Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Constitutional predictions which are my own and not by any means accurate lol just based on current trends in the law;

Constitutional interpretation essay - recent case which went through methods in order they will be applied by court

AG essay - topical, discussed by Carolan himself in a recent paper

Liberty and issue of wardship etc - so many recent cases I know it appeared in Nov but I reckon we could see it again

Delay/Pre trial Publicity/duty to seek out preserve - there's a recent trend here for the court to direct that these matters should be dealt with by trial court

Unenumerated rights - recent case before SC which involved concept of derived rights

Equality - trend in moving away from human personality doctrine

Unconstitutionality - deferred declarations and also the date of declaration ambiguity there is recent case law here

Family - impact of A42 theres recent caselaw here too or maybe surrogacy in Irish law and the lacuna

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Constitutional predictions which are my own and not by any means accurate lol just based on current trends in the law;

Constitutional interpretation essay - recent case which went through methods in order they will be applied by court

AG essay - topical, discussed by Carolan himself in a recent paper

Liberty and issue of wardship etc - so many recent cases I know it appeared in Nov but I reckon we could see it again

Delay/Pre trial Publicity/duty to seek out preserve - there's a recent trend here for the court to direct that these matters should be dealt with by trial court

Unenumerated rights - recent case before SC which involved concept of derived rights

Equality - trend in moving away from human personality doctrine

Unconstitutionality - deferred declarations and also the date of declaration ambiguity there is recent case law here

Family - impact of A42 theres recent caselaw here too or maybe surrogacy in Irish law and the lacuna

what’s the recent paper by carolyn where he mentioned the AG ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

Constitutional

Is there any website that gives summaries of recent case law?

Trying to read the judgments and can’t cope!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

Tort
    does anyone think it's safe to leave out Ryland's v Fletcher for land-based torts? i was thinking of focussing on nuisance above trespass or rylands

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

constitutional

For anyone who did Eoin Carolan's UCD seminar for past sittings, did you guys find it helpful for/relative to the questions that came up that year???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

flepetch wrote: »
    Tort
    does anyone think it's safe to leave out Ryland's v Fletcher for land-based torts? i was thinking of focussing on nuisance above trespass or rylands

Ya I’m leaving out R V F.. Just focusing on nuisance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kanne96

Any kind soul have contract answers that are not Griffith? Have six exams passed so have a good bit of notes to trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

Lallers96 wrote: »
    You'd be notified if you were caught cheating because they told us beforehand that there is a chance to appeal. However in saying that I have zero confidence in that software, and I researched it heavily.[/QUOTE

Just wondering why you have zero confidence ?
    I am doing EU and thinking of not using the treaties at all as i am so paranoid !

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

Would anyone happen to have criminal papers and/or exam reports specifically from 2016? Have other materials I can provide

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

[/QUOTE]
    I am doing EU and thinking of not using the treaties at all as i am so paranoid ![/QUOTE]

I did EU last sitting just held up my treaties at the start and flicked through it and during the exam a few times. I would 100% use it, you have the recording to fall back on if they think you have cheated. Like others will be using it and your exam paper will be marked at the same standard as theirs.

I also did a quick 360 of my room just to be safe.

I passed, and the legislation is dead handy especially for certain questions (institutions and FMOW/ Citizenship).

My advice is don't shoot yourself in the foot. No matter the exam people always have issues be it in person or online, that is life. I found the exam format okay. Just do what you can within reason to ensure you are not feeling under pressure and to highlight you are not cheating but it is not as daunting in practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Creg12 wrote: »
    You'd be notified if you were caught cheating because they told us beforehand that there is a chance to appeal. However in saying that I have zero confidence in that software, and I researched it heavily.[/QUOTE

I am doing EU and thinking of not using the treaties at all as i am so paranoid !

I agree with poster above, you are taking focus from your study by worrying about this,you are entitled to have tour legislation and it saved my ass in nov so I would really discourage against not bringing it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Creg12 wrote: »

Literally there is nothing to be panicked about I sat EU property and equity last sitting ! Held up my property leg at the start but didn’t even hold up my Eu one

Never showed them the room as I wasnt asked to and didn’t want to disrupt my set up !

I had no issues !

