Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Dropin wrote: »
    Thank you :) just starting it now and thought I could cut some corners..

Unfortunately this isn't the one for that. You do need to know the whole course really. All it seems to be covered. If you need any notes let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Hi everyone

Does anyone know how late you can apply to the PPC Hybrid that will start in December 2021?

I failed one exam and I am trying to decide whether I need to sit it again in March or can leave it until the Oct sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dropin

awsah wrote: »
    i found it easier to learn them all off in order, instead of trying to remember, what one is "threats to kill" i would jsut go through the order 2,3,4 assault, 5 threats to kill, boom!

Thanks il bear that in mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Does anyone know how late you can apply to the PPC Hybrid that will start in December 2021?

I failed one exam and I am trying to decide whether I need to sit it again in March or can leave it until the Oct sitting.

I would sit it in March again, if you can. You aren't guaranteed a pass, and if you fail again which is not unheard of, at least you have October. Best case scenario is you pass and it's out of your mind for the remainder of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

How many marks can you feasibly go up in a re-check? Does anybody have any anecdotal experiences?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Fe7 wrote: »
    I would sit it in March again, if you can. You aren't guaranteed a pass, and if you fail again which is not unheard of, at least you have October. Best case scenario is you pass and it's out of your mind for the remainder of the year.

Thanks I just don't know if I have the time to do it this sitting - does anyone know if you pass all exams after the Oct 2021 sitting whether you can still do the hybrid in December?

Thanks I just don't know if I have the time to do it this sitting - does anyone know if you pass all exams after the Oct 2021 sitting whether you can still do the hybrid in December?

I would imagine so? Surely it’s the same as people who were waiting on this sitting to get into the hybrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

It's not guaranteed but generally yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

Does anyone know when we could expect to see exam papers and examiners reports from the nov 2020 released? Will it be after rechecks?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

phildub wrote: »
    Does anyone know when we could expect to see exam papers and examiners reports from the nov 2020 released? Will it be after rechecks?

Heard someone mention it was months after March. If refunds are anything to go by it, don't hold your breath. I have held off requesting in the hope those hoping to recheck get their script first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 michaelot97

What does the recheck process actually consist of? Is it just the same examiner spending a minute flicking through our script again or is there an external examiner brought in?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

What does the recheck process actually consist of? Is it just the same examiner spending a minute flicking through our script again or is there an external examiner brought in?

Like the marking scheme....I don't think anyone actually knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

To whom it may concern,

I wish to make an access request under Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for a copy of any and all information you keep about me, on computer or in manual form in relation to my FE1 exam application and paper answers for the November sitting in the following subjects
    Company Law
    Law of Torts
    Law on the European Union
    Criminal Law
    In particular, I request the following;
    Copies of my exam answer book
    Any comments made by the internal examiner, assistant examiner or the external examiner either on the exam paper itself or in any other digital or manual format.
    All marks allocated to each individual question
    Any minutes taken at any meeting of the examiners or the Board of Examiners where my exam results were discussed.
    All personal data that the Law Society of Ireland has collected on me.
    I respectfully request that this information is provided to me without undue delay and at the latest within one month from 15 January 2021. Should you need to extend the time to respond by a further two months (in situations only where my request is deemed complex, or you have received a number of requests from myself), I request to be notified within one month of receiving this access request with full and satisfactory explanation as to why the extension is necessary.

I have attached a copy of my valid Irish Passport as confirmation of my identity. Kindly confirm receipt of this email.

I await hearing from you.

To whom it may concern,

I wish to make an access request under Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for a copy of any and all information you keep about me, on computer or in manual form in relation to my FE1 exam application and paper answers for the November sitting in the following subjects
    Company Law
    Law of Torts
    Law on the European Union
    Criminal Law
    In particular, I request the following;
    Copies of my exam answer book
    Any comments made by the internal examiner, assistant examiner or the external examiner either on the exam paper itself or in any other digital or manual format.
    All marks allocated to each individual question
    Any minutes taken at any meeting of the examiners or the Board of Examiners where my exam results were discussed.
    All personal data that the Law Society of Ireland has collected on me.
    I respectfully request that this information is provided to me without undue delay and at the latest within one month from 15 January 2021. Should you need to extend the time to respond by a further two months (in situations only where my request is deemed complex, or you have received a number of requests from myself), I request to be notified within one month of receiving this access request with full and satisfactory explanation as to why the extension is necessary.

I have attached a copy of my valid Irish Passport as confirmation of my identity. Kindly confirm receipt of this email.

I await hearing from you.

this is what i sent in to request my script, feel free to take from it if ye wish, they won't give you what you don't ask for!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

Lealaw wrote: »
    Heard someone mention it was months after March. If refunds are anything to go by it, don't hold your breath. I have held off requesting in the hope those hoping to recheck get their script first.

Oh I meant the actual exam papers, not my answers, they would be useful for studying for the next set

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

phildub wrote: »
    Oh I meant the actual exam papers, not my answers, they would be useful for studying for the next set

Ah sorry I misread/ jumped to conclusion. The March paper and report came out after the last sitting. Not sure if this is normal or if it will change due to the online sitting.

