Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo switch, best war/history/strategy/team game

Options
  • 15-02-2021 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

If such a thing exists.
    Would be for an adult and 12 year old.
    Ideally we play at same time on same screen, splitscreen or whatever.
    Ideally we're playing for the same cause, on the same mission.
    Ideally we've to achieve some goal while not getting killed...

Maybe theres an obvious answer here, if so, deadly, I'll buy it..

If not, are there any games that hit some of these?
    The likes of Fortnite battle royale would do, if we could be playing on the same screen at the same time, which I don't think we can.
    So thinking more along the lines of an army or soldier game.

All help appreciated....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Mario and Rabbids kingdom battle is a a very good team turn based strategy game.
    It's a bit like Ubisoft are trying too hard in places and the hub world part is unnecessary.
    But the main battles in the game are really well done and a lot of fun.
    I've only played it one player but I think it supports various flavours of multi-player.
    Have a look at some video reviews on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Have a look at Civ 6. It's turn based but not sure about the multiplayer side of things with regard to playing together

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Aidan Harney

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Have a look at Civ 6. It's turn based but not sure about the multiplayer side of things with regard to playing together

We've played that a good bit in an older xbox 360 life! It's good alright.
    I'm hoping maybe of a more action based, running around together trying to kill things type of a mission rather than rule the world mission.. Thanks for the response in any case..
    I'll get there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If such a thing exists.
    Would be for an adult and 12 year old.
    Ideally we play at same time on same screen, splitscreen or whatever.
    Ideally we're playing for the same cause, on the same mission.
    Ideally we've to achieve some goal while not getting killed...

Maybe theres an obvious answer here, if so, deadly, I'll buy it..

If not, are there any games that hit some of these?
    The likes of Fortnite battle royale would do, if we could be playing on the same screen at the same time, which I don't think we can.
    So thinking more along the lines of an army or soldier game.

All help appreciated....

Would the LEGO games be any good for you? Support splitscreen and there's Avengers, Marvel, Jurassic World, The Incredibles, Harry Potter, and DC Villains flavours out, with a new Star Wars one due later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

YouTube is the first place I'd look for answers to a question like this (plus you can see the game in action).
    Loads of "Best co-op games" videos out there.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=best+switch+co+op+games&sp=CAASAhAB

• Advertisement
Advertisement