Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

With the amount I've covered for Constitutional - for any other FE1 I'd be flying but with this exam I feel like it could go either way! Can anyone relate? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

Iconic10 wrote: »
    since houses of oireachtas and keri a and o brien came up last year it would hardly come again would it ? i didn’t cover it

They are important cases but hard to imagine hed have another entire question based around them after the one on the last sitting. Maybe hel have one of them in the case note question.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

my head hurts and still need to tab my legislation

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LegalEagle21

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    With the amount I've covered for Constitutional - for any other FE1 I'd be flying but with this exam I feel like it could go either way! Can anyone relate? :eek:

I feel the exact same. I’ve spent the majority of my time at constitutional and covered a lot more than any other topic and still feel like it’s going to be impossible to pass. I find the hardest part trying to determine what the problem questions are asking

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

EmmaO94 wrote: »

Did you mind me asking if you covered Liberty? And if you did what part?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

What are people focusing on for religion?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Anybody that took criminal today, were ye asked to show your room or is it the exact same as November? The thought of having to lift my monitor to show around the room and keep my train of thought is pushing me over the edge. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

So I was thinking of covering the following for EU, am I covered?
    Competition Law- Art 101, 102, 107 (not doing mergers or 106 because they came up recently)
    FMOG both Art 34-36 and Art 30 and Art 110
    Institutions- Hoping it is a banker
    General Principles + Sources of EU law as back up
    Judicial Review- essay on individual concern test
    Direct Effect, Indirect effect and MS liability

Am I cutting it a bit close?

For Company:
    Company Borrowing
    Realisation of CA
    Directors Duties- whole lot- s158, s224, s238, s239 shadow directors etc.
    Oppression
    Share Transfer
    SLP
    Ultra Vires essay?
    Should I do any more? Any other bankers? I know people are saying examinership and receivership but I haven't looked at them before so don't know how long they will take to learn.

For Property:
    Succession
    Adverse Possession
    Finding
    Easements
    Coownership
    Family Property
    I think I am missing one or two? What is the best other ones to cover?

Contract:
    Agreement
    Consideration
    Estoppel
    Intention
    Terms
    Exemption Clauses
    Consumer Protection
    Misrepresentation
    Mistake
    Undue Influence
    Discharge
    Remedies

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ais20

No we just had to do the usual checks of holding up our id and smiling for the camera! Just so people are aware, I got logged out of my exam today and it was my very first Fe1 so I was panicking and I had to do the checks again in order to get back into the exam but my questions were saved thank god but just as a warning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CMUL

Good luck to everyone tomorrow doing constitutional. Its a nightmare, I got in on the 2nd go. The questions are hard when they are not repeated you have to figure out the issues. Try and put yourself in the parties position, its usually a right being taken away, something restricted and see what aspect of your life would that entail. Even if you haven't covered the topic give it a go with what you know already from other topics. He is a very generous marker, my first attempt I comfortably answered two questions correctly, (I had covered 27 topics) the other three he gave a lot of marks even though I was way off. I knew I failed straight away but I know some people passed with only 3 correct topics. On my second attempt, I covered the same 27 topics and maybe two more but I just got luckier with the questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Fe1Hopeful91

Ais20 wrote: »
    No we just had to do the usual checks of holding up our id and smiling for the camera! Just so people are aware, I got logged out of my exam today and it was my very first Fe1 so I was panicking and I had to do the checks again in order to get back into the exam but my questions were saved thank god but just as a warning!!

And your time paused as well yeah? As in you didnt lose any time for the period you were logged out?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

CMUL wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone tomorrow doing constitutional. Its a nightmare, I got in on the 2nd go. The questions are hard when they are not repeated you have to figure out the issues. Try and put yourself in the parties position, its usually a right being taken away, something restricted and see what aspect of your life would that entail. Even if you haven't covered the topic give it a go with what you know already from other topics. He is a very generous marker, my first attempt I comfortably answered two questions correctly, (I had covered 27 topics) the other three he gave a lot of marks even though I was way off. I knew I failed straight away but I know some people passed with only 3 correct topics. On my second attempt, I covered the same 27 topics and maybe two more but I just got luckier with the questions.

very encouraging words but i nearly fell over there when i saw 27 topics! i have only 21 in my manual and i’m hoping to manage about 17 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Competition Law- Art 101, 102, 107 (not doing mergers or 106 because they came up recently)

Am I cutting it a bit close?"

I can only speak for EU - I am doing the same list as you, except I'm trying to complete FMOW and Citizenship instead of Art 101/102. I think you are better offhaving covered Art 101/102 as its a banker. You seem well covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

sorry, 27 topics for one exam??? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

fe1fi20 wrote: »
    sorry, 27 topics for one exam??? :(

My manual doesn't even have close to 27 chapters

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ais20

And your time paused as well yeah? As in you didnt lose any time for the period you were logged out?
    Yeah it paused my time but to be honest it completely threw me for the last three questions, I got them answered but I was so scared to press something wrong and was more worried about that’

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BigSprogs

Amidst all this stress, this has somewhat calmed me. Thank you, kind internet stranger. God bless you.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Holy god 27 topics. I'm breaking my 5km to go to Knock to light as many candles as possible and pray, might bring the granny with me as well for extra favour

are ye staying up late or heading to bed early and waking up early ?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CMUL

Yes I kid you not 27 topics, I felt so hard done by. I had prepared so much. But I stupidly didn't cover enough SOP questions and the family question in March 2020 I hadn't covered so that was 3 questions out the window!

• Advertisement

Am I cutting it a bit close?"

I can only speak for EU - I am doing the same list as you, except I'm trying to complete FMOW and Citizenship instead of Art 101/102. I think you are better offhaving covered Art 101/102 as its a banker. You seem well covered.

Thanks for the help! Haven’t learned any of it off yet haha that will be a night before job unfortunately the way things are looking!

I always preferred waking up earlier to finish study. I feel like you feel more refreshed even if you don’t get loads of sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

I'm asking myself that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

Constitutional Law is destroying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Bed and up early

don’t think i’ll get much sleep either way

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

I feel the exact same. I’ve spent the majority of my time at constitutional and covered a lot more than any other topic and still feel like it’s going to be impossible to pass. I find the hardest part trying to determine what the problem questions are asking

Exactly. That's why I've tried to cover so much - so I can hopefully bank on doing all the essay qs where I at least (hopefully) know exactly what he's asking.

Did you mind me asking if you covered Liberty? And if you did what part?

I have - worked from the cases on NBN but with focus on the new cases and included a bit on Habeas Corpus! Hoping it's enough to construct an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LawStudent999

Definitely bed and up early. Nothing goes in after a while and better to be learning when fresh than still trying to learn after like a 12 hour day of study. Either way, best of luck to you all. Hope everyone gets a couple bits they've studied in some form or another. These exams are tough but not impossible and I'm sure you'll all smash it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Fe1 2020

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the average pass rate is for criminal? Thanks 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 2020FE1

Fe1 2020 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the average pass rate is for criminal? Thanks ��

I can’t remember exactly - but it has one of the highest pass rates, if not the highest.

Advertisement