Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Vinny; still tryna place her as one of the pair of gurriers who tormented Leo; think they nicked his phone among other misdemeanours; FC Make Up & Wardrobe team must be top-notch albeit that story line occurred maybe 2-3 years ago.

Actually did she & he have names on that occasion?

Pete with his fingers in many pies; Dolores could pull the wool from under his feet soon enough & unless that house is in his name Orla & him could be in same boat.

Sheila; the Sunday Solicitor; as per previous comments consultations in Community Centre or Vinos etc. seem common place.

Who'll be the king-maker in the Dolores/Orla/Wayne situation? Pete? Paul?

Like that storyline but "Lenny" legging it with nothing actually paid; "What cars?" eh Orla?

Was it leo or was it eoin that they tormented, I thought it was eoin, but could be mistaken. Has eoin been seen since last summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Vinny; still tryna place her as one of the pair of gurriers who tormented Leo; think they nicked his phone among other misdemeanours; FC Make Up & Wardrobe team must be top-notch albeit that story line occurred maybe 2-3 years ago.

Actually did she & he have names on that occasion?

Pete with his fingers in many pies; Dolores could pull the wool from under his feet soon enough & unless that house is in his name Orla & him could be in same boat.

Sheila; the Sunday Solicitor; as per previous comments consultations in Community Centre or Vinos etc. seem common place.

Who'll be the king-maker in the Dolores/Orla/Wayne situation? Pete? Paul?

Like that storyline but "Lenny" legging it with nothing actually paid; "What cars?" eh Orla?
    Named as Killo and Vinny in articles at the time. They were back after this when Killo was working in the Station, Carol's priest friend got him the job I think. He overdosed but I think the storyline was lost in the lockdown.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0521/1050767-accusations-fly-on-wednesdays-fair-city/

https://images.app.goo.gl/Zji7Vniw6zDvZhHr7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Was Vinny the girl that Cass took on to help with the men’s and she’a started a fire or something and robbed a hanging basket and blamed it on Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

bazermc wrote: »
    Was Vinny the girl that Cass took on to help with the men’s and she’a started a fire or something and robbed a hanging basket and blamed it on Tommy.

I think so. I'm fairly sure she's the one who stole Eoghans phone also.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was she a red head friend of Rachel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

No. That was Amanda. She used to bully Rachel but then when Cass took her under his wing she got a bit nicer but then she and the storyline disappeared

No. That was Amanda. She used to bully Rachel but then when Cass took her under his wing she got a bit nicer but then she and the storyline disappeared

Did we think on here Tommy could have been her da?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did we think on here Tommy could have been her da?

Nah..she's too tall..............:P

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

If anyone is interested, we have just launched our fair city podcast.

Hoping to do a weekly show with a sideways look at the events on the show. On Spotify here

https://open.spotify.com/show/25oZ3LiHChbfTk0W0FwrAf?si=ES91ptzATNGgr6Zm4ZLTnQ&utm_source=copy-link

On Acast Here.

https://shows.acast.com/the-fair-city-podcast/episodes/waynes-world

This is our first ever go at a podcast so all feedback welcome. And any questions for us to discuss, please send to thefaircitypod@gmail.com

Thanks.

Hoping to do a weekly show with a sideways look at the events on the show. On Spotify here

https://open.spotify.com/show/25oZ3LiHChbfTk0W0FwrAf?si=ES91ptzATNGgr6Zm4ZLTnQ&utm_source=copy-link

On Acast Here.

This is our first ever go at a podcast so all feedback welcome. And any questions for us to discuss, please send to thefaircitypod@gmail.com

Thanks.

Enjoyed that

• Advertisement

These times are for UTV/ITV.
    161706962_10161462134848849_7834917513973123138_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=xMNkfDsJcj8AX8ZRUJe&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=ab4f87ef14c542eb4e7ffc655fab067e&oe=6077C042

Think you’ve the wrong thread there horsebox.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Think it suits Damien and Mairead to be getting married on April 1, they both sound like morons going on about this bloody wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Poor Junior!

