Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recommendation Thread - Anyone for seconds?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone Else here not a fan of the cocktails from cask? Just the taste of alcohol is too strong , like drinking neat spirits.

I think their food is nice but I’m not ordering cocktails there again.

I didn’t realise they were doing takeaway cocktails!

Interesting, the atmosphere there was half the draw. Are they bottled or in coffee cups?

They are a contemporary style of cocktail in there alright, not the sweet type. More bitter / complex creations. Loads of awards. I really like them, but definitely understand it wouldn’t be everyone’s taste. I think as you get older your tastebuds change and those bitter flavours appeal more. That’s what happened me anyway! :D

Electric do a bottled range of sweeter ones, if you’re looking…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

notAMember wrote: »

Interesting, the atmosphere there was half the draw. Are they bottled or in coffee cups?

They are a contemporary style of cocktail in there alright, not the sweet type. More bitter / complex creations. Loads of awards. I really like them, but definitely understand it wouldn’t be everyone’s taste. I think as you get older your tastebuds change and those bitter flavours appeal more. That’s what happened me anyway! :D

Sober Lane also do em in funky jars.. dunno what they taste like though - all spirits taste like paint stripper to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

They are bottle , in sizes of 350 ml or 700 ml I think . Anyway they are not to my taste , I just had to add a load of baileys to the latest one I got lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Had West Cork Burger, my first time in a good while ordering from them. Burger was nice but its ridiculousy expensive for what you get. I had it gone in 4 or 5 bites.

Chips were fine, small enough portion and wasn't gone on the rosemary seasoning. I'd rather season chips myself

siblers wrote: »
    Had West Cork Burger, my first time in a good while ordering from them. Burger was nice but its ridiculousy expensive for what you get. I had it gone in 4 or 5 bites.

Chips were fine, small enough portion and wasn't gone on the rosemary seasoning. I'd rather season chips myself

Try Eat Street. I couldn't finish their burger, way too big. Might suit you better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ordered liberty grill for brunch this morning for delivery! Was such a nice treat. Had to be reheated of course but was gorge!

Try Eat Street. I couldn't finish their burger, way too big. Might suit you better.

I've had Eat Street a few times, it's nice but wouldn't find it any more filing than West Cork Burger

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Does anyone know if Sonny's Deli sell hot (ready to eat) food, or is it all to heat at home?
    Looking for somewhere to collect food this Tuesday and eat in a park.

TIA!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Sonny's Deli sell hot (ready to eat) food, or is it all to heat at home?
    Looking for somewhere to collect food this Tuesday and eat in a park.

TIA!

Their Korean pancakes are hot / ready to eat.

Most of what they sell are sandwiches, which are always ready to eat!

Their Korean pancakes are hot / ready to eat.

Most of what they sell are sandwiches, which are always ready to eat!

they have a hot dish everyday.. but i think you have to reheat it.. not sure.. menu's are on instagram if you wanna check it out

• Advertisement

I've had Eat Street a few times, it's nice but wouldn't find it any more filing than West Cork Burger

Jesus mary and joseph, those things are around 1500 kcal each, that's more than I eat in a whole day typically. You must be 7 ft tall with hollow legs!

Alrightly, challenge to fill siblers appetite accepted!

Their standard burger is a double quarter pounder with cheese, that is 8oz of meat, plus bread etc. There is an option for a triple burger too.

Get the triple with cheese.
    Add chips and their snickers shake (made with peanut butter, mega filling) and you're at about 4000 kcal for the meal.

You'll surely feel full after that! :D

Jesus mary and joseph, those things are around 1500 kcal each, that's more than I eat in a whole day typically. You must be 7 ft tall with hollow legs!

Alrightly, challenge to fill siblers appetite accepted!

Their standard burger is a double quarter pounder with cheese, that is 8oz of meat, plus bread etc. There is an option for a triple burger too.

Get the triple with cheese.
    Add chips and their snickers shake (made with peanut butter, mega filling) and you're at about 4000 kcal for the meal.

You'll surely feel full after that! :D
    Ha!

Are your sure there's that many calories in their normal burger? Seems very high for just a burger

I had the triple with chips, to be fair it was filling but Id say I had the burger ate in a couple of minutes (I eat far too fast) and ate all the chips too

I didn't realise they did shakes, I'll try one next time!

When I had the burger at The Elm Tree i was absolutely stuffed by the burger and couldn't even look at the chips, I'll be going there soon

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Mollydog123

Thali Nepalese while on a visit. One of the best meals I ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Honestly I've had it at least ten times through lockdown and it's been one of the best I've had every time. I'm looking forward to eating in there. The mix of the spices and combinations are just done so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mine and my wifes favourite, its just outstanding. I used to regularly bring friends who haven't been and they all reckon its the best curry place around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

If anyone wants to take pity on a very nice girl who's had quite a shiit month and give her their reservation for 3 on the 13th june for quite literally anywhere. She would appreciate it greatly. :pac: :(

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    If anyone wants to take pity on a very nice girl who's had quite a shiit month and give her their reservation for 3 on the 13th june for quite literally anywhere. She would appreciate it greatly. :pac: :(

well.. what about Four Liars Restaurant in Shandon? Its middle Eastern fayre.. if you like chargrilled meats, hummus, flatbread etc you will like it.. no booze served but you can bring your own.. we have table booked for mid June.. can't friggin wait.. (drooling as I type :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

.. no booze served but you can bring your own..

Oh, interesting! How does this work? Do you pay a corkage fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant in Midelton

Will be booking for the 19th of June

Thanks

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Oh, interesting! How does this work? Do you pay a corkage fee?

nope - no charge - gee i can't wait..

Thanks

Sage is fantastic..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Thanks

Sage is lovely.

Sage is lovely.

I have farmgate booked for the 19th. Is that any good?

Had lunch there once and don't rem the food but i rem the staff not being v polite/helpful..

I would love to live closer to Sage so I could eat there more often.. food is divine.. and all their ingredients are from within a 12km radius :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Haven't been in some years but it was always good.

That Sage menu looks unreal

That Sage menu looks unreal

Sage has always been very good.

Farmgate just called me to cancel, they can't do outdoor dining.

Try sage.
    Ferrit and Lee is pretty good, too but I'd pick Sage over it.

Shame - but good opportunity to go to Sage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭RINO87

Four Liars BYOB....

We love the food from there, and can't wait until we are able to sit in there, never got the chance when they opened. I was just wondering do the advertise the BYOB thing? Do they just not have a license for beer and wine, or do they not serve it because its against their beliefs etc...

If it was the latter, I wouldnt be comfortable rocking up with a few beers or a bottle of wine if it was something that they were against on religious grounds or whatever.... but if its just a license issue then a big bag of cans it is!

Advertisement