Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

what are the absolute MUST topics or constitutional law?

really struggling here and feeling so overwhelmed for SOP i only covered non delegation, cabinet confidentiality, small bit on international relations (was going to leave out referenda or is that to dodgy?) then i have in public requirement/brief on the independance of judiciary? anything i really should be INCLUDING for SOP?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    I have left out the oireachtas too.. it came up in Nov and March 2020 so hoping it won't appear again

I had to leave it out also was under so much time pressure and couldn’t cover everything

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

Iconic10 wrote: »
    i left it out but wondering if i should cover it as well. I left out all the houses of the oireachtas as it came up last time. anyone any advice on whether we should cover privilege and confidentiality only ? would it come up as part of problem question maybe ?

I've left out the Oireachtas too and won't be covering it at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stav

Hey all!

I was wondering if Reckless and Fraudulent Trading (Directors Statutory Duties Arising on Insolvency) is an important topic to cover for the Company March 2020 sitting? Really running out of time and trying to figure out what to leave out.

Thanks a million in advance for the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mcdurh

For Equity, I'm covering Injunctions, Estoppel, Charitable/Non-Charitable Trusts, Secret Trusts, Specific Performance, Tracing, Trustee's, Rectification and Undue Influence. Do you think I'm covered with that? Or am I not covering enough? Honestly starting to freak out here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

What did everyone take away from the Webinar for Constitutional?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

whats everyones thoughts on the seminar? Possible q on non justiabilty given the importance he placed on that aspect in the Friends of the environment case??

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

Eoin Carolan talk:

I signed up but am in hospital with high blood pressure!

Was the first case he discussed the Friends of the Irish government?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

Eoin Carolan talk

What were the last few cases he mentioned in the last minute of the talk?

Something about industrial relations?
    Freedom of ????

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

FEONE wrote: »
    What did everyone take away from the Webinar for Constitutional?

That I'm screwed, to put it plainly....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

That I'm screwed, to put it plainly....

Hahaha same

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

He spent a lot of time on the friends of the environment v government of Ireland case and mentioned it included a good few different issues, definite question I think

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Oh my god part of me wishes I didn’t attend that zoom meeting I’m so freaked out now lovely timing as well

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

mcdurh wrote: »
    For Equity, I'm covering Injunctions, Estoppel, Charitable/Non-Charitable Trusts, Secret Trusts, Specific Performance, Tracing, Trustee's, Rectification and Undue Influence. Do you think I'm covered with that? Or am I not covering enough? Honestly starting to freak out here.

If I had that much covered I’d be feeling pretty good right now! I think you should be well covered to do 6 or 7 questions comfortably.

Coopie wrote: »
    Eoin Carolan talk

What were the last few cases he mentioned in the last minute of the talk?

Something about industrial relations?
    Freedom of ????

I didn't get all of them, but some I have is B v Oberstown, A/I/S, Usaras Uchtala, Byrne, Damache, Ryan, O'Shea, Bacik, the UCC decision re freedom of information, and I didn't catch the other few

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

Anyone get clarification from the Law Society regarding the use of headphones during the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

Constitutional
    He mentioned the Ivana’s Bacik case where they specifically outlined the methods of constitutional interpretation so I’d have that ready.
    He also mentioned a case concerning the AG that I hadn’t come across so could be worth covering well also.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

For Constitutional Law re Non Delegation Doctrine, Does anyone know whether a minister can create an indictable offence when implementing domestic legislation? I know they can when implementing EU legislation as per Euro Comm. Amend Act 2007.

I'm finding it hard to recognise in exam questions whether it is an impermissible delegation of power because there is so little info about the acts in the question never mind principles and policies

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emilyj_a

CONTRACT

Can someone give their opinion on whether I'm covered with the following topics for contract;
    Offer & Acceptance
    Consideration,
    Intention to create legal relations,
    Misrepresentation,
    Privity,
    Duress,
    undue influence,
    Capacity,
    Discharge,
    Remedies
    consumer protection.
    Would it be wise to add mistake or estoppel to the list? I'm aware they came up in the last paper. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

Eoin Carolan mentioned a case concerning the difference in treatment of children in detention and how a high threshold has to be met to constitute unequal treatment, does anybody know where to find this in the manuals? I don't seem to have it under equality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

After that talk I would be looking at

Liberty
    Ag
    Equality
    Moot ness
    Family - rights of the family, personal rights and rights of non-citizens
    I would be prepared to do an essay on the Friends of the Irish Government case with headings as follows
    -Non Justibality
    Standing
    Unenumerated rights - right to a healthy environment

Edit to include an essay on the senator case which could be tied into a president question

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mcdurh

Paraeagle wrote: »
    If I had that much covered I’d be feeling pretty good right now! I think you should be well covered to do 6 or 7 questions comfortably.

You think? I've left resulting trusts, purpose trusts and constructive blank that's a serious worry for me, part of me is thinking about adding one of them to the list but I just don't have the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lawlawblahblah

Re the lecture what do we think he’s gonna focus on for Friends Irish Environment? Case note or things in particular?

Do we think detention for medical reasons will come up and liberty?

Could someone let me know what happened Gorry? Thanks so much guys

FEONE wrote: »
    Eoin Carolan mentioned a case concerning the difference in treatment of children in detention and how a high threshold has to be met to constitute unequal treatment, does anybody know where to find this in the manuals? I don't seem to have it under equality

None of the cases other than Byrne v director of oberstown seem to be in the city colleges manuals

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MylesH

Re. the practice exam for Better Examinations - It says my practice exam is still in progress since March 11th and that I have no exams awaiting feedback.

Would this mean that I didn't actually 'submit' the practice exam when I did it? (Can't remember whether I actually submitted it or just closed the Chrome window).

Has anybody else received feedback from the practice exam? Kind of panicking now in case they shut me out on the day for some reason, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

MylesH wrote: »
    Re. the practice exam for Better Examinations - It says my practice exam is still in progress since March 11th and that I have no exams awaiting feedback.

Would this mean that I didn't actually 'submit' the practice exam when I did it? (Can't remember whether I actually submitted it or just closed the Chrome window).

Has anybody else received feedback from the practice exam? Kind of panicking now in case they shut me out on the day for some reason, haha

Yeah, I was thinking the same, I never submitted my practice exam on the day, I just closed the chrome window. Only when I came on here after did I see people saying you were to receive a message about successfully submitting at the end.

At least I know to do it this week in the actual exam!

Anyone know where one could find any case summaries for the cases mentioned like Bacik, Friends of the Irish Environment, Udaras Uchtala etc. from today's lecture?

None of the cases other than Byrne v director of oberstown seem to be in the city colleges manuals

Do you know what page that would be? I can't seem to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

mcdurh wrote: »
    You think? I've left resulting trusts, purpose trusts and constructive blank that's a serious worry for me, part of me is thinking about adding one of them to the list but I just don't have the time.

Trusts always form 2 questions so it’s likely you’ll only be able to answer 1 of the 2 but with everything else you have on your list, I wouldn’t panic!

• Advertisement

Do you know what page that would be? I can't seem to find it

Page 263

Advertisement