Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing Current Affairs Yellow Card

Options
  • 16-02-2021 3:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

I received a yellow card for this post in Current Affairs and would like to appeal it on the grounds that it didn't break any rules.

I attempted to resolve it with the mod in question, but they didn't have the courtesy to respond, so I'm assuming that it has been upheld.

This is the PM I sent in response to the card:
    .anon. wrote:
    I didn't call the mods and admins out. I pointed out (using neutral language) the fact that you (plural) don't seem to mind that Boards has become a home for the far-right. The fact that you're more likely to take action against perceived criticism than against posters with a racist agenda (the OP in that thread is a classic example) only serves to prove my point.

Posting about racism in a thread started by someone with a racist agenda is not off topic. There was a thread in Feedback about the racism problem in CA, but that was locked.

I don't intend to post in that thread again, but I'm asking you to rescind that yellow card, as no rule was broken.

Thanks.
    Dear .anon.,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Ten of Swords

Moderator Note

Calling out mods and admins on thread like that is not the way to provide feedback, also off topic

Your post:
    .anon. wrote: »
    Why am I, a white man, the real victim of racism?

We should probably just accept that Boards has become the new online home for Ireland's loopy far-right. The mods and admins seem to have accepted it anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Bumping this, in case it hasn't been noticed. Any chance of an update?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll inform the CMods now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi .anon. I can look at this for you.

I will need to see honest engagement with the mod on this matter before we proceed. I do not see this in the pms you provided.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hi .anon. I can look at this for you.

I will need to see honest engagement with the mod on this matter before we proceed. I do not see this in the pms you provided.

Hi Pawwed Rig, thanks for looking into it. Unfortunately, the mod chose not to respond to my PM, so there was no further engagement. I interpreted that lack of a response as a blunt answer to my polite request. Beyond pestering them for a response, which seems a bit extreme, I'm not sure what to do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thanks. I am checking with the mod separately

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

.anon. I believe this may now have been resolved directly with the mod

Could you please confirm

Thanks

Beasty wrote: »
    .anon. I believe this may now have been resolved directly with the mod

Could you please confirm

Thanks

Hi Beasty, yes it's been resolved. :)

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement