Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 HellsBellsxx

Just wondering what have people covered for criminal?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Are people focusing on natural law for constitutional interpretation q? Thank you!

I covered them all

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fe1taker2020

Constitutional is by the far the most burdensome subject I’ve ever studied. Anyone else feeling entirely screwed for this exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Would it be completely insane to leave out family and education for constitutional?

Does anyone have the March 19 contract paper? Looking to see what the essay question on duress was. Alternatively, can anyone tell me if it was just a question on economic duress. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

Would it be completely insane to leave out family and education for constitutional?

Leaving out Family may be risky! The SC delivered a judgement in 2020 in Gorry v Minister for Justice. I'm personally hoping for a full question on it!!

But as someone previously said, an argument can be made for every single topic in Constitutional so at this point just go with what your gut!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Leaving out Family may be risky! The SC delivered a judgement in 2020 in Gorry v Minister for Justice. I'm personally hoping for a full question on it!!

But as someone previously said, an argument can be made for every single topic in Constitutional so at this point just go with what your gut!

could you tell us what that case determined?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Byrne11

Just wondering what have people covered for criminal?

Hey,

I've covered/currently covering
    - Sexual offences
    - NFOAPA
    - Offences against property
    - Homicide
    - Offences against the person
    - Defences
    - Bail, arrest,detention, Presumption of innocence & the courts
    - Accomplice (accessory, joint enterprise etc).
    What I'm briefly covering:[/U]
    - Public order offences
    - criminal damage
    - inchoate offences
    - participation in a crime
    - offences against the state

• Registered Users Posts: 9 HellsBellsxx

Thanks so much pretty much what I’ve covered. Last min panic setting in now

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Byrne11

Thanks so much pretty much what I’ve covered. Last min panic setting in now

Try not to stress, you'll be surprised how much you remember on the day! (easier said than done, I know!) & Best of luck to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 54321zz

Hi everyone, just double checking that the timetable for the exams is the one currently on Law Society website page? I just googled it and I think the original timetable came up so I'm having a little panic hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

First-timer sitting the exams here, just wondering how people are laying them out - the lecturer from one of the Night Before Notes said he recommends doing a notes dump at the beginning of each answer and not deleting it. Obviously planning on doing an essay plan, but wasn't actually planning on leaving the essay plan or rough work in my answer - do people do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lawstruggles20

@newFE1 - question for 2019 Spring q8 - answer a or b - A) "Discuss the circumstances in which a contract will be declared invalid on the grounds of economic duress. refer to cases in your answer".
    B) "what contractual principles are used by court to protect persons who provide guarantees and securities to financial institutions that advance monies to close friends and family members of the guarantor?"

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

bigchungus wrote: »
    First-timer sitting the exams here, just wondering how people are laying them out - the lecturer from one of the Night Before Notes said he recommends doing a notes dump at the beginning of each answer and not deleting it. Obviously planning on doing an essay plan, but wasn't actually planning on leaving the essay plan or rough work in my answer - do people do this?

I do not do that, I suppose the only advantage I can see if that if you write something that is relevant and then forget to add it to the body the examiner might see it and give some marks but I just can't see the examiner giving marks for something that is not relevant to the specific question, otherwise people would get good marks on questions where they write everything they know on a topic as opposed to what the specific questions asks.
    what I did in November was look a the question and type the topics and maybe some case law and then come back and fill in around it and made it neat and presentable.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

I’ve passed 6 exams and left plans for each answer in every single one. It definitely helps me to remember my points in the area I’m discussing and any relevant case law that I could forget as I’m writing. I think leaving it in can be helpful to show your line of thinking in case it’s not entirely evident from your words but at the same time I don’t know that for certain either. Obviously when the exams were written they had to be left in so I suppose you have more choice with an online version whether you want to or not. You definitely wouldn’t be penalized for leaving it in anyway so I think it’s no harm

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

I sat the exams online in Nov & did a 'notes dump' (love that!) for each Q but then went back and fleshed my answers out from them. Saved a lot of time than having to start each answer from scratch.

Have never heard of leaving your essay plans in your paper - I always did mine on the exam paper so examiner never saw it! Don't know what the merits would be? For me that was just my ultra rough work and wouldn't make sense to anyone else apart from me (all my plans are in ultra shorthand)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ElMo7

For criminal, are people covering Actus Reus and Mens rea as a topic on their own for an essay/problem or just as they relate to the different offences?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Depends on what you’d usually do in an exam situation - for me I never ever have written a plan or anything.

There are notes and sticky pads which you can do rough work on but not sure if the examiner can see this but if you do leave it in before each answer I’d just make sure to label it rough work !!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

thanks so much i'll have a look at it so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Company

Is receivership worth covering? Came up in March 2020. Have examinership and liquidation covered and trying to cut one or two topics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

Hi everyone, does anybody have any condensed family notes for constitutional please? really struggling here

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

Constitutional - I haven't seen many on here mention locus standi but I'm weary of it appearing again as a two in a row question - do people plan on covering it?? Really freaking out over this exam

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

what essays are people leaving out for Criminal? does anyone think presumption of innocence will come up for a third time in a row, I have an essay prepared for it but would rather leave it out if I can

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

Fe1ak wrote: »
    what essays are people leaving out for Criminal? does anyone think presumption of innocence will come up for a third time in a row, I have an essay prepared for it but would rather leave it out if I can

Personally, I’m going to opt to focus on right to silence mixed with access to a solicitor and detention/questioning for the procedure side. A repeat basically of Q 7 October 2019 is what I’d be thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

bluerthanu wrote: »
    Personally, I’m going to opt to focus on right to silence mixed with access to a solicitor and detention/questioning for the procedure side. A repeat basically of Q 7 October 2019 is what I’d be thinking.
    thank you! that's what I'm hoping will come up too, goodluck!

FE1Nov20 wrote: »
    Constitutional - I haven't seen many on here mention locus standi but I'm weary of it appearing again as a two in a row question - do people plan on covering it?? Really freaking out over this exam

I've done locus standi ye. I feel even if it doesn't come up as a big question it could always still come up as part of a problem question. I've covered so much more for Constitutional than I have done for any other subject and still feel like I'm leaving so much out. I actually find the material interesting but the amount of it is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

Can we get some Constitutions rolling here for Constitution? Topics that repeat, topics that have had new cases, and cases people think will come up? If we all throw in our predictions, the law of averages will surely prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kayleee123

Can we get some Constitutions rolling here for Constitution? Topics that repeat, topics that have had new cases, and cases people think will come up? If we all throw in our predictions, the law of averages will surely prevail.

Thinking AG, Constitutional Interpretation, some kind of question around assembly/ association/ freedom of expression, property rights, right to die, SOP - either delegated legislation or interference in judiciary

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

kayleee123 wrote: »
    Thinking AG, Constitutional Interpretation, some kind of question around assembly/ association/ freedom of expression, property rights, right to die, SOP - either delegated legislation or interference in judiciary

Although might mean nothing religion is a topic that has followed a pattern of two up and two off for years now, hasn't been up the last two papers so could be due now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 FE1swag

Any thoughts on the Separation of Powers qs?

Advertisement