Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport Workers seek extra holidays

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

It doesn't seem unreasonable, considering the risks they've taken and the level of service they've quietly and consistently got on with providing over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

.anon. wrote: »
    It doesn't seem unreasonable, considering the risks they've taken and the level of service they've quietly and consistently got on with providing over the last year.

Quietly and consistently getting on with it is what most people have done.

The only reason id see this as justified was if they had to put in extra shifts at some point, or were forced to take holidays they didn't intend to take.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,343 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Driving deserted or near deserted trains and buses. Good on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aj89

Quietly and consistently getting on with it is what most people have done.

The only reason id see this as justified was if they had to put in extra shifts at some point, or were forced to take holidays they didn't intend to take.

I work for one of said companies and yes we were forced to take 10 days leave over a two month period. It was an "Emergency Annual Leave Policy" and was applied to all grades of staff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,913 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've witnessed first hand here in London people being abusive towards transport staff and refusing to wear PPE. If it can be done without too much of an impact on public transport, I say give it to them. It's been rough for everyone.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

Good for them. I hope they get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,378 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Meanwhile, in certain private multinational companies, employees were awarded a single day off for their mental health.
    Never stopped for the pandemic, people still interacting with each other, goals never changed, expectations of output still need to be met etc

Everyone's had it rough. Let's just dial the martyrdom down a tad in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

well a dart driver dosn’t exactly have it bad the same way a bus driver does - what with all those dirty smelly passengers getting on alongside them. Problem is if you give it to one you have to give it to them all. Not all are as deserving as others.

I personally think the ‘trainee student nurses’ should be paid. Its not as though they’re not working on wards or not putting their lives at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Any union would be mad not to chance their arms

McDermotX wrote: »
    Meanwhile, in certain private multinational companies, employees were awarded a single day off for their mental health.
    Never stopped for the pandemic, people still interacting with each other, goals never changed, expectations of output still need to be met etc

Everyone's had it rough. Let's just dial the martyrdom down a tad in this country.

The issue is not transport workers getting 10 days, it's other workers getting a day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

They get paid for the job. Loads of other people have not stopped working and ain't getting another 10 days off.

I don't see the doctors and nurses getting an additional 10 days off?
    Suck it up and get on with the job they do

Advertisement