They should do something realistic for once and make Damien not get found out.

God lord what the heck is Bosco wearing

Thanks Bazermc.

We enjoyed making it. Hope to improve it over time. A great episode tonight!
    Enjoyed that

happyday wrote: »
    Poor Junior!

Orla outing everything :eek: thanks to Dolly's interference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭thesultan

Orla is great tonight since Dolores turned into super bitch.
    Sean is gulable to Vinny. Grow a pair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭political analyst

Lenny Drake - the bearded guy who Paul was talking to at the café - is an old character. The actor who played him in the most recent episode, Thomas Leggett, bears no resemblance to the original actor, Lenny Hayden.

Paul mentioned Robin, who Lenny was engaged to in Lenny's first stint on the show. Robin broke up with him and then married Jimmy, with whom she also broke up.

Then, Lenny re-appeared and Robin went on a business venture with him - around the time when Doug was working for her as an apprentice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭threetrees

For the first time in a long time I shouted at the telley during Fair City. Orla! Stop! Poor Junior.

• Advertisement

threetrees wrote: »
    For the first time in a long time I shouted at the telley during Fair City. Orla! Stop! Poor Junior.

For the first time in a long time I shouted at the telley during Fair City. Orla!Well done! Poor Pete......:p

That Laura one is so moany lately, goin on about being happy to be single..:rolleyes:
    Why are Bob and Renee being so supportive of Orla..???

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

On Acast Here.

Thanks.

Any plans for other platforms?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭Wearing of The Green

On Acast Here.

Thanks.

Just listening..

Never knew Ronan O'Gara was such a fan of the show!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭Wearing of The Green

Girl on podcast all wrong on the dates.

1993 homosexuality decriminalised, not 1991.

1996, almost gay kiss on Fair City. Eoghan and Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Are the FC tone deaf?

Mairead on the phone throwing a strop cause their venue is gone as "it's gone belly up"

She says to Damien "how many weddings get cancelled"

Where the hell have they been for the last 12+ months? I'll be honest it's such a an annoying thing to hear with all the businesses gone bankrupt due to being closed over covid

Absolutely out of touch

Are the FC tone deaf?

Mairead on the phone throwing a strop cause their venue is gone as "it's gone belly up"

She says to Damien "how many weddings get cancelled"

Where the hell have they been for the last 12+ months? I'll be honest it's such a an annoying thing to hear with all the businesses gone bankrupt due to being closed over covid

Absolutely out of touch

Sure the pub and charity shop are open....they cant please everyone....is it back to 4 episodes next week..??

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Sure the pub and charity shop are open....they cant please everyone....is it back to 4 episodes next week..??

I'm referring to the fact a business goes belly up and Mairead throws a strop about it's ruining her wedding, not to mention a comment about how many weddings get cancelled, without any hint of how stupid it is with everything going on the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Lenny Drake - the bearded guy who Paul was talking to at the café - is an old character. The actor who played him in the most recent episode, Thomas Leggett, bears no resemblance to the original actor, Lenny Hayden.

Paul mentioned Robin, who Lenny was engaged to in Lenny's first stint on the show. Robin broke up with him and then married Jimmy, with whom she also broke up.

Then, Lenny re-appeared and Robin went on a business venture with him - around the time when Doug was working for her as an apprentice.

Fair play; that's some in-depth recall; I never remember that character or storyline.

Hi Niall,

Yeah we have just gone through the approval process for a few others.

Tunein is now live:http://tun.in/pkfFM

Podcast Addict: https://podcastaddict.com/podcast/3280975

And waiting for the Stitcher to go live.

Thanks,
    Niall_76 wrote: »
    Any plans for other platforms?

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.

Hope you enjoyed the podcast. I'll pass on the Ronan O'Gara comment. :):)
    We might have to get some Boards.ie guests on!

We hope to improve as we get used to podcasting. Thanks for listening.

Kind Regards.

Girl on podcast all wrong on the dates.

1993 homosexuality decriminalised, not 1991.

1996, almost gay kiss on Fair City. Eoghan and Liam.

Advertisement