Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Hey folks, does anyone know how far in advance the examiners put the paper together of if it differs between the exams. Looking at some recent cases for Constitutional and trying to decide if I can leave out some of the important but really recent ones. Thanks

Even if they don't specifically reference a new case that was decided this year, you will get extra marks for knowing a recent case that relates to the topic

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

equity

for interloc injunctions are people looking at the situations in which the departure from campus oil principles is justified?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

i covered everything for constitutional except houses of the oireachtas which i’m leaving out. i’ve also not covered freedom of assembly and freedom of association - should i cover those two freedoms as i heard they don’t come up often ?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Anyone else getting that oh crap feeling? Really not ready for these exams haha the panic has set in.

Iconic10 wrote: »
    i covered everything for constitutional except houses of the oireachtas which i’m leaving out. i’ve also not covered freedom of assembly and freedom of association - should i cover those two freedoms as i heard they don’t come up often ?

for those two what I would have is the article in the constitution, one case law that determined it existed and the case that said it was not absolute (if applicable, and also if applicable be able to say if it says what the restrictions are in the Article). I think they mostly show up as part of a problem question so if you have those bits of information you will pick up easy marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

awsah wrote: »
    Even if they don't specifically reference a new case that was decided this year, you will get extra marks for knowing a recent case that relates to the topic

Thanks, thats what Im thinking. The last paper was rough though. Two questions based entirely on cases from within the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fe1person

Does anyone by any chance have the March 2020 paper for Company?

Thanks, thats what Im thinking. The last paper was rough though. Two questions based entirely on cases from within the last year.

are you doing his lecture on monday? I am hoping the 20 quid I spent on it will save me spending 108 to redo the exam in oct!

fe1person wrote: »
      Does anyone by any chance have the March 2020 paper for Company?

here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

FE1new wrote: »
      Anyone else getting that oh crap feeling? Really not ready for these exams haha the panic has set in.

I really am. Hoping that the last minute cram brain will get me across the line but not hopeful!

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

awsah wrote: »
      are you doing his lecture on monday? I am hoping the 20 quid I spent on it will save me spending 108 to redo the exam in oct!

Yes, will do it. Bit late unfortunately. Would have been great about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 yipyop

Looking to get my hands on sample answers for Constitutional that aren't from Griffith. Have materials for all other subjects if anyone needs anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 2020FE1

What are people focusing on for the courts/judiciary?
      I have the administration of justice in public and powers of a judicial nature covered. Does independence come up much?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fe1taker2020

Judicial independence usually comes up in the form of case note via O’Byrne v Minister for Finance and Curtain v Dáil Éireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Can I ask advice from anyone doing Company, I thought i would have more time but that isn't the case. I have tried to study the following...but failed. Any tips on what can be left out or needs to be studied instead??

SLP
      Directors Duties
      Restriction
      212 Remedies
      Corporate Borrowing - crystallisation
      Liquidation
      Examinership
      Receivership
      238 and 239
      Ultra Vires

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

Personal rights for constitution - is there anything which people expect would be worth focusing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

FEONE wrote: »
      Personal rights for constitution - is there anything which people expect would be worth focusing on?

right of access to court/litigate
      privacy
      bodily integrity
      livelihood
      fair procedures

^this is what I'm doing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

I only have time to do either institutions or general principles for EU law. Can anyone tell me which is the easiest?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

CONSTITUTIONAL: Can someone explain to me what the Supreme Court held in Zalewski in late 2020 in relation to the exercise of limited judicial power? Just realised I don't have it in my notes. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Has there ever been a question on mootness in Constitutional?

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Constitutional

Does anyone have a concise sample answer on equality?
      Have notes for other subjects/topics that I'm happy to swap!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

Given the fact it came up in November, would it be safe to leave out rylands v fletcher?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

constitutional

could anybody tell me if im missing anything important to cover ?

SOP
      ag + pres
      interpretation
      personal rights + unenumerated (elements of fair hearing, privacy, bodily integrity)
      property
      inviolability of dwelling
      equality
      FOE + FOA + FOAs
      Religion
      Right to Jury + Silence
      Due Course (right to legal advice, undue delay, unconstitutionally obtained evidence)
      family + ed

Starting to get overwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

DUMSURFER wrote: »
      Does anyone have an up-to-date criminal grid and an exam paper/report from November? Can swap anything and everything that anyone needs!

Can anyone help me out with this, I'm getting fairly desperate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

FE1new wrote: »
      Can I ask advice from anyone doing Company, I thought i would have more time but that isn't the case. I have tried to study the following...but failed. Any tips on what can be left out or needs to be studied instead??

SLP
      Directors Duties
      Restriction
      212 Remedies
      Corporate Borrowing - crystallisation
      Liquidation
      Examinership
      Receivership
      238 and 239
      Ultra Vires

I don't know about leaving out, but definitely keep directors duties, 212 remedies and corporate borrowing

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

constitutional

could anybody tell me if im missing anything important to cover ?

SOP
      ag + pres
      interpretation
      personal rights + unenumerated (elements of fair hearing, privacy, bodily integrity)
      property
      inviolability of dwelling
      equality
      FOE + FOA + FOAs
      Religion
      Right to Jury + Silence
      Due Course (right to legal advice, undue delay, unconstitutionally obtained evidence)
      family + ed

Starting to get overwhelmed.

This is what I am covering too. Also going to cover amending the constitution and findings of unconstitutionality. They're both fairly okay topics

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

Fe123 wrote: »
      I only have time to do either institutions or general principles for EU law. Can anyone tell me which is the easiest?

General Principles is a bit easier/shorter!

I really would do both if I were you, as they are both likely to come up, and they are always asked in the same essay format.

I can send you my notes on them both if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

DUMSURFER wrote: »
      Can anyone help me out with this, I'm getting fairly desperate :(

heres the november paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Personal rights for constitutional..
      Hoping to get it all covered but any advice RE caselaw? Feel like there's so much of it but don't know what is safe to leave out and what to keep?

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

The NBN lecture on constitutional law the lecturer refers to the examiners report for November 2020 but I can’t find the report on the law society website.

Has anyone come across it?

Advertisement