Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Application Rejection

Options
  • 15-02-2021 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I recently applied for my first credit card (I am in my early 20s and have been a Bank of Ireland customer for 8 years) 
    The application was rejected. The letter I received outlines that a card cannot be offered based on the credit scoring process but outlines any further details are confidential. I have sufficient funds/savings. 
    I have never gone into arrears, never had debt and have paid off two small student loans on time. My yearly income is low and has been interrupted several times due to COVID so I'm wondering has this played a part in the rejection. I'm concerned about how this might affect my credit scoring and the ability to take out loans or apply for a credit card in the future. I am dedicated to build up a good credit rating for the future in Ireland. Is there a way to appeal this rejection if I, say, had a guarantor? Would a loan application be subject to the same rejecton?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

mary879 wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently applied for my first credit card (I am in my early 20s and have been a Bank of Ireland customer for 8 years) 
    The application was rejected. The letter I received outlines that a card cannot be offered based on the credit scoring process but outlines any further details are confidential. I have sufficient funds/savings. 
    I have never gone into arrears, never had debt and have paid off two small student loans on time. My yearly income is low and has been interrupted several times due to COVID so I'm wondering has this played a part in the rejection. I'm concerned about how this might affect my credit scoring and the ability to take out loans or apply for a credit card in the future. I am dedicated to build up a good credit rating for the future in Ireland. Is there a way to appeal this rejection if I, say, had a guarantor? Would a loan application be subject to the same rejecton?

Many thanks.
    Hi mary879,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards this morning. We are very sorry to hear that your application has not been successful. Please be advised that all applications are assessed on a case by case basis with a number of factors taken into consideration.

If you would like to discuss the application and how best to improve for future lending we would recommend that you contact our lending team directly on 0818 200 420 and our colleagues here will be more than happy to discuss this further.

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well during this time. 

Thanks Jen

Advertisement