Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Elimination Chamber 2021 (Contains spoilers)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,450 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

At least the MITB gimmick can be put away for another few months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Miz cashing in Money in the Bank is very 2010, time stands still in WWE, doesn't feel fresh at all!

It's a shame it won't be Bryan/Reigns at Mania, that could have been good, less than zero interest in seeing Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Miz cashing in Money in the Bank is very 2010, time stands still in WWE, doesn't feel fresh at all!

It's a shame it won't be Bryan/Reigns at Mania, that could have been good, less than zero interest in seeing Edge.

Ya, the two best matches they can put on would be Bryan - Reigns, and Edge - McIntyre.

Whatever they end up booking for WWE championship is just going to be meh now imo. Singles matches of Miz - McIntyre or Lashley - McIntyre don't really do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

With regards Mania, I think Roman vs Edge is a better match up than Edge vs Drew or anyone on the Raw side. Romans character and motivations work stronger in a story with the Rumble winner. I just, personally, would rather someone else end Romans run though. It’s been so great, I had hoped they use it ending to elevate someone like a Big E.

I don’t see Mania not ending with Edge winning, Christian hugging him, big Mania Moment.

I presume we get Roman vs Bryan properly at Fastlane now. As a casual watcher, the whole gimmick of the immediate title match felt like it made the chamber pointless after it. Bryan wins a hard fought match, gets mauled in seconds by Reigns. There has to be a follow up to the story.

Over on Raw....as a Miz fan, I am so happy for him 5that he finally got another title run. Right, it will be short. I reckon he drops it either on Raw or Fastlane. I can’t see him carrying it into Mania....unless they opt for Miz vs Bad Bunny as a marquee match. It would get a lot of buzz.

I reckon Lashley vs Drew is the Mania match now. I presume one of them picks up the title shortly, with Bunny costing Miz the title. It screams mid-card main event match either way though.

Edge vs Roman is the proper main event now. In terms of characters, in terms of story, in terms of the Rumble win.

Overall, it’s an attractive direction as a lapsed fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A surprisingly easy watch at 2 and a half hours......all WWE PPVs would be better if they were 2 and a half hours or under.

The Smackdown Chamber match should have been last and in hindsight I see no reason why it shouldnt have been. A great match and a lot of unpredictability as to who would win. Was hoping for a Cesaro win but sure why change habits.

Roman v Bryan was as short as expected and pop a little when Bryan latched on the Yes lock straight away.

The Edge interference was predictable, he was always gonna choose Reigns because A) its the biggest match the can do and B) sure they have been pushing it all month.

The Raw Chamber was good, but more predictable in terms of who won it. I assumed that because it was going on last that Orton would get a visit from the Fiend. Besides that, it was very predictable.

Miz cashing in does nothing for me. It didnt work long term in 2011 and its even less interesting / believable in 2021. Lashley v Drew would be fine if Lashley was not losing to Riddle or Keith Lee in recent weeks, he just has a midcard stink on him.

But overall an easy watch but the ending makes you grown. WWE has booked themselves into a corner with the MITB repeatedly this year and having Miz as Champion coming up to the biggest show of the year is a big misstep. I assume though that things will change at Fastlane. Would like to see The Hurt Business destroy Miz and take the title, but Im not mad about it if Im honest. Its all midcard stuff with no feel of a main event angle. Its only gonna hurt Drew long term. He needs a bigger feud. Hell, Orton v Fiend v drew would be a better choice (best of a bad bunch of choices)

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

I don’t see Mania not ending with Edge winning, Christian hugging him, big Mania Moment.

I presume we get Roman vs Bryan properly at Fastlane now. As a casual watcher, the whole gimmick of the immediate title match felt like it made the chamber pointless after it. Bryan wins a hard fought match, gets mauled in seconds by Reigns. There has to be a follow up to the story.

You are probably right, though I could see a Christian/Edge v Reigns/Uso at Fastlane. Though they could wait until the PPV after Mania.

