Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eurocylinder Locks UK

• 15-02-2021 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Appreciate any advice.

I previously bought a high spec diamond rather avocet eurocylinder lock for the front door a few years back in the Uk. Good price, very happy with it.

Got new front doors and back door so need new eurocylinder lock (different size). But Brexit has me a little confused. I want to buy in the uk for two reasons
    - was cheaper before Brexit but need to do some more research
    - I have this silly idea that since it’s made over there then there’s little change of being burgled by some employee who’s copied the key. I do realise this sounds a little mad. But is there any issue like this - however tenuous - with buying from Irish locksmith?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Cerco

Since your key reference number is kept in a database by Avocet there might be a chance of somebody hacking it from anywhere. If you go and buy locks over the counter then you could install them anywhere. (Make sure you are not followed ��)
    Seriously though IMHO you are over thinking security risk. Locks are one line of protection but a good alarm system is a strong deterrent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭karlitob

Cerco wrote: »
    Since your key reference number is kept in a database by Avocet there might be a chance of somebody hacking it from anywhere. If you go and buy locks over the counter then you could install them anywhere. (Make sure you are not followed ��)
    Seriously though IMHO you are over thinking security risk. Locks are one line of protection but a good alarm system is a strong deterrent.

Thanks. Silly I know.

I think someone said that you don’t need good locks as such, you just need better locks than your neighbour.

Advertisement