and the mess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,510 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

You heard correctly - it seems they are living in the same gaff anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

James .. James .. James !! he looked such a pathetic sight this evening ... defo not a villain but a pathetic mess ... I can see Hayley even forgiving him ...

Fergal is another pathetic mess but is pure evil ... James is a saint compared to him ... and is obsessed with Dean ... I would predict Fergal is a guy who meets no one else and has no friends ... he lives with his mother who does not even like him ... and plays games all the time when he is not interacting with Dean as Vicky Van Girl ...

It is a good story .. and apt .. romance scams have existed since at least the CB radio craze of the late 70s early 80s ... but AI has turned it into something more convincing ... creeps like Fergal with grudges, time on their hands and nothing better to do exist ... Dean should know better but he doesn't ... he thinks he has found the answer to his dream relationship .... but in reality he has been sucked into Fergal's evil mind and his games ... what ever they turn out to be .... Anna suddenly seems a much better option ... not that she is free of faults ... she's not ... but she is real and Dean knows her ...

It is very clear Fergal has damn all in his own life ... at best playing computer games and at worst destroying others' lives is all he is good for ... his home life is not happy ... that is clear ... never heard about his father ... is he dead or just left? ... but he seems to have been an awkward drunk ... Fergal prob had a very messed up and sad childhood ...

RTE may drop the anti masker/anti vaxxer/racist/far right Fergal storyline ... apparently some real life Fergals were too fond of him as a hero ... but his mean carry on with Dean would be consistent with such a guy ... too much time on their hands, at war with the world, jealous ... reading too much 'Covid 19 does not exist it is made up' conspiracies means he will run out of material ... so he will get his kicks out of a romance scam ... everything about this character is sick and sadly realistic ... guy with no friends or no interests in anything worthwhile with certainly no job prospects = Fergal Boyle ..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know. Ruby will probably have a house party and it will be caused by Séan asking her for help with chess.

I did enjoy last night when Cass basically said Séán was a miserable old fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I initially wondered if Fergal was out to blackmail Dean for money but it now looks like he's just out for revenge (in what way, we don't know yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

We should call him "fan favourite , fergal" from now on and hope it sticks for the media 😂

Sorry, I meant it was Gar that was caught out. Gar was probably lying so it's not beyond belief that the Boyles could be Dublin based

Fergal should just keep being vangirl even if Dean is about to throttle him

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Lecter8319

Does Fergal have a bit of a following/support online or something? Is that why he practically disappeared for weeks. Hes actually one of the better actors in the soap

• Advertisement

Not really but the story did rattle a few far right cages early on , and someone with far right leanings set up a fergal twitter account

Ps

I don't use the term far right easily but these guys have political ambitions therefore making them far right by definition

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I sort of like him. Well he's interesting compared to the likes of Séan and Dean.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,335 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Good interview with the actor.

Did Dean dump Anna by the way? He gets rid of Anna and ends up with Fergal.....what a bummer 😀

Anna and Dean fell out over accommodation ... do not remember the exact ins and outs ... but Dean was the one who completely ended the relationship ... and lives in his van ... he almost immediately started chatting with Van Girl ...

Dean is very stubborn especially about living in the van ... Fergal knew this and Van Girl was created as Dean's only 'ally' regarding living in the van ... he then became obsessed even besotted ... with Fergal in disguise !! ..

There is no doubt Fergal is a good character ... he is horrible in every way and well played by the actor ... characters like Sean and Dean are boring up until now and Fergal finally gave Dean a purpose ... until now Dean was a chef with a love life jumping from one girlfriend to the next ... and nothing particularly interesting in those stories ...

Fergal is interesting ... comparable to Will, Morgan and Pete from before ... esp the latter 2 as they were far right types too ... Fergal has it in him to commit acts of violence like those 3 mentioned ... they might steer clear of any overt far right story instead focusing on a revenge on where is picks on Dean before moving onto others with Gar his ultimate target ...

Fergal in his first incarnation was very much anti-woman ... very much into anti masker and anti vaxxer Covid conspiracies ... and was realistically like those Irish Light pushers we see ... it is true that characters on TV series that the series do not intend to be heroes ... the Republic of Gilead leadership in The Handmaid's Tale is another fave of far right types ... become heroes for real life sympathisers who share the same views ...

Yes social media accounts get set up for many characters ... they often mimic the character but what is more difficult to know is if the guy behind the account is just acting out what the character would be like or if they actually share the same views ...

One question here ... we now know it is AI in FC ... but was the person playing Van Girl Vicky in FC an AI version of the Fergal actor or was it a real female actor ?? .. I saw a name was listed for 'her' during the pre-reveal episodes ...

The actor in the interview above said it was him and it looked like his sister which freaked him out

Imagine sitting down to tell your missus you plotted to kidnap her ma to get your hands on her money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

That weasel James is like a poor man's Max Branning....stalking around the apartment dressed in a suit

Advertisement