Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two story extension

Options
  • 15-02-2021 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi I am looking to build a two story extension. if i were to only get the foundations,block work,windows,roof and exterior rendering finished would I be saving a much if I completed all the interior work myself at my leisure? I only plan on doing this if it would be a significant saving
    thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cheaper than what?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gooddarts10

Gumbo wrote: »
    Cheaper than what?

Edited the original post hope it makes more sense

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi I am looking to build a two story extension. if i were to only get the foundations,block work,windows,roof and exterior rendering finished would I be saving a much if I completed all the interior work myself at my leisure? I only plan on doing this if it would be a significant saving
    thanks in advance.

Depends on what you can do yourself and what you have to sun contract in and what the builder will cost.

Have a look in the main forum. There’s a post there today from
    Someone who has issues now after direct labour.

Advertisement