Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    Equity - for injunctions are people just covering the mareva, interlocutory and quia timet?

I have a bit for the essay that comes up (rarely) on movement away from campus oil principles and anton piller too just in case. I'm just concious of the fact that injunctions didn't come up last sitting so wanted to be well covered for them. have the bare minimum on anton piller but it's just as a last resort/back up. if a full essay came up on it id be avoiding if i could as only have about 7 cases

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Would it impact his appeal thatbhe didnt raise the Braddish v. DPP issue at trial?? Semantics I know but I need to quell my brain haha

The issue was raised at trial it was his legal advisors who raised it but the trial judge dismissed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ais20

Just in relation to Contract law, looking for some opinions on whether or not yous think I would be covered with these topics: Offer + Acceptance, Consideration, Promissory Estoppel, Contractual Terms, Exemption Clauses, Consumer Protection, Misrepresentation, Mistake, Capacity, Discharge of Contractual Obligations and Remedies??

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

so if undue influence came up as a pq in November, do you think they're be an essay - name about ethrdge? I can't think of any other essay, and all the judgments in that are killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

For Equity tomorrow, for anyone who hasn't watched the NBN video I'd recommend doing so asap. Yer man for Equity does a super super helpful run through - I must have watched about 10 times for Nov and burned it into my brain and passed :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Yep I have this in my notes anyway - In order for the charge to be enforceable against the Revenue Commissioners, it must have been registered not only under S409 of the Act but also S1001 of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997.

Yeah, and my understanding of this is that if the chargee registers it with Rev within 21 days of creating the charge under s 1001, any past liabilities of the chargor will not be the liability of the chargee. However, if you have a fixed charge over book debts and you fail to notify the Rev, then the priority exists for both past and future. Convoluted!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Murphs122

Does anyone have an essay of cypres Doctrine?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hereforfe1

Iso_123 wrote: »
    I have a bit for the essay that comes up (rarely) on movement away from campus oil principles and anton piller too just in case. I'm just concious of the fact that injunctions didn't come up last sitting so wanted to be well covered for them. have the bare minimum on anton piller but it's just as a last resort/back up. if a full essay came up on it id be avoiding if i could as only have about 7 cases

I'm not sure I've ever had 7 full cases in an essay, fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

ok panicking big time for equity trying to do bare minimum tonight thinking:

injunctions

specific performance + rectification
    charitable + non purpose trusts
    undue influence
    proprietary estoppel

- from what i can see every year you can get 3 out of the 4 (SP, CT, UI and PE)

and then secret trusts and tracing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

ok panicking big time for equity trying to do bare minimum tonight thinking:

injunctions

specific performance + rectification
    charitable + non purpose trusts
    undue influence
    proprietary estoppel

- from what i can see every year you can get 3 out of the 4 (SP, CT, UI and PE)

and then secret trusts and tracing ?

I'm not sure how likely it is to come up, but the cy-près doctrine can come up either as an essay, instead of a charitable trust question, or it can come up as a mixed PQ!

What are you doing for proprietary estoppel?

Could anyone give me a mini summary of like 5 cases to learn? Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

equity
    does anyone think express trusts is worth cramming in given that all the possible sub topics came up in Nov?
    i am seriously starting to panic right now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Stressing out a bit here! Can anyone who did the November exams who took multiple bathroom breaks get flagged? I felt so unwell today and had to go to the bathroom a few times and am worried they’ll see this as suspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

Stressing out a bit here! Can anyone who did the November exams who took multiple bathroom breaks get flagged? I felt so unwell today and had to go to the bathroom a few times and am worried they’ll see this as suspicious

Yes, went multiple times and didn't get flagged. The rules explicitly say we're allowed bathroom breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kellyg248

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    For Equity tomorrow, for anyone who hasn't watched the NBN video I'd recommend doing so asap. Yer man for Equity does a super super helpful run through - I must have watched about 10 times for Nov and burned it into my brain and passed :-)

Ehere will I find this please?

EmmaO94 wrote: »

Where will I find this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hereforfe1

Kellyg248 wrote: »
    Where will I find this please?

You can just Google city colleges night before notes

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

In equity did duty of trustees come up in nov?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Same I went twice today I just said outloud I was going to the bathroom

Al1501 wrote: »
    Yes, went multiple times and didn't get flagged. The rules explicitly say we're allowed bathroom breaks

Thanks so much for this I’m irrationally worrying haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fe12020grad

This might sound silly but did you say that you were going to the bathroom to the camera and then just leave the room? Or did you just walk out without saying anything? Tomorrow is my first online FE1 so I'm a bundle of nerves at the moment.

• Advertisement

awsah wrote: »
    In equity did duty of trustees come up in nov?

Duty not to make a profit came up

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dancing Obsession

I went 3 times to the bathroom and I wasn't flagged but I drank lots of water as I was quite stressed

I'm using a PC with a monitor, does proctorio require me to scan the room with my monitor/camera?

I'm using a PC with a monitor, does proctorio require me to scan the room with my monitor/camera?

It didn’t today you just hold your id up and it takes a few pictures of your face

Hereforfe1 wrote: »
    You can just Google city colleges night before notes

for the video?

I went 3 times to the bathroom and I wasn't flagged but I drank lots of water as I was quite stressed

Thank you so much! Feel less stressed now

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

This might sound silly but did you say that you were going to the bathroom to the camera and then just leave the room? Or did you just walk out without saying anything? Tomorrow is my first online FE1 so I'm a bundle of nerves at the moment.

I did, I just said I'm going to the bathroom and left! Don't worry about tomorrow, you're going to do great. The days waiting in the lead up to the exam are far worse than the exam itself, I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Just listened to the NBN for Equity the 4 main topics he recommends covering:

Charitable Trusts/Cy-Pres and Non Charitable Purpose Trusts (he spends most of the video talking about these)
    Injunctions - Interloc., Mandatory, Mareva
    Trustess
    Tracing.

Just in case people are stuck for time and don't have the 30 mins to listen to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

for the video?
    https://citycolleges.ie/night-before-notes-2021/

Try the link attached - that should bring you to it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 fe12020grad

I did, I just said I'm going to the bathroom and left! Don't worry about tomorrow, you're going to do great. The days waiting in the lead up to the exam are far worse than the exam itself, I find.
    Thank you, nearly seems worse doing them from home. Having two in a row the next two days definitely doesn't help. But we'll get through them sure.

Advertisement