Cesaro will surely go on to feud with Rollins, though Bryan could fit in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Saying Miz is less believable as a Champ is surely the point though right?

Its his second Run that he needed MITB briefcase.

He didn't even win the briefcase properly this time.

He is completely undeserving as champion and will no doubt get his comeuppance soon from a furious Drew.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sirsok wrote: »

He is completely undeserving as champion and will no doubt get his comeuppance soon from a furious Drew.

Yeap.

Drew was massively, massively protected.

He went through five other former world champions in an Elimination Chamber match.

Then got destroyed by Bobby Lashley.

He STILL started the match vs Miz on his feet (rather than just getting covered), kicked out of the DDT and took the Skullcrushing Finale.

Miz was an opportnist, and had to strike some sort of deal with Hurt Business to get his chance. But Drew still looked a monster at the end of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd imagine he gets claymored tonight all right. But I can see him holding it until Fastlane and facing Drew there, Drew to win and face Lashley at WM. It's a bit of a crap WM though but Raw have built no one up this year for a WM main event.

At least on Smack down, I can feasibly see Edge, Bryan or even Owens again as excellent contenders for Reigns as a main event match.

Hopefully we'll get Bryan Vs Rollins at WM now (Rollins vs Cesaro at Fastlane) and maybe a ladder match (or other multi man match) for the Intercontinental title (could have Big E, Cesaro, Owens, Zayn, Nakamura and probably Corbin)

Is this a worthwhile story to tell.

While the logic is there, yes it makes sense..... but is The Miz being WWE Champion the best story you can tell? Do you want a totally non believable Champion ....AGAIN?

Yes it makes sense from a story telling point of view, but is it a story people wanna see? It fell flat 10 years ago. The Miz looks even more of a mid carder now than he did 10 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

If prefer wither miz to keep it and defend in a triple threat at WM, weasling his way out of defences etc. I just want to see drew have some bit of a title chase. He lost to Orton and practically had it back in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Miz will probably be dodging the Hurt Business now. I'm assuming a title match was part of the deal.

They said on the preshow that Asuka would have a match with more to come on it later.

Speaking of the preshow, Sonya is doing well in her current role. It may have been scripted but her interaction with Street Profits was good.
    Is there a reason she's not having matches at the moment?

For my own LOLs I hope WWE go all in on Miz vs Bad Bunny for the WWE championship.

its not what I want to see, but I could see WWE going in this direction considering the appeal of successful recording artist and how they love to push celebs on their product.

The match would mostly be dire affair, and its not what fans in attendance would want to see after so long away, but WWE like to chase that mainstream publicity.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Is this a worthwhile story to tell.

While the logic is there, yes it makes sense..... but is The Miz being WWE Champion the best story you can tell? Do you want a totally non believable Champion ....AGAIN?

Yes it makes sense from a story telling point of view, but is it a story people wanna see? It fell flat 10 years ago. The Miz looks even more of a mid carder now than he did 10 years ago.

Any story is worthy to tell.

Like as fans we can't always get what we want. Look at the whole Daniel Bryan build, if all those ****ty things that happened to him didn't happen you wouldn't have the feel good moment at Mania.

Is a story now that has logic. Miz is associated with Bad Bunny who is mainstream star. So many different ways they could go, so that's interesting.

For ages I have been so down on all things WWE but last night was a really good PPV and with Mania being up in the air it adds an intrigue to me.

I'd prefer Miz to win it then be Sandow'd or Corbin'd.

McIntyre has a serious motivation now. He has a beef with a few people now across the card. He can now be associated with Bad Bunny guy and get a rub there.

Its certainly more interesting then McIntyre finishing off PPV with title and also by extension makes Reigns look like an even bigger prick as he did the same thing as Miz practically.

If we just accept wrestling for what it is sometimes its more enjoyable.

Here is the story we are being presented , let's roll with it

Any story is worthy to tell.

