Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recommendation Thread - Anyone for seconds?

1676869707173»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭notAMember

I generally agree, but themes can be successful and fun if they are done well. Google "Modern Toilet" in Taiwan. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I think the DM theme works for the cafe, but I don't think it'll transfer well to a food offering.

And they've upped the theme a lot rather than just trying it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm not really a fan, but to be fair to Depeche Mode, they have 15.2 million monthly listeners on Spotify and their most streamed song has been streamed over 692 million times! And they are still releasing music. Not quite the forgotten has-beens that you are portraying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

not sure if it’s been mentioned in here but relatively new South Indian restaurant has opened on Washington St and am reliably informed by a South Indian that it’s the best in Cork! Must try! It’s called the Dosa Spot - next to the Spitjack I think

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

I met a few friends for lunch at the Lee Cafe today none of us had never been there. Food is ok, soup/sandwiches etc with some tasty looking desserts that took a lot of willpower to avoid!

Lovely spot to sit outside on a sunny day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Went to Bella Napoli on acadamy street last Saturday , late lunch , enjoyed it , service was decent, food was good too , and not just pizza and lasagna, although they had that, pizza started about 12 euro , pasta about 13 up I think . I had a Ragu napoleatana with papardelle pasta ,19 ish euro,

Enjoyed it , suitably Italian feel to the restaurant,

Probably be back , especially with the kids for pizza..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Just out of town, lovely lunch last Sunday in The Pavilion, Ballygarvan. All six very satisfied. I had roast chicken stuffed with sourdough and chirizo on potato gnocchi, really nice. Main course and dessert €25 each. Definitely would recommend it.

Advertisement