Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Auris hybrid

• 15-02-2021 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Wife has spotted the above car. When are you in hybrid and when are you in petrol?
    Is it speed related?
    Would be expensive if going from cork/dublin on a 1.8 petrol I would imagine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Wife has spotted the above car. When are you in hybrid and when are you in petrol?
    Is it speed related?

Dublin to Cork should see you getting high 40s to the gallon based on my experience of owning an Auris Hybrid for 7 years.
    The car will look after when it uses petrol, electricity or both but you can drive on electricity alone up to 70kph for very short distances.
    One of the best cars I ever owned and I only changed recently. Have you a link to the one your wife spotted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

You'd be on petrol for almost 100% of the time on motorways. That said, it'd probably average 5.5l/100km so approx. 7c/km.
    Dublin - Cork, 260km, approx €18.

The hybrid system is beneficial in start stop city driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Is it speed related?

I have a 2012 Auris Hybrid, and it's by far the best and most economic car I've ever had. Cruising along at 60 to 65 mph I get between 54 to 64 mpg. And in warmer weather at the same speed, I get 62 to 70+ mpg. The engine is hardly ever on, and when it does come on it's only for a few mins. I can't hear any engine on at speeds of about 45 to 60 mph, so if you are light on the gas, and don't have a lead foot you'll get really awesome and very high mpg. I did get 99.9 mpg at one stage for about two hours at low speeds of 30 to 35 mph. On a spin, I came back from Baltinglass to Tallaght at a speed of 60 and achieved an amazing mpg of 78.9 mpg.

The great thing also about Hybrid/E.V/Hydrogen cars is that they don't idle at traffic lights. The engine may come at idle but only for a few mins at most. Also when filling up it'll cost you no more than say 38 to 50 at the very most to fill your car up to the top. I hope this bit of info helped you out.wink.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

I had an Auris hybrid for about 3 years and loved it. It was close to diesel MPG on the motorway and would beat it in traffic. My commute at the time was rush hour M50 and it suited that very well. They are super reliable too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Give a look at a lexus ct 200h, much the same, I found them cheaper to buy (UK) than the auris,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

kanuseeme wrote: »
    Give a look at a lexus ct 200h, much the same, I found them cheaper to buy (UK) than the auris,

Hard cheapskates might look at the Toyota 'Fielder' from a used Jap importer. Sold in far east ( Jap, Aus, NZ etc ) its more or less an estate version of a hybrid Corolla ( generally 2010 - 2014 with the 'old' 1.5l hybrid unit )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Just put a deposit on a hybrid auris today, it's a night and day difference from my old civic 1.8petrol.

Phil.x wrote: »
    Just put a deposit on a hybrid auris today, it's a night and day difference from my old civic 1.8petrol.

You won't be disappointed. Is it a new one or second hand?

Miscreant wrote: »
    You won't be disappointed. Is it a new one or second hand?

It's a 2013, but after reading posts about the theft of catalytic converters I might try to get my deposit back.

It's a 2013, but after reading posts about the theft of catalytic converters I might try to get my deposit back.

I wouldn't let that stop you from buying one. Plenty of other cars out there are having their catalytic converters stolen.
    I had a Toyota hybrid for 7 years and never worried about that situation once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ah the Auris isn’t that bad :)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Ah the Auris isn’t that bad :)

The Honda is better off the lights. But what I was saying is they are 2 totally different drives, wife likes the auto, and I hate the fact the catalytic converter can be stolen pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Civic and Jazz are apparently targets. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it TBH - it's still fairly rare. I've seen videos fo Focuses (Focii??) being targets too.

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/news/crime/honda-main-target-catalytic-converter-thefts-lancaster-and-morecambe-become-epidemic-824087?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The Honda is better off the lights.

If you really want, you can hold the throttle while keeping your left foot on the brake ;)

Advertisement