Like as fans we can't always get what we want. Look at the whole Daniel Bryan build, if all those ****ty things that happened to him didn't happen you wouldn't have the feel good moment at Mania.

Is a story now that has logic. Miz is associated with Bad Bunny who is mainstream star. So many different ways they could go, so that's interesting.

For ages I have been so down on all things WWE but last night was a really good PPV and with Mania being up in the air it adds an intrigue to me.

I'd prefer Miz to win it then be Sandow'd or Corbin'd.

McIntyre has a serious motivation now. He has a beef with a few people now across the card. He can now be associated with Bad Bunny guy and get a rub there.

Its certainly more interesting then McIntyre finishing off PPV with title and also by extension makes Reigns look like an even bigger prick as he did the same thing as Miz practically.

If we just accept wrestling for what it is sometimes its more enjoyable.

Here is the story we are being presented , let's roll with it

I subscribe to the notion that bad things make the great things more worthwhile.

But WWE has had very few good moments in the last year (decade even) to balance the bad ones.

Yes the resistance to Bryan mad eit even sweeter when he won at WM30. I wont argue that.

But you cant be seriously interested in Miz rehashing his 2011 run in a condensed fashion with the added bells and whistles of Bad Bunny attached? Its not main event worthy.

Last night was a decent show, but not because of The Miz. Lashley development.

I just think there are better directions they could have gone down.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Kevin Owens once again looks like a chump after last night, once again confirming my thought's that he'll never be more than a mid-card player in Vince's eyes.

At least he had an Universal title run in his time, looks like he'll be paired with Jey Uso for Mania to give KO his token win, just like Mania last year, he beats Rollins and they do absolutely nothing with it.

I'm not necessarily more interested in Miz as champion but I am more interesting in saying what they have planned for Mania as a result of last night.

I don't like the Miz, everything screams he shouldn't not be champion...but thats the point.

He will get his comeuppance, McIntyre can now show a bit of fire.

Be nice to see then intertwine some story lines.

With Owens, I can see him coming to the rescue of Edge and eventually turning on him. Imagine powerbombing Edge on the Apron after helping him against Reigns and Jay. They made reference to him always turning on people recently

Week and weeks of building Sheamus up as a challenger against McIntyre only to be usurped by The Miz......

CM PUNK Mark 2.0 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm sure Punk is delighted for Miz.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As much as I like Bryan, I wonder what would have happened if Jey won and was to face Reigns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    As much as I like Bryan, I wonder what would have happened if Jey won and was to face Reigns

Jey would probably have laid down, let Reigns have the easy win. What with Reigns being ya know, The Head Of The Table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

I'll be surprised if Miz makes past Fastlane with the title. Feels like it's there to lose on the first Peacock PPVcock.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Jey would probably have laid down, let Reigns have the easy win. What with Reigns being ya know, The Head Of The Table.

I'd say Reigns would've speared Jey. Tough Love and all that. Can't have Jey looking weak by laying down for him. Though I guess he could've tested him

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ridley wrote: »
    I'll be surprised if Miz makes past Fastlane with the title. Feels like it's there to lose on the first Peacock PPVcock.

Lashley is set to beat Miz to go on to defend against McIntyre.

Miz and JoMo to take on Bad Bunny and Priest in tag match at mania instead.

Miz a paperweight champion if I ever seen one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLm9oLpAP9e/?igshid=gbg4tb8lgfwm

Long term storytelling by WWE or just a coincidence?

Admittedly Lashley has been built well over the past few
    Months but he’s no more a threat to McIntyre than Owens was to Reigns.

WWE and long term planning? Like how they were responsible for Daniel Bryan becoming as big as he did.

Did like the other picture on that Instagram pointing out that Lacey is the second woman to get pregnant just to avoid fighting Asuka.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Cole really is brutal. "Can Daniel Bryan catch lightning in a bottle for the second time in his career!"

Vinnie still sore over the fans having the temerity to make him change his plans 7 years ago.

Advertisement