Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Base for paving

• 15-02-2021 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking to get some slabs re-set beside the house. They were fairly badly laid on sand and are now in need of restoration.

The one person I have spoken to who I am given to understand is reliable and the 'go to' person round here (I am rural, new to the area, and don't see a lot of choice) wants to put down a concrete slab and put the paving on top of it.

I don't mind the look of the weathered concrete slabs, and I don't really want shiny new paving, apart from the cost, it would look out of place with the surrounding old stone walls and wild hedgerow. However it seems a bit pointless putting concrete slabs on top of concrete. Though I am not very keen on an area of plain concrete either.

More to the point, is concrete the way to go for laying slabs in this situation? A slope for drainage isn't a problem and there is plenty of gravel area for water to drain to, the site is very free draining also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I think a proper base of compcted 804, leveleved with binding sand and then pavers on top of that is the standard solution?

Pouring a concrete slab and then putting pavers on top of that seems like overkill to me

Advertisement