Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recommendation Thread - Anyone for seconds?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

fiload wrote: »
    Went there last Friday
    There's a lot of wooden benches/tables outside now. Had no problem finding one that was available, although that's always dependent on the crowd/weather. Enjoyed it loads myself!

might check it out sometime... could get take away and go down to the marina..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I guess Kennedy Park is only a few minutes walk from there too.
    I must check it out!

Poulet Vous sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Just had beef short rib from Gallo and Galetti in Wilton. Meat falling off the bone, super tasty, massive portion of rosemary potatoes with it, perfect comfort food. Got a partially cooked pizza for tomorrow, will be digging into the leftover potatoes too I think!

Samhain wrote: »
    Just had beef short rib from Gallo and Galetti in Wilton. Meat falling off the bone, super tasty, massive portion of rosemary potatoes with it, perfect comfort food. Got a partially cooked pizza for tomorrow, will be digging into the leftover potatoes too I think!

thats a great idea - does anywer else in the city do this? (wilton is a bit of a distance from me)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

sporina wrote: »
    thats a great idea - does anywer else in the city do this? (wilton is a bit of a distance from me)

Oak fire pizza!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

Enthusiastic review here

Sonrisa wrote: »
    Enthusiastic review here

huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Navy blue wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest somewhere for lunch on Monday that allows pre booking? I'm aware I've left it a bit late! I know some places with outdoor dining only allow walk ups. Around McCurtain St, OP Street would be ideal. Thanks in advance!

Quick search on opentable.com shows Burnt, Sliced & Coqbull have tables available to book. I know they're not the area you're looking at but try calling a few places on mccurtain Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

I think most places will do the partially cooked pizza if you ask, only saw it as a menu option in Pompeii though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Is it only Fridays the marina market is open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

No it’s open 7 days as far as I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

A picture is worth a 1000 words :)

555134.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I think he's probably had a lot of success initially as like myself there were/are plenty out to try the new thing but a business like that will soon depend on repeat customers and I was distinctly underwhelmed and won't be returning. The quality just wasn't there for the price point; they need to fix one or the other but don't be complaining in 3 months when their crowd has deserted them if they don't...

That's pretty much it, you give people value or something outstanding. There is too much choice and great food out there it to think you can rip people off with sub standard food.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Anyone booked for anywhere, I have the Silver Key just as it's my local, Clancy's rooftop and Docklands booked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Pigalle and glass curtain booked for July! I cannot wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

opus wrote: »
    A picture is worth a 1000 words :)

Ok that's good to know. Is there a "best" day to go? For example I doubt every stall would be open of a Monday would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Ok that's good to know. Is there a "best" day to go? For example I doubt every stall would be open of a Monday would it?

Saturday or Sunday is when everything is in full flight, some stalls are open daily whereas alot only do Thurs to sun

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Who's behind Kings on Princes St.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Monty.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

ofcork wrote: »
    Monty.

Thanks. Thought so. Avoid.

• Advertisement

Mardyke wrote: »
    Thanks. Thought so. Avoid.

Oh lol!

The pancake place?

Yeah, there is a bit of a cartel system in Cork alright, especially when it comes to pubs.

Our restaurant and coffee scene is fairly OK though, largely independent, compared to UK where it is full of chains, pret a manger etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

Wandered around the marina market today. They are putting the effort in to keep it clean and fair play to them for using that building, but just the smell of grease everywhere was not good, or the smells of the waste water treatment plant we cycled past on the way over on the same road.

I was there a few weeks ago and it seemed to have more art stalls , garden plants, and places with ingredients. Today it was street food really, and a heck of a lot of it was deep fried.

I am 100% over disposable single use food containers as well. I know there is no alternative with that style of place, and it’s partly an outcome of covid too. Washable crockery in actual restaurants will be a nice change.

notAMember wrote: »
    Wandered around the marina market today. They are putting the effort in to keep it clean and fair play to them for using that building, but just the smell of grease everywhere was not good, or the smells of the waste water treatment plant we cycled past on the way over on the same road.

I was there a few weeks ago and it seemed to have more art stalls , garden plants, and places with ingredients. Today it was street food really, and a heck of a lot of it was deep fried.

I am 100% over disposable single use food containers as well. I know there is no alternative with that style of place, and it’s partly an outcome of covid too. Washable crockery in actual restaurants will be a nice change.

Could they not serve on plates, and put, say a €1 deposit on it, for people to hand the plate back?

I've booked Sophies, Oliver Plunkett and Tequilla Jacks. Looking forward to checking out Sophies for the first time although I'm not expecting too much from the food, don't know why!

Kerry25x wrote: »
    I've booked Sophies, Oliver Plunkett and Tequilla Jacks. Looking forward to checking out Sophies for the first time although I'm not expecting too much from the food, don't know why!

Sophie's is the rooftop one on the new big hotel by the train station?

I would love for you to report back, take some photos of the food please!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Sophie's is the rooftop one on the new big hotel by the train station?

I would love for you to report back, take some photos of the food please!

Yep, no bothers! I've booked for the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Kerry25x wrote: »

Just go easy on the swing, won't you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I havent been but think its expensive looking at the menu but would go for the rooftop experience on a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Spideoige

I have booked in for Goldie's next weekend. I am curious how the outdoor seating will work but looking forward to trying their menu out.

Advertisement