Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import Duti & Tax Planet X

Options
  • 16-02-2021 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Anyone bought a bike from planet X UK since Brexit? What kind fees, tax and duty did you pay?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Their website doesn't appear to have been updated to reflect Brexit but mentions how anyone outside the EU will have to sort out thir own import duties. I suspect that this now should say anyone outside of GB.
    Apparently they were charging UK VAT to non-UK customers (when they shouldn't be) and this seemingly has not yet been corrected - have a look at the comments to this link. The invoice says no VAT but the customer is charged the UK VAT :rolleyes:
    https://road.cc/content/news/planet-x-customers-continent-paying-uk-vat-280099

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Oscar3

Bleedin chancers... thought there was a big discrepancy between the stg and euro prices alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I've made a purchase recently (approx. 75stg), they refunded me VAT (~15stg) without saying a word. The package arrived a bit late without any further changes. YMMV though!

Advertisement