Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 The FairCity Pod

You are correct. In the early days there did used to be a summer break from July to September.

In general it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a summer break on a lot of shows. We could have a special where we follow the Fair City characters on their holidays abroad. Hughie and Bob on the Adriatic in speedos!:D:D

Regards,
    The Fair City Podcast
    bazermc wrote: »
    That reminds. Wasn’t there a time that FC wouldn’t be on the summer or am I imagining it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

So was Cristiano supposed to head to a monastery or something, can't be seen dating over a year later after being abused by Will? Ah go away

• Registered Users Posts: 86,132 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened to Will's male solicitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

We need to add Will to the role of being one of the thickest characters in FC. Beats a man and leaves him to die and he thinks he’s only going to get a suspended sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Solicitors meeting with Will in The Station twice in one day! Must be very costly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I think Will is a psychopath

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Complete denial must run in Will's family. Between him and the daughter!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,478 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Complete denial must run in Will's family. Between him and the daughter!

I wonder will they try and show the worst thing for Will in the end is the Phoebe might reject him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

branie2 wrote: »
    I think Will is a psychopath

Or a sociopath in any event. He seems to have convinced himself he didn't do anything wrong and that everyone is out to get him : he is almost the victim in his own head.

I hope they go deeper into Will's past, his family and other partners, I hope more males come forward that he beat

Is Phoebe testifying that her mam is lying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I think with Will is he thinks he’s so much better and more clever than everyone else that he can’t believe he’ll do time. Chris means nothing to him and he sees him as being weak and he can’t understand why everyone thinks what he did is so bad. He thinks his profession will save him too because how could someone in such a caring profession be so cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Phoebe is 100x more deluded than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,534 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

How exactly would Damien be talking to the prosecutor about the case when he isn't directly involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

pjohnson wrote: »
    Phoebe is 100x more deluded than him.

She never had a chance with those genes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Couple of observations from recent episodes; yes, Phoebe is being played & Will's a manipulative jerk....but Phoebe's supposed to be an adult; 18 as is on the U19s Irish Hockey team (do we actually have one or is that more poetic licence by FC SWs?) so.....by the way that leads me on to something else; FC Wardrobe.....dressing Phoebe like a 90s Teenager....Olwyn like well, a flipping hippy that she is, albeit in 00s/10s robes.....

Will.....so much of recent episodes has been about character assasination of witnesses & not Cristiano so much.

So many of the meetings in Community Centre......

Ellie/Elly; is her character supposed be about what, 14, maybe 15 now? Actress is, I think 17 so fair play to her but also to FC Wardrobe & Make-Up too; can be difficult to portray someone younger than you at times.

Wills solr.; Joe Taylor must be bulling; being bumped off like that; I thought he played that role brilliantly; didn't he represent other FC characters too?

Sooner the court case begins though the better; they're dragging the out of it as ever.....

No sign of Bronagh.....would've thought her involvement, as a charater witness, employee would've been important to the storyline.

As ever Bryan Murray (Bob) & Joe Hanley (Hughie) knock it out of the park; they're wasted on Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Couple of observations from recent episodes; yes, Phoebe is being played & Will's a manipulative jerk....but Phoebe's supposed to be an adult; 18 as is on the U19s Irish Hockey team (do we actually have one or is that more poetic licence by FC SWs?) so.....by the way that leads me on to something else; FC Wardrobe.....dressing Phoebe like a 90s Teenager....Olwyn like well, a flipping hippy that she is, albeit in 00s/10s robes.....

Will.....so much of recent episodes has been about character assasination of witnesses & not Cristiano so much.

So many of the meetings in Community Centre......

Ellie/Elly; is her character supposed be about what, 14, maybe 15 now? Actress is, I think 17 so fair play to her but also to FC Wardrobe & Make-Up too; can be difficult to portray someone younger than you at times.

Wills solr.; Joe Taylor must be bulling; being bumped off like that; I thought he played that role brilliantly; didn't he represent other FC characters too?

Sooner the court case begins though the better; they're dragging the out of it as ever.....

No sign of Bronagh.....would've thought her involvement, as a charater witness, employee would've been important to the storyline.

As ever Bryan Murray (Bob) & Joe Hanley (Hughie) knock it out of the park; they're wasted on Fair City.

That'll probably be all of next weeks episodes....then Dolly the next week

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭maurv2

Phoebe acting like a petulant little brat. After being picked for an international hockey team no less

Are there any photos of Critiano when he was beaten up?

How is a daughter allowed testify, she is of course bias and wasn't there, I hope she blows up on the stand and held in contempt, jailed and losing her scholarship

maurv2 wrote: »
    Phoebe acting like a petulant little brat. After being picked for an international hockey team no less

Cris was in hospital, I think Bronagh was his nurse so yes there would be records and photos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

maurv2 wrote: »

I hope she's thrown off the team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ladybrandy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How is a daughter allowed testify, she is of course bias and wasn't there, I hope she blows up on the stand and held in contempt, jailed and losing her scholarship

I agree
    She wasn't their
    I honestly think Mairead needs stop holding back and tell Phoebe the cold hard facts about her darling dad
    Phoebe is telling herself Will only lashed out cause Cris pushed him but Mairead did see Will try to strangle the poor man I wonder did she mention that to Phoebe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cris was in hospital, I think Bronagh was his nurse so yes there would be records and photos

Plus wouldn't Cris have other old brusies as didn't Will like his dig knuckles really hard into Cris's ribs like two weeks before the brutal attack

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Ladybrandy wrote: »
    I agree
    She wasn't their
    I honestly think Mairead needs stop holding back and tell Phoebe the cold hard facts about her darling dad
    Phoebe is telling herself Will only lashed out cause Cris pushed him but Mairead did see Will try to strangle the poor man I wonder did she mention that to Phoebe

Well said, why are they holding back :confused:.
    In real life the case will appear in the media so she will hear all the details anyway. Mairead needs to do a bit of snooping and find Will's previous partners to see if any of them have seen his nasty side. I cannot see how the script writers can let Will get away, it would send an awful message to all victims of domestic abuse

I love the idea of Phoebe trying to talk in court.

Shed be destroyed completely by any quarter competent barrister.

jos28 wrote: »
    Well said, why are they holding back :confused:.
    In real life the case will appear in the media so she will hear all the details anyway. Mairead needs to do a bit of snooping and find Will's previous partners to see if any of them have seen his nasty side. I cannot see how the script writers can let Will get away, it would send an awful message to all victims of domestic abuse

So true I doubt Cris wasn't the first man Will was seening behind Mairead's back during their marriage
    So Mairead really should get in contact with some of Will's old mates
    Plus Phoebe also has seen how sneaky and cunning Will can be like he got her to spy on Damien and Mairead for him and was quite nasty about Damien's previous mental health struggles calling him a nutter and plus he lied to her and Mairead for years so how can she not have a doubt that Will is lying to her

Phoebe is actually beyond parody at this point.

The IQ of a pigeon.

The IQ of a pigeon.

She doesn't seem to use her brain
    She seems to believe Will is this sweet man who has never hurt anyone like come he spent all of his marriage lying to Mairead and pretty much is a two timer as when started dating Cris when he pretty pretended to be a single man

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The IQ of a pigeon.

She is so annoying.

This is the start of how he’ll get off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Occasionally watcher...

Where is Paul Brennan?

Advertisement