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FE1swag

Any predictions on what Directors Question will come in Company?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

Did anybody notice that the NBN 2021 for Tort were outdated. He spoke about vicarious liability coming up as it hadn’t been up since October 2018, when in fact it came up on the last two papers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

murray132 wrote: »
    Did anybody notice that the NBN 2021 for Tort were outdated. He spoke about vicarious liability coming up as it hadn’t been up since October 2018, when in fact it came up on the last two papers ?

Yeah it's the same recording as put up in November - so zero predictions..

If anyone here is doing the city college course would really appreciate any tips, I know it is naturally a course that the examiner recommends not predicting. But it is also a mammoth course to cover.

Also might be worth noting that vicarious liability has previously come up a few sittings in a row so I will still be covering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Anyone else feeling like they know nothing for constitutional right now

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lawstudent123

Hi all,

I'm struggling a bit with Constitutional, wondering if anyone could please explain to me the order for interpretation as set out in the recent SC case in Senator Ivana?

Thank you in advance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

I have noticed a lot of people here worrying about constitutional. There is a lot to learn for it but the examiner is not a very hard marker so don't stress you will all be fine! got 50 on the dot in November and wholeheartedly believed I failed the exam! If I can do it you can too.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Would anybody be able to direct me on the case of State(M) V Attorney General in right to travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Constitutional

In the Griffith manual family and education are together but are people just concentrating on the family? Has education ever been examined?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

Would anybody be able to direct me on the case of State(M) V Attorney General in right to travel?

So this is all I have on that case hope it helps:

It concerned a refusal by the respondent of an application by the mother of a child for a passport for that child. The child had been born to an Irish mother and a Nigerian father, and due to the mother’s inability to care for her she wanted the child go Nigeria to live with the father’s parents.

The reason the passport was refused was that it would implicate the Minister in aiding a breach of the Adoption Act 1952 which provided that an illegitimate child of up to 7 years old may not be removed from the State. The Act also did not provide for such child to live abroad with the father or relatives of the father. This did not apply to legitimate children.

Finlay P refused to hold this unconstitutional on the basis of Art 40.1 equality but upheld the challenge on the basis of a right to travel.

Finlay P expressed the right to travel as the right to avail of pre-existing international travel provisions without arbitrary or unjustified interference. He held that a citizen has a right to a passport subject to public order concerns to avail of such arrangements.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

Constitutional

In the Griffith manual family and education are together but are people just concentrating on the family? Has education ever been examined?

I havent come across it on a past paper. Could be topical with the pandemic at the moment but you can say that about loads of the topics.

does right to a jury trial come up in constitutional ? not a right to a fair trial, i mean right to jury trial thanks

inviolability of the dwelling is also a separate chapter in my manual - does this tend to come up, think only appeared once ?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Iconic10 wrote: »
    inviolability of the dwelling is also a separate chapter in my manual - does this tend to come up, think only appeared once ?
    Yes I noted that. I ignored that chapter.. not sure if this was a bad move but it is what it is at this stage haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

FE1Nov20 wrote: »
    So this is all I have on that case hope it helps:

It concerned a refusal by the respondent of an application by the mother of a child for a passport for that child. The child had been born to an Irish mother and a Nigerian father, and due to the mother’s inability to care for her she wanted the child go Nigeria to live with the father’s parents.

The reason the passport was refused was that it would implicate the Minister in aiding a breach of the Adoption Act 1952 which provided that an illegitimate child of up to 7 years old may not be removed from the State. The Act also did not provide for such child to live abroad with the father or relatives of the father. This did not apply to legitimate children.

Finlay P refused to hold this unconstitutional on the basis of Art 40.1 equality but upheld the challenge on the basis of a right to travel.

Finlay P expressed the right to travel as the right to avail of pre-existing international travel provisions without arbitrary or unjustified interference. He held that a citizen has a right to a passport subject to public order concerns to avail of such arrangements.

Thanks! It was down as a different name in my manual but same facts so I was stressing unnecessarily over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Iconic10 wrote: »

This can come up with regards to unconstitutional obtained evidence.

With regards right to a jury trial, is that in your manual?I cant imagine there is too much case law on that but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

FE1swag wrote: »
    Any predictions on what Directors Question will come in Company?

I'm going to say a PQ on fiduciary duties?? Stab in the dark so I have just learned the whole topic. I would have loved the November essay on who they owe a duty to.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

Any predictions for the note question in equity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

can anyone explain the case and the main significance of the friends of the environment v board pleanala for constitutional law ?

Advertisement