Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight cancellation/refund

Options
  • 15-02-2021 10:49am

We organised (back in Dec 2019) our honeymoon for June/July 2020 which consisted of flights out, all inclusive hotel stay and flights home. All were booked separately and all were cancelled. Thankfully, after months of calls, emails and letters we got refunded for the hotel stay, which was the biggest chunk of change. However we still haven't gotten anything back from flights (Kiwi.com and Gotogate)

To be fair to them, they give monthly updates on the refund, but it always says "processing." It took a fair battle to start the refund process after months of being told we were getting vouchers or nothing.

Should I start going through charge-backs on the credit card, sending letters etc. to try and get it back or leave it a few more months? Has anyone had any luck in getting refunds form kiwi.com or Gotogate?

Mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It's too late for chargeback as far as I know, it has to be within 120 days of cancelled service. What's the story with your travel insurance?

Caranica wrote: »
    It's too late for chargeback as far as I know, it has to be within 120 days of cancelled service. What's the story with your travel insurance?

Thanks. I didn't realise that about the chargeback. We took out travel insurance in 2019 which should cover it. I attempted to go through them (AA-Travel) for the hotel refund. Sent multiple copies of loads of documents to them and never heard from them again. The chargeback kicked in so I didn't chase it anymore. I could attempt the insurance again I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

The bad news is Kiwi.com is one of the shonkiest ota's out there. Good luck with your claims though.

Advertisement