Lealaw wrote: »
    Ah sorry I misread/ jumped to conclusion. The March paper and report came out after the last sitting. Not sure if this is normal or if it will change due to the online sitting.

i had the march exam papers prior to sitting the November exams, but maybe not before they were due to be held in October, I cant remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 loosehead1973

Hi folks,
    What resources do people use for the case note Q. I am looking at supremecourt.ie for the most up-to-date cases etc but is there any other resource available to us. He generally throws recent cases into other Q's as well as we seen in the Q on standing in Nov 20 paper.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Hi, I have prepared notes for the following topics for Property, should I be ok?Will Construction and Essential
    Succession Rights
    Adverse Possession
    Easements
    Coownership
    Family Property
    Finding
    Licences and Rights of Residence
    Landlord and Tenant
    Mortgage
    Intestate Succession

Secondly, I am currently doing Company, Property and Contract. I was considering Constitutional but was wondering should I chance Equity and Criminal instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

Hi, I have prepared notes for the following topics for Property, should I be ok?Will Construction and Essential
    Succession Rights
    Adverse Possession
    Easements
    Coownership
    Family Property
    Finding
    Licences and Rights of Residence
    Landlord and Tenant
    Mortgage
    Intestate Succession

Secondly, I am currently doing Company, Property and Contract. I was considering Constitutional but was wondering should I chance Equity and Criminal instead.

You should be well covered with those, succession is usually two questions, adverse possession is usually a question and co-ownership/finding nearly always come up. Family property came up last sitting but might come up again. If you check the exam papers, you'll notice the word for word same questions come up again and again! Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

They are expensive however you do get all the material included so the booklet and exam papers plus sample answers depending on the institution you do it with

I wouldn’t necessarily do it for the sample answers as they can be hit and miss but it is helpful having someone explain the cases to you and I find it helps me remember more by listening

I have passed 4 without doing a course! you can buy notes, manuals sample answers second hand from other people on the likes of adverts gumtree and done deal and they have been enough for me to pass. Just in case anyone is struggling.

LS3 wrote: »
    I have passed 4 without doing a course! you can buy notes, manuals sample answers second hand from other people on the likes of adverts gumtree and done deal and they have been enough for me to pass. Just in case anyone is struggling.

i agree, I did a course for my first four and didn't find it great, doing them on my own this time around, well tha's not true, I get grinds from james o mahoney on face book and actually find him brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

Ah lads, what a day. What a day. I have just been informed that my uncle has cancer. You genuinely think the day couldn’t get worse..

I just wanted to comment here as a reminder that these exams can be depressing and may even change the course of the next year for you (as I was literally crying about earlier for not getting to start my TC this year.. boo hoo). But in the end we have our health – I am thankful that I have the ability to even be pursuing these at all during this time. My uncle’s news is reminding me I am also grateful that I have the health to even plan a future. I definitely forget that being as young as I am that peace of mind and a healthy body is something I take for granted.

I hope for those of you that had a hard day today that you can find solace in this reminder, and not to forget your family and loved ones while pursuing these. This forum has really helped my sanity throughout earlier today. Thanks all x

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

LS3 wrote: »

I passed my first four today. I bought notes from gumtree. They have everything - exam papers/reports, grids, sample answers etc. Definitely no need to pay big money for a course on top of what you have to pay for the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

Fe7 wrote: »
    Starting a month or two late doesn't really seem to outweigh the 12+ months others will have to because the Autumn exam was pushed out and the results were unprecedented and also late. Nevertheless, you still get to start with ample time in September with Blackhall.

The results for those are really cutting it for those trying to find accommodation and arrive to Blackhall on time. It doesn't seem fair given the same point above.

Its a difficult time for everyone.

If the exams are pushed out then those with TC's starting in April/ May won't be starting a month or two late they'll actually lose their contracts (or if they're lucky they might get to defer it a year).
    So I think it's quite unfair on those who have contracts lined up and had planned all along on having their last sitting in March to now have that taken away so they don't have the option to finish before their TC.

Bottom line is it's unfair on some people if it's postponed, it's unfair on others if it's not. The law society have handled this terribly, as they have with every issue that has arisen since March, August and November and with delaying our results this long they've inevitably left one group or another totally disadvantaged. I think an additional sitting for people with repeats is the best option imo

My heart really does go out to anyone who didn't get the results they were expecting today, I can't believe the LS chose this sitting, of all sittings, to mark papers harder than usual especially given all the issues with their own chosen software. It's just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

EU
    Would people recommend getting Blackstone’s EU Treaties & Legislation for EU or is it necessary?

With the rechecks do they release the results all together or different subject different times etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

EU
    Would people recommend getting Blackstone’s EU Treaties & Legislation for EU or is it necessary?

I’d definitely recommend - I used it heavily for one of my questions and if I didn’t have it wouldn’t have done as well at all

EU

honestly think I wouldn't have passed without it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 lcs3

honestly think I wouldn't have passed without it!

I have one to sell if anyone’s looking for one.

Advertisement